Re: Cadburys Dairy Milk Advert
Date: March 26, 2009 02:08AM
Posted by: gareth
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> in that sense, advertising is purely speculative,
> you hope that the money you spend on an
> advertising campaign improves your sales, but it
> is certainly not guaranteed, and is just a gamble.

As is anything in business. Why risk launching a product when it's a gamble whether it will successful or a failure?

The Cadbury advertising is not your traditional - here's the product, here's its features and benefits, and here's what it costs - campaign. It's not a comparitive campaign - 'here's my product and it's better than that product'.

The campaign is designed around brand awareness, and shifting the perception of the brand. They're positioning Cadbury as quirky, contemporary and a little offbeat. The fact it's being discussed here shows it's been effective in that aim. It's bringing Cadbury to 'front of mind' when thinking about chocolate, whether you decide to purchase Cadbury or not. Chances are you'll think of eyebrows or gorillas mext time you're in the choccies aisle at your supermarket.

What I find interesting though, is that the gorilla ad had gone viral and has been seen here in Aus on the net (or at least I have seen it). Watching TV last night, the ad came on but not with the Phil Collins song but with a very very famous Aussie song, trying to give the ad some resonance for a local but international market. Has it been transplanted anywhere else? Is there a Bruce Springsteen in the US for example? Is there a Japanese version?
Date: March 26, 2009 03:12AM
Posted by: EC83
I loved the Dairy Milk advert that came out about a year ago, with "Don't Stop Me Now" playing as all the airport vehicles left the garage and did a wacky race up the runway - for the simple reason I'm a huge fan of Queen, and loved to hear one of their hits being played during ad breaks. It had no effect on my inclination to buy Cadbury's products whatsoever :P

Date: March 26, 2009 03:17AM
Posted by: The Lopper

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Wonderbra spoofed the Gorilla ad and got in trouble for it. There's no sound to this vid, just play the Cadbury's ad; Try and play 'em both at exactly the same time. :P

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2009 10:32PM by The Lopper.
Date: March 30, 2009 05:37PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
i prefer the wonderbra advert :D
Date: March 30, 2009 08:40PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Sheepy was the body double for the gorilla in all the action shots :P
Date: March 31, 2009 02:01PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
it paid well :D
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy