Don't copy that floppy!

Posted by ralv585 
Re: Don't copy that floppy!
Date: September 17, 2009 03:54PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Can't imagine why anyone would buy the original Falcon now over the newer edition Allied Force other than to get a kick out of how insanely buggy it was! I think I bought it back in the day for around £40IR (Yes, thats how old it is, we still had our own currency back then), so yeah, someone looking for $185 is having a laugh! :D
Date: September 18, 2009 12:00AM
Posted by: smorr
The Lopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can't imagine why anyone would buy the original
> Falcon now over the newer edition Allied Force
> other than to get a kick out of how insanely buggy
> it was! I think I bought it back in the day for
> around £40IR (Yes, thats how old it is, we still
> had our own currency back then), so yeah, someone
> looking for $185 is having a laugh! :D

Errrr, actually, the old Falcon is much better now. Got to remember, it's had 11 years of development from the community, it's almost as stable, looks better, and is VASTLY improved realism wise. Search for RV2 (IIRC is the latest version, RV1 is where I left off). Mah Gawd it changes things. Skidmarks in underwear guaranteed.

So yes, the old 4.0 is still a viable F16 sim option.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Date: September 18, 2009 11:38AM
Posted by: The Lopper
Lol, I dived into Falcon upgrades waaay too late and got lost in the insane amount of patching you could do to it (Way, way more confusing than jumping into the patching world of GP4 about 6 years after it came out, for instance) Allied Force was a cheap and easy way to get a stable Falcon with a second theater of war (Italy/Balkans), without having to spend weeks downloading...

I'll be unemployed soon, maybe then I'll dive back into the incredibly complicated but enjoyable world of Falcon! :)
Date: September 18, 2009 05:06PM
Posted by: smorr
Well, the dance is gone these days, both the main mods (RV and OF) are basically install the game on your system, install the mod. Pretty darn simple anymore.

The Flanker is gone. :(
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy