Guess who I had a nice little chat with?

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: Guess who I had a nice little chat with?
Date: April 01, 2009 11:19PM
Posted by: antihero
that kid really needs to change his agressive attitude

Bring back the racing
Date: April 02, 2009 03:12PM
Posted by: sasjag
tl;dr version kthx?

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 09, 2009 05:48PM
Posted by: Vandusk
Senna only on third place at the first LMS race. Let's see what Bruno will search this time for arguments, why he hadn't won the race. =P
Date: April 10, 2009 12:21AM
Posted by: Vader
I still don't have a clue who he had a nice little chat with and neither do I care.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: April 10, 2009 02:30AM
Posted by: Covfan
Even if he had a chat with Rutger Hauer?
Date: April 10, 2009 03:50PM
Posted by: The Lopper
Blade Runner??
Date: April 10, 2009 05:23PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Bruno referred to Rubens as Rubinho the other day when we talked, I was surprised! He did follow up with an adjective that isn't the best for Rubens but at least far better than in the past :P.
Date: April 11, 2009 08:55AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Senna only on third place at the first LMS race.

Well they are further behind than 3rd. They got beaten by 1 Aston Martin and the lead Pescarolo. At Le Mans there will be 3 Audis (plus 2 Kolles, but they suck), 4 Peugeots (3 works, 1 Pescarolo), 3 Aston Martins, and a Pescarolo to beat. If everything goes well then they are about 11th best in class.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 11, 2009 03:53PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Anybody willing to bet the Audis will walk it? :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 11, 2009 08:35PM
Posted by: chet
The 24hour?

Well, they shouldnt, if Peugeots can get their act together then they will give Audi a good run. Peugeot almost handed the victory to Audi. Though Audi were supreme, Mcnish again the one who springs to mind, you have to admit the addvantage of laptime Peugeot had, they should have won.

There are doubts over the legallity of the R15, god knows why though, imo again, like the diffuser situation Audi have followed the rules, but i think its all down to interpretation again.

If the R15 doesnt win, id be supprised. Its a long way off yet, and alot could happen inbetween but overal Audi have the complete package, and I guess thats what you need at le mans.

As for Senna would be nice to see how he adapts to this type of racing car. You could say Mcnish struggled in F1, but in sportscars he is God! This year could teach Senna alot about different things, he made the right decision to go for the LMS though. Another season in GP2 against sub-standard competion bar a few may been a wrong decision, what if he lost again?? And of course a year in DTM would have been a road to nowhere! He will hopefully learn a good lesson about traffic, knowing where the right places are to pass and how to lose the least time, then of course there is saving the car.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 12, 2009 08:27AM
The 24 is not about the lap time. It is about everything. Peugeot is still the same fragile car, the same medium class drivers (certainly none are anywhere near as good as the #2 Audi, which might be the greatest combo in Le Mans history) and the same team surrounding it.

The Audi is illegal if you read the regulations a certain way. But as pointed out by Mulsanne Mike, the R15s illegal front end is nothing more than an advanced version of what the Peugeot is running. If 1 is illegal, the other is too. And the ACOs regulations are flakey at best. IMSA even more so. Hell, the Peugeot has been illegal from day 1 as it has visible exhaust emissions from track side and on TV. That isn't allowed under ACO Regs.

McNish didn't struggle in F1. He was up against a team mate with almost a decades more experience. The Toyota bosses were simply too fast in blaming the drivers for what was a below average car. Both Salo and McNish did exceptionally well. McNish could have been a good F1 driver. But as it stands he is now one of the greatest sportscar racers of all time. I know which I'd choose.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2009 08:34AM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 12, 2009 12:29PM
Posted by: Monza972
Hm, I think it's a chance for both of the teams to win it this year. But it all depends on whether Peugeot get their car sorted and stop it from overheating and such which caused them to loose so much time last year. If they didn't have those, they might've won it. Although I think Audi's are just sheer force on Le Mans so it just might be their win again
Date: April 12, 2009 03:58PM
It overheated because the gunky rubber marbles from the wet track were sticking to the radiator. If they had done more wet running then it wouldn't have been an issue. Again it comes down to preparation ;-)

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy