Random RebelWithoutaCauseness

Posted by RebelWithoutaCause 
Random RebelWithoutaCauseness
Date: June 11, 2010 06:05AM
Posted by: RebelWithoutaCause
Is your iPod acting funny? There are a number of things that can be wrong with it, but this super fix solution will cure most problems. In order for this trick to work, your battery must be functioning normally.

What we are going to do is ERASE your iPod and then re-install the iPod's software. If your iPod has a software problem, this will probably fix it:

WARNING: YOU WILL LOSE ALL MUSIC, CONTACTS AND EVENTS ON YOUR iPOD. IF POSSIBLE, YOU MAY WANT TO BACKUP THESE FILES.

1. To erase your iPod, do the following:

ERASE YOUR iPOD (MAC OSX)

If you have OSX, you can use Disk Utility (Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities). If you have a PC running Microsoft Windows, click here for more instructions or read the next paragraph.
Select your iPod in the Disk Utility window and press the Repair button
Then press the Erase button to erase the iPod's hard drive. Extended Journaled should answer your next question.
ERASE YOUR iPOD (WINDOWS XP)

Open "My Computer" on your Desktop
Select "IPOD". It should be listed next to your C drive.
Right click and chose "Format"
Select "FAT 32" and <Format>
Reboot Computer
ERASE YOUR iPOD (WINDOWS VISTA)

If these Vista instructions are wrong, please let us know. Vista was such a piece of crap we banned it from the office.

Open "My computer" on your Desktop
Right-click on iPod
Click "Format"
Select "Restore Device Defaults"
Press "Start"
2. After you erase your iPod, you need to run the Restore function before your iPod will work properly. To Restore your iPod, do the following:

Connect the iPod to your computer using the FireWire/USB cable that came with it.

Open iTunes. Make sure you are using the newest version of iTunes. You can download iTunes updates from [www.itunes.com]

iTunes may sense that the iPod is connected and prompt you to install any necessary software. If not, select your iPod from the Source column on the left side of your iTunes window. There will be several tabs along the top of the screen such as: Summary, Music, Photo, Contacts, etc. You should select the Summary tab.

Click Restore.

You may need to type in an Admin user's name and password. An alert box will ask you to confirm the restore process. Say yes.

When the factory settings have been restored, unplug the FireWire/USB cable from iPod.

When prompted by the iPod, reconnect the FireWire/USB cable. After the iPod has updated itself and restarted, you should see the message "Do not disconnect" flashing on the screen.

You may be prompted by iTunes to type in a name for your iPod. Feel free to get creative.

The "Automatically update my iPod" option is selected by default. Deselect this option if you wish and click Done. The iTunes main window appears, and the download status is displayed in the iTunes display.

Wait until the iTunes display says the update is complete.

Quit iTunes.

Disconnect the FireWire/USB cable from iPod. After a few moments, the Language display appears on the iPod screen.

Select a language. If you screw up this step click here. One time I accidentally selected Chinese for the language. That sucked.
If the iPod does not turn on at all, disconnect it from power and let it sit unconnected for approximately 24 hours. Then repeat this procedure.

If your iPod is still unresponsive, THROW IT AWAY. Just kidding. If it is still under warranty, go to the AppleCare iPod Support Page to arrange for service [depot.info.apple.com]. If your iPod is out of warranty, then use our VIP Repair Service to get it fixed.

FAQ : NEW iPOD WITH EXCLAIMATION MARK FOLDER

"Hi - this is a question about that folder with the exclamation mark. In short - 3 month-old, 40g iPhoto: about two weeks ago it froze, and just had a charging battery sign on it. I reset it, and it just showed the Apple logo, and then after several more attempts at resetting it or trying to put it into diagnostic mode (it wouldn't go), it showed the folder with the exclamation mark. If I plug it into my computer it doesn't recognize the ipod at all - not in itunes, not as a disk, and if I go to the updater it just asks me to plug in an ipod in order to update it. Whilst all this is going on, it shows the 'do not disconnect' sign - but not the large red-colored stop sign I am used to on the iphoto: instead it has an earlier-black and white version that looks like something off a c.1990 Apple Mac. It never stops telling me not to disconnect, so in order to recharge the thing I have just had to unplug it. NB I have installed new versions of iTunes (still doesn't recognize it at all). Any ideas?" ~tom

"I would like to thank you and give you mad props for this page: Erase Your iPod. It showed me how to fix my video ipod (5th Gen) by formatting it. The error 1418 help on apple tech support and other websites just wasted more than 4 hours of my time. Your method worked right away. Your site did not immediately come up based on my search criteria or wording. In short you can also advertise this fix for the error 1418 and ipod's with missing files and would not sync. I truly want to say thanks from the bottom of my heart." ~sfcericbdaniels

Congratulations, you did everything right when trying to troubleshoot this problem. One last thing, try hooking your iPod up to another computer. If you see the same problem, then you know the issue is definitely with your iPod and not your computer. If you are able to get a stable connection with a computer, then erase your iPod. Otherwise, it looks like you have a bad hard drive. It might have gotten dropped. Since this iPod is only 3 months old, it is still under warranty and you should have Apple repair it. You can find more info from [depot.info.apple.com]. For future reference, If your iPod is out of warranty, then use our VIP Repair Service to get it fixed.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2010 02:46PM by mortal.
Do you work for ipod? or did someone actually request this wall of text?

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Not sure what I find funnier here: the uselessness of this thread or mortal's "do you work for ipod" reply.

One of these days.......he'll figure out the OT forum.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Not even the best 'fix' /facepalm
he might be a twilight fan if you look at his avatar

No...just no.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Random RebelWithoutaCauseness...
Date: June 11, 2010 11:11PM
Posted by: Morbid
Here, RebelWithoutaCause. I made you your very own private thread. It is a present... just for you! Here you can put all your inane dribble, so you don't infect the rest of the forum.

Enjoy!

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
That's a brilliant FailPic.

[Website]
Re: Random RebelWithoutaCauseness...
Date: June 12, 2010 11:25AM
Sometimes I worry about being a success in a mediocre world.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 11:27AM by RebelWithoutaCause.
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not sure what I find funnier here: the uselessness
> of this thread or mortal's "do you work for ipod"
> reply.

I’d rather live with a good question than a bad answer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 11:31AM by RebelWithoutaCause.
Date: June 12, 2010 11:27AM
Posted by: Nickv
RebelWithoutaCause Schreef:
> A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a
> fool from his friends.

This post was brought to you by quotesandsayings.com
mortal Wrote:
> One of these days.......he'll figure out the OT
> forum.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left.
EC83 Wrote:
> [i357.photobucket.com]
> te/fail_thread.jpg

There’s so much comedy on this thread. Does that cause comedy in the streets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 11:36AM by RebelWithoutaCause.
Date: June 12, 2010 11:38AM
Date: June 12, 2010 04:59PM
Posted by: mortal
If you post download links to games I will delete your account and block your ip. This is your second warning. There will be no third warning.

RebelWithoutaCause Wrote:
> There’s so much comedy on this thread. Does that
> cause comedy in the streets?

You ARE the comedy on the streets.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
RebelWithoutaCause Wrote:
> mortal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > One of these days.......he'll figure out the OT
> > forum.
>
> What the world needs is more geniuses with
> humility, there are so few of us left.

what the world needs is fewer forum trolls copying and pasting sections of random websites...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy