Meeting Famous People/'Celebrities'

Posted by danm 
Meeting Famous People/'Celebrities'
Date: May 31, 2009 09:12PM
Posted by: danm
Just wondered if anyone here has met many 'newsmade' people, trying not to reuse the word 'celebrity'.

Before famous or after, anyone?

When I was really little, we had this really cool art show exhibition thing that was judged by Gary Glitter. I can't believe I won, and then Gary presented me with this £100 gift voucher.

I was touched.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Re: Meeting Famous People/'Celebrities'
Date: May 31, 2009 09:49PM
Posted by: Peat
Dan, get in touch with The Daily Mirror, i'm sure they'd be interested! Just spice it up a little.....:(

I cant really name too many interesting celebs i've met. All really minor really.

Motorsports wise though, i have met Niki Lauda, Jean Alesi, Nelson Piquet Snr & Jnr, Lewis Hamilton, Derek Warwick and as recently as a few weekends ago, Damon Hill. (His son races in the same karting championship as me bewtween FFord races)

Et Voila.

Date: May 31, 2009 10:11PM
Posted by: Muks_C
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I was touched.

you should report that, he might get some more years in prison.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 31, 2009 10:12PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Muks_C Wrote:
> danm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I was touched.
>
>
> you should report that, he might get some more
> years in prison.

Damn, I was just about to post something along those lines ;)
Date: May 31, 2009 10:15PM
Posted by: Monza972
Peat Wrote:
> Dan, get in touch with The Daily Mirror, i'm sure
> they'd be interested! Just spice it up a
> little.....:(
>
> I cant really name too many interesting celebs
> i've met. All really minor really.
>
> Motorsports wise though, i have met Niki Lauda,
> Jean Alesi, Nelson Piquet Snr & Jnr, Lewis
> Hamilton, Derek Warwick and as recently as a few
> weekends ago, Damon Hill. (His son races in the
> same karting championship as me bewtween FFord
> races)
>
> Et Voila.

Piquet Jnr eh? Are you sure he didn't crash into you or something ;)
Date: May 31, 2009 11:55PM
Posted by: Peat
As a matter of fact, HE DID! He drove into the back of my legs with a paddock cart at donington once... It was all because i was there to support my mate who was his championship rival in F3. We had 'comically' snubbed him earlier in the day by collecting everyone but his autograph at the signing session. Oh the games we play.....

Date: June 01, 2009 12:11AM
lol! i may be stating the obvious.. or maybe i made a really awful joke!

'tocuhed' in the sence, of a generous gesture at winning! oh my, what have i got myself into lol :S

Date: June 01, 2009 12:14AM
Posted by: Monza972
Funny you should create this thread today. I just saw that Guy who played Anil in Basil Brush walking into my corner shop.
Date: June 01, 2009 12:50AM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
I've seen Jo from S Club 7 a few times... hardly counts really though does it

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: June 01, 2009 02:08AM
haha monil! :P

thinking about it, ive been pretty lucky (arguably), or should I say fortunate (some cases) to experience meeting well known people.

I thank my little brother mostly, his physical disability has gotten us into places!

Off hand, $hit me, theres quite a few!

In 1994, we got to meet and open some random posh hotel in Hertfordshire with none other than Damon Hill!

We also had a drink and lunch at a Karting event with Johnny Herbert and David Couthard back in 1994.

Then in 1995 we got to go backstage of the pit garage and met Damon and Coulthard again, and on the way from the back of the pits stopped for a chat with some hairy bearded guy who is well known at williams, forgot who he was but would remember a pic! And a blonde woman Peat knows called Annie something, and patrick head had a chat with my brother and mum LOL! Something about 1992 when my brother fell out of his wheelchair (lol again!) and we got him checked out by Prof Sid Watkins!

For the non-F1 stuff, which kinda sucks LOL I remember my brother going on Playdays, and we met Dave Benson Philips (absolute legend!). I refused the offer to go on, too shy haha, but my brother is on 2 episodes that my friends' remind me he was on as recently as a year ago! Why they are watching tv at 7am is weird. Why they are watching playdays is weirder. But also, why show a tv episode that dates from whatever it was, 1996? LOL!

Infact my little brother gets all sorts. If you guys look at the bbc f1 coverage from the British grand prix 1992 buildup pre-race, he is on there in a clip chatting and having a jolly with nigel mansell for aout 5-10 seconds.

He was also on (yawn!) some kids tv show in early 2000s with some blonde presenter, where he had to do challenges in a sci-fi spaceship thing, but his team lost, and he got 'gassed' in some chamber for losing lmfao.

also met some space shuttle pilot at cape kennedy, which is quite unusual as there aren't that many in the world!

met tony blackburn (man his hair LOL), noel edmonds and mr blobby at silverstone 1995. The blackburn, lol, another legend! :D

a variety of 'z list' celebs come to visit uni, not always 'meet them' though, but my bro sent me pics of him having a pint of guiness with the lead singer of wheatus, very odd man he is.

and theres a youtube video, allegedly, he hasn't sent me it thorugh shame, of him getting at stafford uni and taking his trousers off on stage in some whoreish uni challenge with that bimbo skank ashlyne from big brother a few years ago. i think he flashed her being drunk, and the gist is i think she wasnt suspecting anything as he is only a shade over 5 foot tall, but..well, apparantly the video of her reaction is priceless.

Date: June 01, 2009 02:39AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Too many drivers to count, since I did the Daytona 24. But the highlights are Allan McNish, Dan Wheldon, a whole bunch of NASCAR drivers and of course the Franchitti brothers.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 01, 2009 02:41AM
Posted by: EC83
LMAO Dan, that Gary Glitter story is gold!

Motorsport-wise, I met some of the BTCC drivers when I went to Knockhill in 1998 and 1999. Meeting Rickard Rydell was the highlight there, he's a geniunely nice guy.

Otherwise, I met Sandi Thom when she came to Dundee a few months back. I've also met Edith Bowman a couple of times.

Ferrari2007 Wrote:
> I've seen Jo from S Club 7 a few times... hardly
> counts really though does it

I'd say not really - especially after her downright disgraceful behaviour on Celeb Big Brother.

Peat Wrote:
> As a matter of fact, HE DID! He drove into the
> back of my legs with a paddock cart at donington
> once... It was all because i was there to support
> my mate who was his championship rival in F3.

That guy is such a cock! Hope you got him back for it somehow.

Date: June 01, 2009 02:48AM
Are you Dundonian EC83? I am.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 01, 2009 03:00AM
I am indeed Dundonian, and if you're the same Dave I believe we were also in(almost) the same year at the same secondary school.

Date: June 01, 2009 03:03AM
Long hair, beard. Now living in Arbroath. Harris?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 01, 2009 03:12AM
Harris, yep! I stayed on for an extra(7th) year because a loophole allowed me to.
Think I invited you and some other mates over to watch GPs at mine(Melbourne 2002, USA 2002, Malaysia 2003)?

Date: June 01, 2009 03:16AM
Eddie?! haha, thats weird. Yeah I remember those GPs. I remember getting a can of coke to the face in the dark too. :D

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: June 01, 2009 03:18AM
Posted by: MattB
Ive met Dave Ellis. He's very understated.

Date: June 01, 2009 03:24AM
Haha, yeah that's me! My hair's much longer now too, instead of short and spiky.
I'd thought it was you as well but it was hard to be totally sure. Long time no speak man! Yeah I think I remember that specific incident too, still have no idea who the Coke bomb came from. :P

Date: June 01, 2009 07:35AM
Posted by: mortal
I've met Vader.:-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy