-------------------------------------------------------
> [www.dailymail.co.uk]-
> 1190034/Air-France-plane-drops-radar-en-route-Braz
> il-Paris-228-people-board.html
>
> Like LOST on TV!
>
> Surreal!

I wait for the day when I show my students stuff about WWII and they say "Wow, that's just like Medal of Honor for PC".

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Re: Missing Air France Jet - WTF!? :|
Date: June 01, 2009 10:14PM
Posted by: EC83
I just feel bad for the people on board :(

Date: June 01, 2009 10:32PM
Posted by: Monza972
Me too :(

I mean that's twice that it's happened to air france now. First the Concorde and now this. I hope everyone where ever they are, are alive and well. News reports say that a baby was on board too :(

On a side note, imagine if they've been transported to a different paradox which may have opened due to the lightning hitting the aircraft? :o
Date: June 01, 2009 10:44PM
Posted by: EC83
On a side note, imagine if they've been transported to a different paradox which may have opened due to the lightning hitting the aircraft?

Logic tells you it isn't possible, but still it's extremely strange when something like this happens. It's a Bermuda Triangle-type mystery at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2009 10:45PM by EC83.
Date: June 01, 2009 10:59PM
Posted by: mortal
Aliens.......just sayin'

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 01, 2009 11:16PM
Posted by: n00binio
the plane sent some information about a multiple system failure before it vanished. so i'd say it's only a matter of time till someone finds some pieces in the atlantic. :(
rip all you people on that plane.

on a side note, my parents fly to paris on wednesday and things like that don't make me feel comfortable

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: June 02, 2009 12:04AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Damm this is bad news, sympathies go to the families of those on board :(

On a different note, I remember watching Final Destination before a long haul flight to Brazil

Now that beginning sequence screwed me up big style, and I've never been scared of flying before or since, just that one flight

Just don't watch Final Destination if your afraid of flying pretty much

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 02, 2009 12:48AM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> Damm this is bad news, sympathies go to the
> families of those on board :(
>
> On a different note, I remember watching Final
> Destination before a long haul flight to Brazil
>
> Now that beginning sequence screwed me up big
> style, and I've never been scared of flying before
> or since, just that one flight
>
> Just don't watch Final Destination if your afraid
> of flying pretty much

Very sad news :(
It's scary that even in this day and age, when you see modern air traffic control rooms and such sophisticated equipment, a plane can go missing just like that.

Thanks for the heads up Ferrari2007, won't be watching Final Destination anytime soon, I'm not too fond of flying.
Date: June 02, 2009 12:52AM
Posted by: danm
i introduced the tv show lost to my gf, she watched the first four episodes the night before we went on holiday for the first time. :P

still, very weird scenario this is, you'd think they would install some sort of satellite/indestructable/waterproof tracker to pinpoint exactly where it is if it went down.

as for the bermuda triangle, its a bit of a hype. it is one of the busiest and weather prone zones of international shipping, and thus there is no wonder a lot of ships and planes go down there, tenfold over somewhere less busym but they get zero hype.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 02, 2009 12:55AM
Posted by: ralv585
The thing is, these planes are not that modern anymore, they are all around 10-15 years old these things are bound to happen.

rip to all

Date: June 02, 2009 05:22AM
Posted by: Rodrigo007
TAM pilots reported strange luminous focuses over the sea some time after that, they said it was most likely something in fire. The rescue airplanes are moving to the area right now.

there were in most French and Brazilians but more than 25 different countries in ppl terms.

It seems Felipe will be using a helmet with black list again, same thing happened in Nurburgring 07 for the very same airplane crash reason.
Date: June 02, 2009 11:51AM
Posted by: The Lopper
I just heard that a plane had gone down over the Atlantic and that three Irish people were on board, and had a major heart-attack, cause two of my best friends were flying out to America that morning. Thankfully I later heard it was a Brazil-France flight. Seems to have hit a tropical storm, they'll have trouble finding it out in the ocean, pretty awful. :(
Date: June 02, 2009 12:10PM
Posted by: mortal
Here's an interesting development, a British woman has called her husbands mobile, he was on the flight, and 24 hours later it still rings unanswered.
Link to the news item. [newsbizarre.com]
How is it possible for a phone to ring, much less pick up a signal from the sea floor?
Reminds me of a story about a woman who saw the WTC collapse on tv and rang her husband who had an office on the upper floors. "You're Alive! Thanks God!" "Of course I'm alive, I'm sitting in my office." Divorce pending, he was bonking his secretary in a hotel somewhere in NYC!

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: June 02, 2009 01:02PM
Posted by: Nickv
Very sad news indeed.

This shouldn't make you afraid of flying though. Flying is still by far the safest mode of transport, even safer than cars. Also in a western plane, the chances of survival when a plane crashes is 95%.

Flying isn't dangerous, it's only as dangerous as walking in a busy city, which isn't very dangerous. You can get hit by a lorry then too.
Date: June 02, 2009 01:13PM
Posted by: Brett Sinclair
The safest thing is... STAY HOME,PLAY GRANDPRIXGAMES AND CHAT ON THIS FORUM!!! ;););)

My condolences to all the relatives and family's of the people who are lost in the air crash.

GPGSL-3: VTR Driver, S4~S11 (2nd, 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3th, 4th, 3th, 2nd)(Constructorstitel S7 & S9)
GPGSL-4: ONE Racing Driver, S8~S11 // TYRANT Racing Driver, S12:1st, S13:13th, S14:1st, S15:13th //
WREXHAM Motorsports Racing Driver S16: ?
Date: June 02, 2009 01:17PM
Posted by: gin
danm Wrote:
> [www.dailymail.co.uk]-
> 1190034/Air-France-plane-drops-radar-en-route-Braz
> il-Paris-228-people-board.html
>
> Like LOST on TV!
>
> Surreal!

Yes it is political correctness freaks these days. Until they find pieces of it and its passengers you cant say it crashed and burned....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 01:20PM by gin.
Date: June 02, 2009 02:24PM
Posted by: sasjag

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 04, 2009 06:37PM
Posted by: bigears
mortal Wrote:
> Reminds me of a story about a woman who saw the
> WTC collapse on tv and rang her husband who had an
> office on the upper floors. "You're Alive! Thanks
> God!" "Of course I'm alive, I'm sitting in my
> office." Divorce pending, he was bonking his
> secretary in a hotel somewhere in NYC!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did your birth certificate come with an apology letter from Durex?
Date: June 04, 2009 09:50PM
Posted by: Vader
Nickv Wrote:
> Flying isn't dangerous,

Indeed. Flying isn't dangerous at all. It's just the crashing you should be worried of.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy