Meeting Famous People/'Celebrities'

Posted by danm 
Re: Meeting Famous People/'Celebrities'
Date: June 01, 2009 11:35AM
Posted by: Nickv
I've never really met famous people, just seen some. Some F1 drivers, our royal family, some Dutch politicians and some people from Dutch TV who you probably don't know :P
Date: June 01, 2009 11:45AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
EC83 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha, yeah that's me! My hair's much longer now
> too, instead of short and spiky.
> I'd thought it was you as well but it was hard to
> be totally sure. Long time no speak man! Yeah I
> think I remember that specific incident too, still
> have no idea who the Coke bomb came from. :P

I think that was John that threw that coke :D Either way I remember having a bloody nose from it. :D

On the topic of who I've met from this forum, obviously EC83 (I just didnt know it), sasjag, zcott, MattB, nickovey, J i m, (who will be accompanying me to Le Mans next week) and when we're there we'll be meeting Morbid again. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 01, 2009 02:00PM
Posted by: danm
I've met Peat from here, we watched the 07' season opener at my uni house. Quite an intimate hour of the day, for a stranger.

Actually, I met him before then in a pub infact, whilst I was dressed as a cowboy and looking quite queer, hat, gay mans shirt and cow patterned chaps.

Then the second time it just happened to be in a gayish bar called Flares, full of cheese pop music and 30 year olds who still have take that/east 17 posters on their walls and for a reason I do not remember I had a curly blonde wig :|

True story.

What went wrong Petey-boy?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 01, 2009 02:19PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
I've never met any of you mongrels.

One day I'll traverse the UK and hunt down zcott and steal his copy of AIRFRAME, find dave and give him a haircut, find gav and give him a cheap PSU, find danm and blow him a kiss, find alex and take a photo of him, and last of all, but certainly not least, find chrisB and have a chat with his sister.

In good time, gentlemen.
Date: June 01, 2009 02:29PM
Posted by: gav
DaveEllis Wrote:
> On the topic of who I've met from this forum,
> obviously EC83 (I just didnt know it), sasjag,
> zcott, MattB, nickovey, J i m, (who will be
> accompanying me to Le Mans next week) and when
> we're there we'll be meeting Morbid again. :)

Hey bitch.
Date: June 01, 2009 02:38PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
gav Wrote:
> DaveEllis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > On the topic of who I've met from this forum,
> > obviously EC83 (I just didnt know it), sasjag,
> > zcott, MattB, nickovey, J i m, (who will be
> > accompanying me to Le Mans next week) and when
> > we're there we'll be meeting Morbid again. :)
>
> Hey bitch.

F**k you fat man. Yeah I've met Gav and Graham, Glyn, MatthewP (where the hell is he now?) as well of course. And Ian Woollam.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 01, 2009 05:47PM
Posted by: Peat
danm Wrote:

> What went wrong Petey-boy?

Well, my life went into a pretty rapid decline after meeting you Dan. I had to take a year out from everything and question whether or not everything i had ever experienced up to that point was real. You should never make the cross-over from GPG to real-life.

Date: June 01, 2009 07:03PM
Posted by: Enjoi
I can't remember meeting any famous people, but at Hockenheim '04 I was with a group of people outside the stadium and I decided to go in early, when they came to sit down they told me they bumped into the itv f1 crew (think it was ted, jim & martin)...I was gutted :P.

I managed to blag a press pass for Leeds festival last year so I was in the VIP area pretending to be a photographer, took a few drinks to pluck up the courage to get people together for photos but it was only people like the Automatic and Biffy Clyro, not massively famous! I was trying to get the Automatic together for a photo but didn't know who was in the band so I just took a photo of the lead singer and the other band members got pissed off lol. Alexa Chung was there too but I was with my girlfriend so I just pretended I wasnt interested in going over..

Haven't met anyone on here but talk about going to Silverstone with Dan quite a lot! I'm sure I'll see Matt B up walking in the Lakes some time too!

Ric Scott
Date: June 01, 2009 09:54PM
Posted by: EC83
DaveEllis Wrote:
> I think that was John that threw that coke :D
> Either way I remember having a bloody nose from
> it. :D

Heh, I'm inclined to agree there. Sounds like something John would do! :P
Those F1 get-togethers were awesome. :D

Well, from these forums the only regular I've met/known so far has been Dave. But there a number of members who I'd like to meet, based on their posts here.
I'm planning a trip down to Silverstone in July for the Renault meet, so hopefully I'll see any of you guys who are going :)

MikaHalpinen Wrote:
> I've never met any of you mongrels.

Really? Aren't you one of the Old Phorum crew as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2009 08:15AM by EC83.
Date: June 02, 2009 11:58AM
Posted by: The Lopper
I met Gabriel Byrne there recently, the guy who wasn't Keyser Soze in The Usual Suspects. Unbelievably sexy for a 60-year old, he was mobbed by middle-aged women. I was talking to him briefly, he said I had a nice shirt (I was wearing this kind of floral long sleeved shirt at the time) and I, kinda starstruck, replied with a pretty pompous "I know" :)

Other than that, I shook Dave Grohl's hand once and I've met quite a few rugby players, John Hayes (who lives near me), Denis Hickie, Paul O'Connell etc...

Oh yeah, and Cormac Battle, singer/guitarist in Kerbdog. Not exactly massively well known, but he should be! :L
Date: June 02, 2009 01:27PM
Posted by: gin
I was fortunate to meet many people in F1 and most people in GP2 few years ago and loads of upcoming people in lower formulas.

Wish I met Kimi though, I wonder how he is like in real life.

Date: June 02, 2009 09:29PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
ive met, robert Doornbos, David Coulthard. Mathrew Gilks (Crystal palace Goalkeeper), Shakey Stevens. Betty Linch (lass who owned rovers returned in corrie int he 90's), Daimon Hill, Buzz Aldrin (Astronaught who went to the moon), Dermot o'leray (Xfactor presentor), Kerri parker (page 3 model/ film star).
Date: June 02, 2009 10:08PM
Posted by: Guimengo
I've met a couple but it's very tough to compare with my dad, he was friends with siblings of Júnior (Flamengo/ Brazil player, whom I also met as a goalie), Zico (he met him briefly a few times), Tande (volleyball player), Bernardinho (Brazil volleyball coach) was a bench warmer in his team, skipping a few people, he met Dunga, Sócrates, Tony Hawk, and Kobe Bryant.
Date: June 02, 2009 10:14PM
Posted by: danm
Gui have you ever met Nanginihio Bambino La Fino Nino La Nina El Nino yet?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: June 02, 2009 10:36PM
Last Saturday ;)
Date: June 02, 2009 11:32PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
Allen McNish, Coulthard, Jenson button at honda charity day - i called his name really loud and he and everyone else looked at me ;)

Also met brazilian great Pele at book signing, managed to get handshake with him for UK BBC news channel but they wont give me the film :( bunch of co*ks!

Date: June 02, 2009 11:45PM
I tried shaking Patrick Ewing's hand (former NY Knicks basketball player), he made a fist and that thing was almost the size of my hand open :P
Date: June 02, 2009 11:53PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
I've very proud to say I've met our muzza!

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: June 03, 2009 02:54AM
Posted by: MattB
Enjoi Wrote:
I'm sure I'll
> see Matt B up walking in the Lakes some time too!

Pennine way this year mate ;-) Still think would be quite awesome to meet up for pint/racing event ;)

Date: June 03, 2009 03:17AM
Posted by: Lex
Mid 2003 I saw Montoya on a Petrobras 50 years anniversary event. He was supposed to do some donuts and burnouts with a Williams F1 car, but he managed to blow up the engine three minutes after he started. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy