The BNP

Posted by Covfan 
The BNP
Date: May 18, 2009 01:42PM
Posted by: Covfan
[www.guardian.co.uk]

Spot on imo

The European elections are near and after certain "scandals" involving politicians in the UK people have expressed an interest in supporting the BNP and voting for them in the elections.

If this happens it will be a national disaster, these people threaten the very fabric of a multicultural society. If we let the racists have any sort of power then we have let everyone down.

Don't vote for the BNP!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2009 10:02AM by mortal.
Re: The BNP
Date: May 18, 2009 02:28PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
I absolutely would not vote for the BNP, but the ineptitude of the mainstream political parties is the cause of this situation.
If labour weren't doing such a crap job on most fronts, MPs weren't being seen to line their pockets, and all the parties weren't spouting such similar waffle, whilst not dealing properly with issues that are bothering people (like the recession, immigration and education) then maybe people wouldn't decide to abstain/lodge protest votes?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 02:31PM by salvasirignano.
Date: May 18, 2009 02:43PM
Posted by: Covfan
Because it'd be 10 times worse under the BNP
Date: May 18, 2009 04:29PM
Posted by: Guimengo
In France it happened a few years ago that they voted for a horrible guy and took another guy for granted as moving on the rounds in the election. Well, the other guy didn't get thru and the French were stuck between a horrible person (and bad candidate), and a bad candidate.
Date: May 18, 2009 08:19PM
Posted by: Red Sam
BNP Councillors across the country are renouned for their stupidity and failure to represent the people who live where they represent (white or otherwise)

With regard to MPs - look at the individual, not the party, because to be honest, all the parties are implicated in this one.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 18, 2009 08:27PM
Posted by: EC83
I would never vote for those deranged fanatics under any circumstances, and if they ever were elected to power in the UK I'd emigrate immediately, probably to the USA.

Salva, you've hit the nail on the head RE the political climate. The increasingly severe recession, immigrants coming in and being offered better jobs/conditions than some British citizens, the taxpayers' money scandal etc - all these things will help turn public opinion away from Labour and even away from the other main parties if they're not careful. It's funny - and sad too - how seemingly many members of the public can be swayed, in hard times, to vote for any party that offers "a solution", no matter how screwed up that party and "solution" are. It's scary stuff.

Now is the time for the public to keep the faith, even if they feel it's misplaced, and vote for one of the 3 main parties, not for the BNP.

And Gui, I remember the France thing well. Le Pen.

Date: May 19, 2009 12:52PM
Posted by: gin
Politicians are all the same, old farts that do nothing.

Date: May 19, 2009 04:48PM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
On a slightly unrelated note

H E L L O
Date: May 19, 2009 05:37PM
Posted by: Incident 2k9
I HATE THE BNP!

Sorry for caps, but I can't believe they have the cheek to say 'Wanting Immigrants out is not racism, its common sense'

It is not common sense. It is a human right to emigrate whatever country you wish.

The BNP are just radical Conservatives. I hate both parties.
Date: May 19, 2009 05:52PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Incident 2k9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is not common sense. It is a human right to
> emigrate whatever country you wish.

Hmm is it also a human right to expect the people of that country to pay for your healthcare, food and living arrangements whilst you do naff all?
Obviously this isn't true in a vast majority of cases, but it is for some.

I'm intrigued, what's your position on the human rights of that Romanian immigrant who battered and raped a woman in a train station with the intention of going to prison to live, because he learned from his incarcerated brother how cushy they are?
Would deporting him violate his human rights? What of his victim's?
Date: May 19, 2009 07:01PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Good points salvas. Take two cases:

Case A is a Eastern European person from a member country of the EU. He came to Ireland (or wherever) to work, but realised that the dole is so much here that he will never have to work. So, in effect, the government pays him to sit on his arse all day, and pays him handsomely as well.

Case B is a Nigerian woman who has fled to Ireland to protect her daughter from female circumcision in her homeland. Her first daughter died after bleeding to death from the operation, a procedure which her husband and his family strongly advocate for cultural reasons.

Guess who we deport.
Date: May 19, 2009 07:46PM
Posted by: gin
Uk is way too soft on immigrants thats for sure, especially arabs, you build mosques for them and they in turn preach death to europeans in there and go jihad on you. Or what about that muslim dentist on NHS who refused to see woman of any race unless they wear that stupid gown thing that arabs wear.

And I pay money to support parasites like that ugh :-/ heh dont get me started

Wouldnt vote for BNP though, they have some right ideas but are too looney to vote for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 07:48PM by gin.
Date: May 19, 2009 08:00PM
Uk is way too soft on immigrants thats for sure, especially arabs, you build mosques for them and they in turn preach death to europeans in there and go jihad on you.

That's an awful generalised comment to make.

Or what about that muslim dentist on NHS who refused to see woman of any race unless they wear that stupid gown thing that arabs wear.

This isn't. I have no problem with different nationalities trying to preserve their culture, but when you're in my country, it's my culture, get used to it or get the hell out.
Date: May 19, 2009 08:02PM
Posted by: Muks_C
The Lopper Wrote:
> Good points salvas. Take two cases:
>
> Case A is a Eastern European person from a member
> country of the EU. He came to Ireland (or
> wherever) to work, but realised that the dole is
> so much here that he will never have to work. So,
> in effect, the government pays him to sit on his
> arse all day, and pays him handsomely as well.

>
> Case B is a Nigerian woman who has fled to Ireland
> to protect her daughter from female circumcision
> in her homeland. Her first daughter died after
> bleeding to death from the operation, a procedure
> which her husband and his family strongly advocate
> for cultural reasons.
>
> Guess who we deport.

the bit in bold sounds like a lot of people who were born here too, this behaviour is not exclusive to immigrants. the BNP would be better attacking the work-shy, rather than immigrants, as the vast majority of immigrants come here for the right reasons (i.e. they can work hard and earn more money and have a better life than they could in their home country).

anyone contributing to the UK economy by working should be welcome.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 19, 2009 08:09PM
Oh aye, totally true Muks, they guys living behind our house in college all dropped out about 6 years ago when they decided that it was more lucrative to do nothing and draw the dole, all local guys. In fairness, the dole in Ireland is far, far too high, and it has become the case that some immigrants come purely for one reason. I was talking to a Pole recently who insisted he was earning more on the dole here than his teacher daughter was in Poland. It is a ridiculous situation.
Date: May 19, 2009 08:15PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
B

While I don't agree on some aspects of immigration I can say I will never vote for the BNP, I could be seen as racist for some of my views, for example I hate the way that Arab religious fanatics preach hatred on our streets when they are living of this country, but I know that you can't tar everyone with the same brush and that their views are not representative of a whole religions. This comes more from my dislike of religion than for any race.

I was talking with a friend today about this and apparently the BNPs policy is pretty much apartheid, segregation of education and all that stuff, which in these times is completely disgraceful.

At this time there's no chance of the BNP being elected but circumstances can always change

One thing to mention is the upcoming European elections, apparently the funds that the BNP could raise if elected into the European parliament is around £250000 per seat, I seriously suggest people don't vote BNP.

Edit: Misses out a word... FAIL

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 08:17PM by Ferrari2007.
Date: May 19, 2009 08:37PM
One thing to mention is the upcoming European elections, apparently the funds that the BNP could raise if elected into the European parliament is around £250000 per seat, I seriously suggest people don't vote BNP.

Which is why I'm voting Green in the European elections rather than Sinn Féin. The European elections present an interesting conundrum in that if I vote for a party I support in Ireland in the EU elections, (I'm Fine Gael), they are part of the biggest party in Europe, the European Democrats, and the man I help send to Europe will go off and agree to a whole load of European ideas I don't want and never tell me about. So I have to vote for fringers who will do nothing. MEPs are a disaster in this country, other than the money received from the EU for roads and such-like.

As for the BNP, I have never fully understood fascism the way it is applied by modern groups. To my mind, there are a few good ideas in far-right politics, but the groups always seem to fall into the path of racism and milatantism and other utterly deplorable ideologies.
Date: May 20, 2009 07:34PM
Posted by: harjinator
i just ignore it all - am not registered to vote, and never ever will be. democracy, in my opinion, doesn't work. All politicians are the same, so it doesn't matter who you vote for. the Royal family needs to go too, purely for being a complete waste of space...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: May 21, 2009 01:49AM
Posted by: Red Sam
I am an aspiring politician.

I am not the same as many of my colleagues.

Many of my colleagues in Parliament need to apologise for the way they have acted.

Equally, many of my colleagues are entirely honorable - although you will never read about them in the newspaper.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: May 21, 2009 09:34AM
Posted by: Nickv
harjinator schreef:
> i just ignore it all - am not registered to vote,
> and never ever will be. democracy, in my opinion,
> doesn't work. All politicians are the same, so it
> doesn't matter who you vote for. the Royal family
> needs to go too, purely for being a complete waste
> of space...

I'm so interested in the solutions of this kind of generalising people. Everything is bad, according to them. But none of them offers a solution. What would be a better system to use then to replace democracy?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy