Bullet points help (additional symbol help needed)

Posted by ralv585 
Bullet points help (additional symbol help needed)
Date: June 05, 2009 05:51PM
Posted by: ralv585
Hey guys, i'm kind of a noob web designer, learning as i go along, well my companies website is under construction, and i'm adding bits and pieces while the main design guys work away at the mainframe stuff..?

anyway, i'm trying to add bullet points to a page that i've made, i want like a disc to the left of each option, but don't know how.

When i add a line, it makes the options go down in a regular bullet point style.

i hope you understand what i mean, so by games, trailers, news, and past reviews, and i'd like to have a bullet point next to each on the left hand side.dditional

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2009 01:21PM by ralv585.
Re: Bullet points help
Date: June 05, 2009 08:35PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Either find the right (or corresponding) character in the character map and use that manually, or put each item in a different column of a table and just do bullet points normally for each cell.

H E L L O
Date: June 05, 2009 11:17PM
Posted by: Willb
You'd be better off using CSS to change the bullet point style, you will want something like this:

ul
{
list-style-type: disc
}

Hope this helps!

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 11:17PM by Willb.
Date: June 06, 2009 10:57AM
Posted by: senninho
If you don't want to delve into CSS, there is a vanilla html tag for it too: [www.w3schools.com]

Date: June 06, 2009 02:47PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Just to clarify, the CSS wouldn't work without the HTML <ul> tag. The CSS is used to modify the style of the bullet points.

[Website]
Date: June 07, 2009 12:02PM
Posted by: ralv585
thanks guys, i'll give it a go when i'm back in the office :)

Hey guys, i need your beautiful knowledge once again.

I'm trying to add a pop up google maps utility to the website, when i save the code into notepad or word, one of the symbols gets messed up.

i can't seem to replicate it on my keyboard, does anybody know what symbol this is?:

i can only copy and paste it, but would like to just use my keyboard to input it directly.

Google doesn't seem to know what it is

Thanks again :)

It's a square. :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy