1000fps video

Posted by gav 
1000fps video
Date: April 19, 2009 12:35PM
Posted by: gav
Something to make you go 'woah'. I think we've had high-speed photography here in the past, but here's some high-speed video, slowed right down.

[url=

]Vimeo | I-Movix SprintCam v3 NAB 2009 showreel[/url]

Put it on full-screen for best effect, or use FireFox and Free Download Manager to grab the .flv file on your PC (it's a higher resolution than the video is displayed on the site)
Re: 1000fps video
Date: April 19, 2009 01:34PM
Posted by: n00binio
woah ;)

awesome clip, the fireball was stunning

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: April 19, 2009 02:38PM
Mortal asked me about FreeDownloadManager, so I might as well copy my reply here:

Oh, the website ([www.freedownloadmanager.com] is down by the looks of it.

I've uploaded the latest version I have (later versions will probably be on the usual sites, like download.com).

Install it, and it installs an addon to Firefox, and when it senses a flash video on some websites (such as Youtube) a box will flash in the bottom-right corner of Firefox. Click it and it will let you download the video (the .flv). It will just save the video as a random filename or call it video.flv.

You then need a player to play .flv files. KMPlayer is my preferred media player (though the download forum is a bit confusing), but I guess VLC and the usual suspects will do it too.

For the record, it can't do anything about Youtube videos which contain DRM, which seems to be getting more frequent now.
:(
Date: April 19, 2009 08:55PM
Posted by: Glyn
The fireball and jelly were amazing. Anyone watch Harry Hill's TV burp with the jelly? ;)

Date: April 19, 2009 10:53PM
Posted by: salvasirignano
Woah, the green squishy thing was awesome. What a great vid :)
Date: April 19, 2009 11:40PM
Posted by: Slash
great vid, nice gav
Date: April 20, 2009 12:27AM
Posted by: mortal
Thanks for the help Gav, I already had FDM, but I downloaded the latest from your link anyway. I still couldn't get it to snaffle the vid but i got it with Orbit, forgot I had that as well. Downloading now. :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 20, 2009 01:12AM
Now I have sound and no vid in VLC, other files work fine. Not may day today. :-(

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 20, 2009 01:30AM
Posted by: n00binio
mortal schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not "may day" today. :-(

pun intended? ;)

used to be GPGSL's Nick Heidfeld
Date: April 20, 2009 02:20AM
nah....typo.

Date: April 20, 2009 10:49AM
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Now I have sound and no vid in VLC, other files
> work fine. Not may day today. :-(

I've no idea if VLC plays .flv videos or not - like I said, I use KMPlayer for my videos (which does play .flvs). I'm sure there are other .flv players out there too. :)

As for FDM not working with Fx, it might require the FlashGot addon too - I just presumed it used the FDM plugin that was installed when FDM was.
Date: April 20, 2009 01:26PM
KMPlayer is good. Nice vid. :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy