Tired? Sleepy? Drink Nestle Milo!

Posted by danm 
Tired? Sleepy? Drink Nestle Milo!
Date: June 03, 2009 02:51PM
Posted by: danm
Went out last night to the Quick-E-Mart (literally named that!) as co-op, tescos whatnot were closed at 11:30pm.

In search of caffeine energy drinks or some coffee.

Found some simple £2 special offer nescafe and a next to it a weird green tin. 'Nestle Milo' is says. 'Strength and Energy'. I stopped at that, grabbed it, and took it home.

I had a big cup of this chocolate oddness, its a bit like crushed cocopops and pure sugar with bits of disolvey malteasers insides'. Really quite nice.

So, thinking it was malty I would nod off...

WRONG! This little drink, now I have done my research, is the hot chocco of Australia and New Zealand!

Better yet, coffee always makes me feel a bit blerrgghh and headachey if I try an all nighter, and thats during the best of times when I will only do about a 24 hour shift of coursework, I will be sleepy by 5am, around the 20 hour mark.

In comes Milo. The time has been around 31 hours now, and I am not a trounce tired as I would be.

God knows what is in this stuff, but I have tried all sorts of keep-me-awake tactics and this is by far the best.

Red Bull who?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: Tired? Sleepy? Drink Nestle Milo!
Date: June 03, 2009 03:02PM
Posted by: The Lopper
OR, you could take some MDMA...;)

Red Bull and Coke both work surprisingly well for me, while coffee just generally makes me queasy. But this stuff sounds delish!
Date: June 03, 2009 03:22PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
lol, milo. I always have a tin of it but never have any milk cos i'm too f'ing lazy to shop frequently enough to keep milk in date in my fridge

eating it raw saps all your saliva pronto
Date: June 03, 2009 06:05PM
Posted by: Monza972
I have this thing everyday and have been since i was a little kid. I love the chocolatey taste and light it is. If I'm bored I just take a spoon and start chomping down some of it. Mum gets annoyed and has to go and get another tin ;)
Date: June 03, 2009 06:09PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Nestlé, the same company that kills kids in Africa. No thanks. :(

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 03, 2009 07:24PM
lol, China, the same nation that made 90% of the plastic components in your pc that allowed you to read and reply that statement!

Date: June 03, 2009 07:32PM
Posted by: Sapo
Quick-E-Mart, ROFL!

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: June 04, 2009 10:35AM
Posted by: The Lopper
lol, China, the same nation that made 90% of the plastic components in your pc that allowed you to read and reply that statement!

Awesome touché!
Date: June 04, 2009 11:24AM
Posted by: Red_Bull
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Red Bull who?

What? Oh..

I find a mug of warm Milo sends me to sleep as opposed to keeping me awake...

Date: June 04, 2009 12:42PM
Posted by: torana_05
lol good old milo i love it. i have been having hot milo before bed the last couple of weeks and im having realy REALY strange dreams. Also try milo on ice cream its a taste sensation. just wait to you try vegemite it will blow you away lol

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2009 12:46PM by torana_05.
Date: June 04, 2009 01:55PM
Posted by: Red_Bull
torana_05 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lol good old milo i love it. i have been having
> hot milo before bed the last couple of weeks and
> im having realy REALY strange dreams. Also try
> milo on ice cream its a taste sensation. just wait
> to you try vegemite it will blow you away lol

vegemite on icecream? I dunno mate...

Date: June 04, 2009 02:30PM
funny you should mention the dreams factor!

not long after i posted this i felt a rapid Zzzz sleep time moment, and crashed out on my floor. i literally grabbed the pillows, couldnt be bothered to clear the books and paper piles on my bed, and dropped like a sinker.

weird thing was, I felt like id been out for hours, and in reality it was 9 minutes. seriously, 9 minutes and i felt wide awake after.

as for the dreams, from then on, i have been having power naps of 20 mins here and 30 mins there, but the hallucinatino factor is beginning.

for example, this morning i was wildly freaked out by jeans, as they were slung over my bed in such a way that looked like they belonged to an elegant, wise, pompous old english gent, crossed et all. on top of the jeans was a teddy bear, and from the corner of my eye, i had to keep peering round, because I thought this bear, with gentlemans legs, was infact my little brother hanging out in my room. got me panicky a good four times before i moved the bear.

Date: June 04, 2009 02:35PM
Posted by: casabonka
Milo on vanilla ice cream is the BEST!!!! But yeah Milo is a must have in every Aussie's cupboard - even more so than vegemite. (I think vegemite tastes like re-processed salty vomit myself)

mmm... might go make one now actually!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 04, 2009 02:58PM
Posted by: mortal
>
> for example, this morning i was wildly freaked out
> by jeans, as they were slung over my bed in such a
> way that looked like they belonged to an elegant,
> wise, pompous old english gent, crossed et all. on
> top of the jeans was a teddy bear, and from the
> corner of my eye, i had to keep peering round,
> because I thought this bear, with gentlemans legs,
> was infact my little brother hanging out in my
> room. got me panicky a good four times before i
> moved the bear.

Put down the crack pipe....back away from it slowly... ;)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 04, 2009 04:30PM
Posted by: Guimengo
oh my god, Dan, no words to describe that :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy