Who is the bloody Ozzy Osbourne´s guitarist??!

Posted by Frantic 
Who is the bloody Ozzy Osbourne´s guitarist??!
Date: October 05, 2009 08:00PM
Posted by: Frantic
ok, i knew he has blown out Zakk Wylde because Ozzy´s sound was starting to sound like Black Label Society... and that Ozzy made an audition for John 5 (ex-Marilyn Manson), but nothing was confirmed

so

Who the $%&@ is now Ozzy´s guitarist?

Re: Who is the bloody Ozzy Osbourne´s guitarist??!
Date: October 05, 2009 08:30PM
Posted by: EC83
I think it's Gus G. Gus G has played guitar for Ozzy on a few recent gigs anyway.

Date: October 05, 2009 09:06PM
Posted by: smorr
Does it really matter? I say this as....

A) Ozzy hasn't made anything decent since the mid 90's IMO. Some will argue, but again, IMO.
B) He's Ozzy. He sure can pick awesome guitarists, but sadly he's going downhill with his picks. Then again, after Randy and Jake, kinda hard to keep it at the same level.

I honestly haven't heard to terribly much about it, which is odd as a site I go to frequently would be all over this. AFAIK Zakk's (long term) replacement hasn't been announced yet.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: October 06, 2009 12:44AM
Posted by: Slash
smorr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does it really matter? I say this as....
>
> A) Ozzy hasn't made anything decent since the mid
> 90's IMO. Some will argue, but again, IMO.
> B) He's Ozzy. He sure can pick awesome guitarists,
> but sadly he's going downhill with his picks. Then
> again, after Randy and Jake, kinda hard to keep it
> at the same level.
>
> I honestly haven't heard to terribly much about
> it, which is odd as a site I go to frequently
> would be all over this. AFAIK Zakk's (long term)
> replacement hasn't been announced yet.

totally agree, Zakk is awesome because of his stage presence and all,and he is a good guitarrist, very respected by many, but lately Ozzy was sounding too BLS, too many powerchords and pinch harmonics
i got into Ozzy because of Zakk, but Jake E Lee i must say is way better musician and guitarrist, he's amazing, and wrote Ozzy's best for me anyway Bark at the Moon

Gus G is just a younger dirtier version of Zakk, i don't like it at all, he moves exactly like him, so just a cheap copy

&feature=related (BARK AT THE MOON GUS G)

(Zakk best peromance of Bark at the moon)

(the master, Jake E Lee)

note Jake's amazing arrangements, obviously the guy wrote the song so he knows what to do with it, but still, Amazing guitarrist

imho, if it's not Jake, then keep Zakk, Ozzy has yet to anounce his long term Zakk replacement, so we could end up in a 2000 flashback and keep Zakk at the end, but John 5 sounds as the likely pick
Date: October 06, 2009 01:26AM
Posted by: Naboo
ISO ozzy stopped making good things ages agooo

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: October 06, 2009 12:12PM
Posted by: EC83
Maybe, but he still comes out with some hilarious quotes. His answer to Martin on the grid at Montreal in 2003 being just one example.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy