Monty's back!

Posted by mortal 
Monty's back!
Date: July 24, 2009 12:19AM
Posted by: mortal

After disappearing for a few weeks, probably due to the new room being added on, Monty has re-appeared on the back verandah. I tried to pick him up but he got cranky and firmly attached himself to the railing, he wasn't having any of it.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Re: Monty's back!
Date: July 24, 2009 03:21AM
Posted by: Zcott
So your snake likes the back verandah, you say?

Date: July 24, 2009 07:27AM
Posted by: Guimengo
I appreciate the beauty of snakes but I don't find it nice when they're supporting themselves up like that. It's a kind of "stay away or you're being bitten, yo" !
Date: July 24, 2009 07:46AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
don't you hate when your snake doesn't do what you want it to do, even with a bit of handiwork
Date: July 24, 2009 07:55AM
Posted by: msater
All you Aussies are so lucky (in this way, I'm sure you could find a whole list of things you don't lke about Down Under). I've never seen a snake except from in a Zoo!

Order a giffgaff SIM from my link and get £5 credit, free!
Season 1 and Season 3 GPGSL World Champion!
Member of CTDP - Cars Tracks Development Program - 3D Carshaper
Date: July 24, 2009 08:22AM
Things I don't like Down-Under, hmmmmm, smart arse doctors would probably make the list. lol!
Very funny Mika, almost worth awarding a cat. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 08:23AM by mortal.
Date: July 24, 2009 08:25AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
personally i found zcott's funnier/better
Date: July 24, 2009 09:11AM
lol, I just got it. ;-) Bit slow today.

Date: July 24, 2009 09:41AM
Posted by: chet
So is that your pet or something??!! Puts my cat to shame, about 50 times over actually!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 24, 2009 09:58AM
No, it's not a pet, it just hangs around the verandah, or under the house. Sometimes Monty isn't sighted for a couple of weeks, then he surprises you by hanging down from the roof in front of the screen door or on the window-sill. The dogs go nuts when they see him, which isn't often as he's usually higher up than than they are. Once they caught him sunning on the pavers so I shooed them off and Monty disappeared into the garden. Nearly as thick as a coke can in the middle, about 1.8m at a guess. Harmless, although they will bite if you aggravate them. They eat field mice, rats, lizards, and small children. ;-)

Date: July 24, 2009 12:12PM
Posted by: Vader
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So is that your pet or something??!! Puts my cat
> to shame, about 50 times over actually!

Nah, don't say that. Snake and pussy get along with each other mighty fine. (queuing in behind zcott and mika).

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2009 12:24PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Nice photo of your snake standing erect out of the foliage like that. Speaking of children, keep them away from this thread. Snakes and pussies and back verandahs, it's a minefield in here...
Date: July 24, 2009 02:40PM
"There's snak ein my back verenda" somehow sounds ... fishy.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2009 02:42PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Whatever about sounding, it'll definitely smell fishy! XD
Date: July 24, 2009 03:01PM
Posted by: Nickv
How can there still be an Austrialian population with all these creatures that are trying to kill you?
Date: July 24, 2009 03:56PM
Yes, probably a lot exSTINGtion going on there.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2009 04:42PM
Posted by: senninho
Out of interest Mal, what kind of snake is he? Good pic btw - clearly it did happen ;)

Date: July 24, 2009 05:09PM
A one eyed trouser snake.

(Looks like a tigerpython)

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 24, 2009 05:37PM
Posted by: Guimengo
At that angle you could have used a katana to chop its head off and absorb its spirit to gain strength
Date: July 24, 2009 06:42PM
Posted by: senninho
Vader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A one eyed trouser snake.

Lol.

> (Looks like a tigerpython)

Cool, thanks! I do like snakes, which is mildly annoying when your wife is terrified of them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy