Possible dead PSU

Posted by MrMan 
Possible dead PSU
Date: April 26, 2009 05:01PM
Posted by: MrMan
My PSU for all intents and purposes seems dead, there is absolutely no activity when I press the power button. Is there a way of proving that it is actually dead? The reason I ask this is because my lecturer needs proof that its actually broken and that I'm not making it up so I get an extension on my assignment.

Re: Possible dead PSU
Date: April 26, 2009 05:04PM
Posted by: gav
You could plug it into his PC. :P
Date: April 26, 2009 05:09PM
Haha, I suppose it'd prove it was dead, not sure he'd be pleased with that though.

He's suggested taking it down to PC World and getting them to certify that its actually broken. Could I just take the PSU and would they actually do it? I'd imagine they'd charge a small fortune though.

Date: April 26, 2009 09:16PM
Posted by: NickKK
Maybe find a mate with an old motherboard and try connecting it up. That's what I did after a PSU exploded during assembly!

Date: April 26, 2009 11:19PM
Posted by: Vader
Or simply buying a new PSU? Not that this is rocket science ...

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 27, 2009 03:37AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
or simply hitting it with a hammer and taking that in...

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: April 27, 2009 03:44PM
Wasn't as simple as buying a new PSU as I was requesting an extension for my assignment and he wanted proof that it was actually broken, would have had to fill in a mitigating circumstances form.

Doesn't matter anymore as there's now an extension for everyone on the assignment, wey!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy