Orange mobile network

Posted by sasjag 
Orange mobile network
Date: January 25, 2009 07:55PM
Posted by: sasjag
is it just me or is it really @#$%& lately? im constantly having people tell me that when they ring it goes straight to answerphone, it often takes 2 or 3 attempts for it to send a text, and teh icing on the cake is that at least twice a day it decides its not going to receive texts and then bundles them all to me at once. for example, i was just awoken by it receiving 7 consecutive text messages, 3 informing me of missed calls.

I ask because i dont know if its the Orange network, in which case i'll be borrowing a phone to yell at them, or my phone itself, in which case its a good excuse to get a new phone

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Re: Orange mobile network
Date: January 25, 2009 08:19PM
Posted by: Stan
Get an IPhone and all of your will be sorted ;)

Date: January 25, 2009 08:33PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
sasjag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> is it just me or is it really @#$%& lately? im
> constantly having people tell me that when they
> ring it goes straight to answerphone, it often
> takes 2 or 3 attempts for it to send a text, and
> teh icing on the cake is that at least twice a day
> it decides its not going to receive texts and then
> bundles them all to me at once. for example, i was
> just awoken by it receiving 7 consecutive text
> messages, 3 informing me of missed calls.
>
> I ask because i dont know if its the Orange
> network, in which case i'll be borrowing a phone
> to yell at them, or my phone itself, in which case
> its a good excuse to get a new phone

It's not just Orange Sim, Vodafone are a bit crap of late. My dad's on Orange, mum's on Vodafone PAYG, when he rings her sometimes it goes straight to voicemail, and my mum swears blind it didn't ring at all. So somethings up at the moment with the carriers. I also can't send texts all the time now (Vodafone), though it's only been this weekend it's happened.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: January 25, 2009 08:40PM
Posted by: sasjag
yeah my moms been having problems on Virgin this weekend, but mines been happening for about 2 months now :S

and i am considering an iPhone...but i still have 10months left on my £35 a month Orange contract so theres no point getting one atm, i will srsly consider a PAYG one when they;re unlocked though

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: January 25, 2009 08:45PM
Posted by: Monza972
O2 PAYG are fine for me right now as messages and everything go through. However, my parents are both on T-Mobile PAYG and their network strength and t-mobile messages are horrendous. Before it used to be a full strength bar now it barely reaches full strength. Plus they keep sending out those missed call text messages every now and then. By that i mean a missed call happened today and you get the message 2 days later.
Date: January 25, 2009 09:05PM
Posted by: Glyn
My works phone is on Orange and I always thought the signal quality was patchy. There are some places in Manchester where it actually dies completely. My own phone, which happens to be the same make and model always gets a full strength signal at home and at work, or near enough anyway on O2. I recently changed it to Vodaphone because O2 PAYG doesn't allow packet data and the quality has dived to something not much better than Orange.

Date: January 25, 2009 09:12PM
Posted by: bazza_racer
I've been having problems lately I thought it was just me. I'm on vodafone and had a samsung g600 which had an unfortunate meeting with some water..... so now using a Sony Ericsson C902, I'm hoping it was the phone more than anything else. I was having problems where I have people tell me they tried calling me and I'm sure they havn't, and a similar thing with the text messages, where I get 3 ro 4 all come through at once... :(
Date: January 25, 2009 10:16PM
Posted by: Sapo
Where I live (dunno for the rest of the world) T-mobile took over Orange. So one day I had no signal at all, but it turned out I manually had to change the network from Orange to T-mobile.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: January 26, 2009 12:50AM
Posted by: J-C
Orange is a disaster.
A couple years they were selling in spain those 20mb internet connections
at low price. But they actually didnt get that speed the users.
A lot less what they got, max 1mb on a good day ... and
when you asked to dischard the service you had to at least be on the service
for 6 months !!!. A friend of mine that lives over their told me that.

07 No Tsm Track Pack__GPGSL08 Mod__range">97 TeamArt
Tutorial how to compile a No Csm Mod
Date: January 26, 2009 09:38AM
Posted by: gav
Don't know about Spain, but you'll find companies in most countries selling an 'upto 20mb' type of package. Your standard UK 8mb connection is exactly the same.

Same goes with minimum contract length. You have to pay to terminate it early.
Date: January 26, 2009 10:11AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Orange suck. My account kept giving an error when i tried to top up (this is the days of scratch card top-ups), so i rung Orange support and they told me to phone a support number which cost money - which I couldn't do because my account was run try, hence my need to top up! That went round in circles for a week, until I told them to f**k off and I joined Tesco. Orange network coverage is crap too. No reception at home, no reception at work, no reception when i went to Donington. Orange blamed the locations, yet Tesco (o2 coverage) was fine everywhere.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy