Windows Media Player Folder Options

Posted by Fincent 
Windows Media Player Folder Options
Date: January 18, 2009 03:09AM
Posted by: Fincent
Hi there

Is there any way to tell Media Player to not add files from a specific folder to the library? All my music is at 192kbps but anything I want on my phone, I convert to 128kbps so it takes up less space. This means I have duplicates on my hard drive of the same song (just different qualities) so in my library, any songs that have been converted appear twice! Very annoying when you want to play an album through as you get the same song twice haha.

Any help appreciated :)

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Re: Windows Media Player Folder Options
Date: January 18, 2009 08:15PM
Posted by: Glyn
As far as I can tell it isn't possible to excuse directories from the library, but you can add directories. If you make sure the option is unticked that automatically adds files to your library when you double click on them and place your phone MP3s in a separate folder outside of My Music then it shouldn't pick them up.

Date: January 18, 2009 08:30PM
Posted by: Monza972
That's why I always use iTunes. *waits to get epically flamed ;)*
Date: January 18, 2009 09:53PM
Posted by: harjinator
if you delete them from library, and when importing files there's a box saying 'exclude files previously deleted' that could do the trick

make sure u only delete from media library, not from the PC!

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: January 19, 2009 12:44AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Monza972 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's why I always use iTunes. *waits to get
> epically flamed ;)*

BAN HIM TO THE DEPTHS OF HELL!

Besides, iTunes sucks, use Winamp! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: January 19, 2009 02:05AM
Posted by: Zcott
iTunes is truly horrible on a PC. On a Mac it's an entirely different story...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy