video files puzzle

Posted by Anonymous User 
video files puzzle
Date: March 30, 2009 05:44PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
i record the grand prix, right, onto a dvd disc.

when i put this dvd in pc the movie files on explore CD are of the type.VOB. easy enough to get a player which plays these, VDL player for example, which I have.

But I want to put them on moviemaker to make a race review and season review and stuff and movie maker won't read .VOB files.

so i need to convert them to AVI files.

i have found a couple of programs which do this but they have a watermark on cause they're trial versions.

anyone know any other FREE ways to do this?

Muchos thankos
Re: video files puzzle
Date: March 30, 2009 06:48PM
Posted by: sasjag

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: March 30, 2009 08:04PM
Posted by: Muks_C
lol Sim.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 30, 2009 08:12PM
in all honesty - what??? :P
Date: March 31, 2009 01:49AM
Posted by: kizz
well if you look at the pictures a mini, a vauxhall nova and a license plate with dotorg on it

i have no idea what sim could possibly be talking about ;)
Date: March 31, 2009 02:37AM
Posted by: gary42
Obviously Loque has to go to Oregon, and seek out a Mini and a Nova spliced together, whereupon the driver of said hybrid car will either give him the next clue, or grant him access to infinite free software. Or something

Date: March 31, 2009 04:19AM
Posted by: ROBITUSSIN JR.
LOL very clever indeed.
Date: March 31, 2009 08:20PM
thanks.

ok but i can't use this VUZE thing which is a torrent downloading thing cause of some TCP port bollocks which makes no sense to me
Date: March 31, 2009 08:44PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Port forwarding on the router per chance? The ones you need should be here: [www.portforward.com]

Otherwise, DivX / Xvid plus VirtualDubMPEG2 might give you what you're after. Don't normally recommmend VDMPEG2, ordinarily I do AviSynth script opens DGIndex-generated file which is then loaded by VirtualDub (vanilla).

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 31, 2009 09:22PM
Posted by: Monza972
Right to do this, you need to download DVDx and from there you'll be able to change everything AVI using its VTS files. Make sure you get rid of the menu and things that you don't need before hand because coding it will be a pain otherwise.

DVDx - [www.labdv.com]

It's a bit annoying at first but reading the tutorial first will get you on your way straight away :)

Hope it helps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy