Internet on XP

Posted by msater 
Internet on XP
Date: January 29, 2010 02:13PM
Posted by: msater
Hi guys,

I've got to connect my PC to the internet after a reinstall of XP. Problem is, I don't know how to do. I've googled it, and I didn't find anything. So I was wondering if you guys could help.

My connection: A Virgin Media wired connection. My IP address is static. The connection is already existing, I can automatically connect to Ubuntu on the same PC. It's XP that is causing the problem. Anymore infomation, just ask.

I know I have too go into Network Connections on XP Control Panel...but then I'm lost.

I wish XP was like 7. Just install, click the right connection, and you're off. Bah.

Thanks guys.

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Re: Internet on XP
Date: January 29, 2010 05:08PM
Posted by: Monza972
Just plug it into the LAN Port and off you go.

Or

Connect the cable and start up Firefox or any browser of your choice and try to surf the internet. If it doesn't work, go to start, Network Connections and see whether your "Local Area Connection" is disabled or not. If disabled then enable it and off you go hopefully :)
Date: January 29, 2010 05:20PM
Posted by: Naboo
how did u google it if you cant connect to the internet and post on here? Do u have router or modem?

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: January 29, 2010 05:56PM
Went on the internet at lunch, at my school.

I have a router btw.

Date: January 29, 2010 06:06PM
Posted by: Willb
I'm guessing you didn't install the drivers for your network card. Win 7 and Ubuntu might have had them built in. Check in device manager if you can see your Ethernet device

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 06:07PM by Willb.
Date: January 29, 2010 06:15PM
OK, thanks Willb, I'll try that ASAP!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy