Starwars to get the 3D treatment

Posted by LS. 
Starwars to get the 3D treatment
Date: January 24, 2010 01:43PM
Posted by: LS.
Star Wars 3D has been given a new lease of life thanks to James Cameron's Avatar. According to Star Wars creator George Lucas, the project had been stalling but after seeing Avatar become such a success at the cinema, it has given him, ahem, a new hope to make the project a success.

"I'm happy it's so successful, and worked very well in 3D," Lucas explained to Access Hollywood about Avatar.

"I haven't been a big fan of 3D, but that movie definitely improves in [the field of] 3D."

Star Wars struggle

When prompted about his own 3D plans, he noted: "We've been looking for years and years and years of trying to take Star Wars and put it in 3D ... But, the technology hasn't been there.

"We've been struggling with it, but I think this will be a new impetus to make that happen."

Hmmm an interesting point, from what ive read and seen about the way Avatar was created its not going to be easy to achieve as it was mainly rendered in CGI using virtual cameras rendered for each eye, it would require a lot of stuff to re rendered and re filmed.

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 01:54PM by LS..
Re: Starwars to get the 3D treatment
Date: January 24, 2010 04:17PM
Posted by: Covfan
I'd rather see Bride Wars in 3D!
Date: January 28, 2010 08:58PM
Posted by: Sapo
The titleroll at the start of the films might be interesting, may be it feels like it comes flying out of your own head :P

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: January 29, 2010 05:56PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
gee another excuse to add more content that will ruin it.

@#$%& off george lucas

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy