Logitech G25

Posted by Fincent 
Logitech G25
Date: July 01, 2009 06:14PM
Posted by: Fincent
Does anyone have one? If so, opinions! I ordered one and it arrived today :D but I've promised not to open it and get distracted before July 14th, which is when my first trimester finishes and I'm off for two weeks which is something I think may eventually kill me haha...

Oh and by the way, I'm currently using a Formula Force EX :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Logitech G25
Date: July 01, 2009 06:21PM
Posted by: The Lopper
I think it's great! It's all I need anyway. The real boffins will tell you there's better wheels out there, and I've no doubt that there are, but G25 is where it stops for me. That said, I don't use the gearshift, which in fairness feels as much like a gearstick as a paper-cup on a stick...
Date: July 02, 2009 07:54AM
Posted by: Peat
You never realise just HOW much better the G25 is than the majority of off-the-shelf wheels until you use it. Great bit of kit, congrats on a good purchase.

Of coure, there are now a few alternaties (such as the Porsche ones from Fanatec), but the G25 still holds its own well i feel.

Date: July 14, 2009 09:29AM
Right then, my exam is today! A single module at university is like an entire qualification at A-Level, it's intense lol. Pretty damn nervous about it but at least I know I can unwrap my G25 when I get home, haha! Absolutely cannot wait :)

What kind of settings do you use? I've read a lot on the internet that there's some things you should avoid or certain things you need to set to get maximum enjoyment out of the wheel. Any help appreciated :)

Circuit Thermalito

Date: July 14, 2009 11:56AM
Posted by: chet
I dont want to invade the thread, but whats a good price for a new and used G25? I am finding prices all over the place, £300 to £30 :s

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: July 14, 2009 12:10PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
£120-£150 Chet.

G25 is great except the shifter. That's just cheap plastic rubbish. But I don't even hook up the shifter, so I don't care about that anymore.

Other than Fanatec, you won't find a better general consumer wheel than the G25.

What kind of settings do you use?

Depends on the game. iRacing needs completely different settings to rFactor.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: July 15, 2009 02:40AM
I mostly use rFactor to be honest :) thats my main sim of choice and the one I spend the most time on. If I fancy a fun cruise then i'd load up Test Drive Unlimited. Apart from that, I dont really play any other driving games.

Tried the wheel before btw, after I got back in from uni. Must admit it's a lot more difficult with clutch and gearstick, even though I drive a car in real life haha! Took a while to get used to it at first but I think I'm gradually getting the hang of it, I'm just not sure if I've got the right settings or not :)

Circuit Thermalito

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy