*#%&@*$ Bebo

Posted by Guimengo 
*#%&@*$ Bebo
Date: August 12, 2009 06:26PM
Posted by: Guimengo
How can I contact a HUMAN from the actual Bebo company on that website? I've tried reaching them 3 times now regarding a fake profile and the one automated response I got said my request was dismissed. Also, does Bebo have a parent company?
Re: *#%&@*$ Bebo
Date: August 12, 2009 07:23PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
Bebo the networking site that is used by 11-14 year old girls posing semi nude then report u for looking?

blah dont go on that site lol
Date: August 12, 2009 07:48PM
Posted by: EC83
Bebo's ultimate parent company is Time Warner, as of 18 months or so ago. AOL has been involved in looking after Bebo too, since it's been merged with Time Warner over that period, but it in turn is owned by Time Warner(100% as of last month).
I've tried contacting Bebo "representatives" in the past myself regarding various problems with that site, and it hasn't happened for me either.

I've found Bebo to be just a total car crash of a social networking site. I personally just wouldn't bother with it. Facebook, MySpace etc. thoroughly whoop it in every department.

Date: August 12, 2009 07:50PM
Posted by: Monza972
Gui, the sites Tagged and Bebo are the in a way the same thing as it uses the same system and the same type of interface. It's full of problems and due to them being a little companies, you're issues aren't going to be solved all that quickly. However, there is usually a Report sign or link on the profile somewhere so just click on that and see if that helps.
Date: August 12, 2009 07:51PM
Posted by: Nickv
I can't imagine he hasn't tried that yet.

Also kudos to Sheepy's reponse ;)
Date: August 12, 2009 08:07PM
Love Sheepy's response, and thanks guys (Y). I don't plan on using it but when trying to find out about Football Manager 2007 back in late 2007, I found a fake account on Bebo where someone took my info from the game and made one there and used a free translator to Portuguese where they botched it all and say horrible stuff about me and my preferences. I could think of a couple of names of people who'd have done it (for fun too, not hatred) but they'll never confess or take it down.

They had a ton of friends and comments and I've contacted Bebo but was ignored and I saw an article where someone took such thing to court and got it taken down. So I ask because I want to talk to someone who's involved in it where they'll see it's better to take it down than to ignore me.
Date: August 12, 2009 11:59PM
Posted by: Vader
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> and say horrible stuff about me and my
> preferences.
>

*GASP* Did they claim you were straight?

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: August 13, 2009 10:04AM
Posted by: Willb
Thats just plain mean Vader ;)!, And GUI, they might notice if somehow they were to suffer a DOS attack *lol*.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 10:05AM by Willb.
Date: August 13, 2009 11:26AM
Posted by: The Lopper
ROFLMAO @ Vader!!

/rant alert!

Bebo was awesome. It took off here in 2005 (I was on it from pretty much the start) and just about revolutionised everything for young people, and that's not really an exaggeration. It slowly developed and they started copying all the stuff Facebook had to make it better and to be quite honest it was brilliant, about a year ago the mix between Bebo and Facebook was perfect - apart from all the fake people that continuously add you, but hey, some of those were entertaining I guess

Then, for some reason, everyone stopped using Bebo and switched to Facebook. And Bebo died. It's now a ghost town. I still can't understand this. Facebook is grand, but it is nothing compared to what Bebo once was. Facebook is unnecessarily complicated, seems to be ridiculously unstable considering it's such a massive site (regularly crashes both IE and Firefox for me, as well as just plain weird crap happening), doesn't have the features that made Bebo entertaining like blogs, polls, quizzes, and is completely useless for bands, music etc (Bebo was actually a superb site for putting up a band page. I could never understand why bands in general continually persisted with the gigantic ball of time-consuming, head-wrecking shite that was myspace.)

Facebook is just a load of photos of drunk ex-teenagers who join random groups like "The group for people who like to drink milk after eating a packet of Fruit Gums" in a vain attempt to look cool and hip and relevant. Unfortunately, since Bebo died, I have to use it. And if Twitter ends up taking over from Facebook, then I will consign myself to the Stone Age. I couldn't live with myself if I ended up using THAT piece of crap regularly.

/rant over.
Date: August 13, 2009 12:57PM
I'll agree with the Facebook bit of that rant. I mean when it was the old facebook it was extremely better. You had more people on it and yet you still didn't feel a server load. However, now it's just too slow. And the groups, everyone's done that :p

Even our dear own Chet has his ;)
Date: August 13, 2009 01:35PM
Posted by: Zcott
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TWITTER!

It's great.

Date: August 13, 2009 11:17PM
Posted by: Willb
"Facebook is unnecessarily complicated, seems to be ridiculously unstable considering it's such a massive site (regularly crashes both IE and Firefox for me, as well as just plain weird crap happening), doesn't have the features that made Bebo entertaining like blogs, polls, quizzes"

Is this a joke? Im not a big facebook user but even i know theres a stupid amount of quizes you can do / make, and whats the "Wall" if its not a blog. ?

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: August 14, 2009 11:17AM
The wall is not a blog in the same way as Bebo had a blog. With Bebo you could write a big long article about whatever, post it to your blog and it stayed there forever, people could read and comment whenever they wanted Posting a blog on The Wall it gets shoved out fairly quickly by comments, your "what you're doing now" comments, photos uploaded etc. Bebo had a different section entirely devoted to comments which made it far easier to read.

Same thing for the quizzes. Post a quiz/poll about anything you want on Bebo, it's there forever, anyone can do it at anytime. Facebook does have these "Top 5" things bit which is probably the best thing going for it. Assuming of course, your computer doesn't start waving the white flag when you try and do one, as it does for mine at work.
Date: August 14, 2009 02:58PM
Posted by: Zcott
I believe work is for work, not for facebook. ;-)

Date: August 14, 2009 03:39PM
I do a lot of installing programs at work. That means a lot of waiting around doing nothing. Why else do you think I'm on here posting inane comments all day? ;)
Date: August 15, 2009 02:07AM
Posted by: Naboo
Sh!ts and giggles?

"Arguing on the internet is like taking part in the Special Olympics...Even if you win you're still retarded"
Date: August 16, 2009 04:35PM
Posted by: Enjoi
Facebook is the only one I use, I looked at Bebo but I didn't like the way it was customisable...

I'd go on to friends pages and they'd have say..a football team photo as their background making it almost impossible to read anything on their page and then after a couple of minutes some random RnB song starts singing about having sexual intercourse in a night time drinking venue from a singer who aparently tells people where to sit in Church.

Not saying Facebook's perfect though, it's quite funny reading some peoples status updates, you get some who will say something like "blah blah..has had the worst day ever!" and if you ask them whats wrong they say "oh I can't talk about it on facebook" :|. It used to be quite bad for getting asked to join random groups and applications but I don't really get anything from people now..

Ric Scott
Date: August 16, 2009 05:54PM
Join Restaurant City ;)
Date: August 16, 2009 06:50PM
Posted by: chet
then after a couple of minutes some random RnB song starts singing about having sexual intercourse in a night time drinking venue from a singer who aparently tells people where to sit in Church.

Hahaha!!!!!!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: August 16, 2009 07:12PM
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> then after a couple of minutes some random RnB
> song starts singing about having sexual
> intercourse in a night time drinking venue from a
> singer who aparently tells people where to sit in
> Church.
>
> Hahaha!!!!!!

It is true though. And Gui, join YoVille first ;)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy