chet
ok, it worked :p! I think I still prefer the
normal way of doing it because it has the posters
name....

ooh, fancy

Re: We're baaack!
Date: December 06, 2009 07:18PM
Posted by: MDBSnake
With the use of the old orange style forum I always found it very easy to see I had received a new PM, a big orange bar all across the screen just above the topics and underneath the banner, now it's less noticeable in my opinion, disappearing in the upper right corner in the forum colors.

If you are racing, keep on racing and get some points!

GPG Super League S11 | Driver #41 | Team-manager | Snake Motorsports Racing Group | Next Race: Emmeloord - Flevoland GP | Constructors: 10th | Best Race Finish: 1st
GPG Super League Season 9 Testers Champion*
Date: December 06, 2009 09:00PM
Posted by: EC83
Thanks for that Monil!
Should've thought of it myself really, there are things called buttons at the top of the post window now... Duh! My bad.

Chet likes sex. It's official!

Date: December 09, 2009 10:42PM
Posted by: pankykapus
The one thing that bothers me most is that I can't see the pages at the top of the thread, if I wanted to select another page I need to scroll all the way down.
I think someone has already mentioned it, I'm just giving it a +1.

EDIT: Haha and also my location at the gpg map moved to just a bit above Yemen :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2009 10:45PM by pankykapus.
Date: January 02, 2010 06:30PM
Posted by: Nickv
I've experienced another bug.

Sometimes a thread claims it has new post, while those posts aren't actually new. I discovered it when I saw a post of myself that I didn't remember. It turned out I had been reading a page of posts from last June... The thread claimed they were new, while they clearly weren't. This has happened in other threads too.

Is there any news on the suggestions BTW? :) Which are being thought about and which have been sent straight to the bin? ;)
Date: January 02, 2010 06:38PM
Posted by: Muks_C
yeah i've had that too, you read new posts, leave, the ncome back and it's telling you the posts you've already read are new by showing the threadname in bold.

and i agree with Panky's suggestion, page numbers would be useful at the top of the page too.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: January 02, 2010 11:20PM
Posted by: mortal
There's a few things on the list to do yet. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 27, 2010 12:03PM
Posted by: gav
In every sub-forum other than the off-topic forum (other sports, other motorsport, F1, GPx forums and the language specific forums) the buttons above the message box have done a runner (for bold, italic, text, quote etc).

I know Stephen has been fiddling, so it might be on his to do list, but I thought I'd flag it up just in case it's been overlooked.

Date: November 19, 2011 03:36PM
Posted by: Robert
Resurrecting this thread because there's a couple of problems I'd like to point out:

Firstly, the site banner is messed up. On Firefox the grandprixgames.org text moves up out of view if the window's more than 1600px wide. On IE, I can see the logo in the banner twice! This could really have done with being fixed by now.

Also, it'd be nice if the new style quote feature was used when the quote button on posts was clicked, rather than the old > > one.

And, not a problem as such, but the jump to forum link being a mouseover menu is a bit annoying, as I usually bring down the menu by accident when going to the search box.

Rob

Edit: and we really need a link to the downloads section on the homepage, as I'll bet that a lot of people who visit here will have no idea that the downloads section even exists

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2011 03:44PM by Robert.
Date: November 19, 2011 11:48PM
Posted by: Zcott
The IE and FF banner issues can be fixed by using a real browser that isn't made by Fischer-Price.

Date: November 20, 2011 12:24AM
Posted by: n00binio
Robert schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Edit: and we really need a link to the downloads
> section on the homepage, as I'll bet that a lot of
> people who visit here will have no idea that the
> downloads section even exists

this is imo a pretty good idea

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: November 20, 2011 01:33AM
Posted by: Robert
Zcott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The IE and FF banner issues can be fixed by using
> a real browser that isn't made by Fischer-Price.

Chrome is great, but sadly there are firefox addons I'm not willing to give up :( (Edit: and the tab bar doesn't scroll)
And the vast majority of visiters here will almost certainly use IE - saying it's rubbish won't fix their problem.

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 01:36AM by Robert.
Date: November 20, 2011 09:34AM
It does the same in Chrome (and unsurprisingly SRWare Iron) and Opera that it does in Firefox.

And Safari is simply hilarious on anything other than a Mac, and it isn't too hot on that either now... and it's the same size as a small ship now. Edit: and it's broken on that too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2011 09:36AM by gav.
Date: November 20, 2011 10:34AM
Posted by: mortal
LOL :-) Guys, I've sent your recent comments to Stephan, but he is busy.......

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: November 20, 2011 11:01AM
I personally don't care about the banner (though the updated quotes would be nice), I was merely clarifying that it's broken in all browsers.
Date: November 26, 2011 12:09AM
The banner works fine for me(on this PC at least, I've not really paid much attention to how it works on others), and that's using Chrome.

Out of interest: Back in early 2009 there was an announcement about a new site banner which was apparently going to be introduced at the site upgrade to replace the current one(Spa 2005 with the focus on Eau Rouge, Rubens in the foreground). There was a competition IIRC, and the winner was one featuring Mansell and Patrese in their Williams in '92.
Are there still plans to put that banner up?

Date: November 26, 2011 12:20AM
EC83
The banner works fine for me(on this PC at least, I've not really paid much attention to how it works on others), and that's using Chrome.

It won't if you stretch the window to 1600-1700 pixels wide.
Date: November 26, 2011 12:26AM
Probably not - my window is 1280px wide at the moment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy