So... Erm...

Posted by madotter 
So... Erm...
Date: April 20, 2010 11:30PM
Posted by: madotter
As many of you know, I am currently on holiday in the US of A. I am staying in Connecticut and am due to fly back to London HR on Sunday 25th April. I should be getting a flight from CT to Washington DC, then to London HR.

With the ash from this volcano heading over to Canada as we speak, am I actually going to get home? I looked at some pics from the met office which shows the ash's path is the same as the flight path from Washington DC to London. I know some airports in the UK are starting to accept euro flights but there has been no news on international flights.

My worry is, even if LHR does open for international by Sunday, with the ash almost over here now, will the US airports be sending transatlantic flights?

Don't get me wrong, if i HAVE to stay here longer... That's cool :) But I do have commitments at home.

Meh, always something.

Iain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2010 11:41PM by madotter.
Re: So... Erm...
Date: April 20, 2010 11:33PM
Posted by: Nickv
Don't worry, I think the ash will be gone by March.
Date: April 20, 2010 11:42PM
Posted by: madotter
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't worry, I think the ash will be gone by
> March.

I mean April, this month :) Sorry.
Date: April 21, 2010 01:14AM
Posted by: sasjag
You'll be fine, we have Trans-Atlantic flights planned for later this week from Cologne

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 22, 2010 01:16AM
Posted by: danm
Lol, smells like the USA is not broadcasting the Volcano incident as it didn't happen on home soil hahaha.

Reminds me of the all too often news channels when I've stayed there...

'' Thankyou Mr Bouchard for that report. Now moving on from US News...

CNN World News.... today... in AMERICA......''

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 22, 2010 03:06AM
Posted by: SchueyFan
well it seems the air space is opening up for now, but we don't know if the volcano will start erupting ash again any time soon.

Also, I would call your airline, because with the back-log of travellers, you should make sure your seat is still there.

X (@ed24f1)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2010 03:06AM by SchueyFan.
Date: April 22, 2010 05:07PM
Posted by: danm
Looks like a UK plane had to return to Manchester shortly after take-off. Suspected ash in the engine in the air feed to the planes interior. Pilot said he could smell burning, and a reputed engine cut out mid air.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 22, 2010 06:30PM
Posted by: EC83
Another thing they maybe haven't taken into consideration is the cumulative factor. These planes are flown on a daily basis, backwards and forwards across Europe. Even if the planes seem OK after one flight, there's still the very real danger of ash building up in the engines or affecting other aspects of the planes' performance as it builds up over a number of flights.

Date: April 22, 2010 09:30PM
Posted by: Muks_C
is it still too early to make jokes about people suffering from the volcano? should we wait till the dust settles? ;)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy