My Dell laptop's trying to kill me! (SOLVED!)

Posted by turkey_machine 
OK, ignoring all the inevitable jokes about how Dell are taking over my brains for the time being, my laptop has issues. Serious issues! ;)

The damn thing won't stop bleeping at startup. It beeps continuously until the boot process gets to the boot loader. BIOS show's nothing, Google's pointed me in the wrong places, since the laptop is basically functional save for a couple dodgy keys. What's weird is if I take the keyboard out, there's no beeping, but I can't use the laptop cos there's no keyboard. I don't have a USB one to connect up, a Memtest is not likely to throw anything serious up but I'm running one anyway, and I'm running out of options! Suggestions?

EDIT: Actually, Google did throw up one possibility. Could it be a stuck key that just won't go unstuck?

Sorted out now, computer's just having "issues". Perhaps it's that time of the month! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2009 02:24PM by turkey_machine.
Re: My Dell laptop's trying to kill me!
Date: July 02, 2009 01:35AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
My own diagnosis determined it's something to do with the keyboard, and one of the 4 arrow keys, but I cannot work out where in the key's build it's failed. Suggestions (again)?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

Date: July 02, 2009 11:17AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
sounds like a stuck key to me =D

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: July 02, 2009 11:50AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
if only we had turkey machine to tell us what's wrong
Date: July 02, 2009 12:46PM
Posted by: sasjag
lets hope it succeeds

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: July 02, 2009 01:14PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Share the love Sim. ;-)

Laptop's stopped throwing a fit every bootup. I think it was just having "issues".

Date: July 02, 2009 02:03PM
Posted by: The Lopper
PMS? ;)

I was going to suggest stuck key, but I can't fix computer issues, that'd be just wrong...
I think it was just its time of the month TBH! ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy