Aussie Tourism...Come to Australia!

Posted by mortal 
Aussie Tourism...Come to Australia!
Date: January 21, 2010 10:04AM
Posted by: mortal

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Aussie Tourism...Come to Australia!
Date: January 21, 2010 10:38AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
gruen transfer ftw.

On a semi related note I just got back from a camping trip where i went to a beach with not a soul on it as far as the eye could see in either direction. And it was only like, an hour and a bit out of newcastle. This country ftmfw
Date: January 21, 2010 10:41AM
Posted by: torana_05
lol i was just about to say thats off greun transfer. there is another one that the other team did on that show
here it is

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2010 10:47AM by mortal.
Date: January 21, 2010 11:58PM
Posted by: mortal
Dumb questions asked by tourists!

"CAN I catch a train from Fiji to New Zealand?" and "what type of car is needed to drive from the Great Barrier Reef to Perth?" are just some of the dumbest questions asked by tourists.

Australian travel agents were asked to list some of the strangest questions asked by holidaymakers and the results revealed plenty of blonde moments.

According to staff from Australia's Sunlover Holidays customer call centre, queries are as varied as they are strange.

"I'm doing a crossword at the moment and need your help. What is the name of that really tall building in the Gold Coast?'' one asked.

Another wanted to know why Australian stop signs were shaped like hexagons and why "they always plant bananas on slopes'' here.

A smoker wanted to know how many cartons of cigarettes they could take on their driving holiday to Queensland and a swimmer asked call centre staff to predict how many people would be in their hotel pool on Good Friday.

Australian geography is often the weakest point for international visitors, one asking what type of car they would need to drive overnight from the Great Barrier Reef to Perth.

Another wondered what passport they would need to visit Melbourne from Queensland.

Yet another asked for staff to compile a list of toilets they could visit while driving from Cairns to Brisbane.

But it seems us Aussies have similar difficulties with geography.

According to Flight Centre staff, would-be Aussie holidaymakers have levelled their fair share of jaw-dropping questions.

"Can I catch a train from Fiji to New Zealand?'' asked one visitor interested in booking a rail holiday.

One traveller was baffled by the concept of international time zones, asking: ``I know it's a long flight but how is it that I take off at 10am in Sydney and land at 10am in Vancouver on the same day? How is that possible?''

Others wondered what the capitals of Africa and Europe were and asked whether Canada and America were different countries.

Another Aussie wondered what their duty free allowance was in Tasmania while another checked that shops in Perth would take the same currency as Brisbane.

"Can you get Australian money out of ATMs overseas?'' asked another.

Stolen from news.com.au :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 22, 2010 06:37AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
Another wanted to know why Australian stop signs were shaped like hexagons

Why are they shaped like hexagons?

Date: January 22, 2010 07:23AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
Red_Bull Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another wanted to know why Australian stop signs
> were shaped like hexagons
>
> Why are they shaped like hexagons?

I hope you're not from Australia and it's just an innocent question.... They're not hexagons, they're octagons, just like the rest of the world
Date: January 22, 2010 10:42AM
Posted by: Ho3n3r
mortal Wrote:
> Dumb questions asked by tourists!
>
> "CAN I catch a train from Fiji to New Zealand?"
> and "what type of car is needed to drive from the
> Great Barrier Reef to Perth?" are just some of the
> dumbest questions asked by tourists.

That's not as bad as people not from South Africa asking you if you are scared of walking in the city because of the lions.
Date: January 22, 2010 05:06PM
Posted by: Vader
Ho3n3r Wrote:
> mortal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Dumb questions asked by tourists!
> >
> > "CAN I catch a train from Fiji to New Zealand?"
> > and "what type of car is needed to drive from
> the
> > Great Barrier Reef to Perth?" are just some of
> the
> > dumbest questions asked by tourists.
>
> That's not as bad as people not from South Africa
> asking you if you are scared of walking in the
> city because of the lions.

Especially since they all be runnin round nekkid in Africa ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy