Windows 7

Posted by SpaceAce 
Re: Windows 7
Date: January 14, 2009 10:50PM
Posted by: mortal
Woah, that's a 2.4GB download, too big for me sadly. Maybe I can get it on a DVD somewhere. :-(

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 14, 2009 10:54PM
Posted by: gav
Move from a 3rd world country? ;-)
Date: January 14, 2009 11:27PM
Posted by: _tux_
3.3gb for x64 mortal ;-)
Date: January 14, 2009 11:40PM
Posted by: Monza972
2.4GB isn't that big nor is 3.3Gb. Esp. if you've got Download Accelerator Plus and 8MB Broadband :)
Date: January 14, 2009 11:41PM
That's even worse. I only have a 2gb account, and if I go over they charge like a wounded bull for it. Intertubes is expensive here. I've got ADSL but barely as I'm a fair distance from the exchange. Satellite costs a mint here too. My neighbour had to put in wireless, she was told by Telstra there was no ADSL connections available so she's down to 400MB, a month! We need another 20 million people, then it might be cheaper. I've got a computer here for repair, and the guy doesn't have his original OS disc, apparently he gave it to a mate so now he's screwed for a re-install, I thought to put 7 on it, maybe keep him going till August.

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: January 14, 2009 11:44PM
Posted by: Monza972
:o Australia's pretty costly!

AOL were going to give me a 40GB limit on my line but I requested that I get unlimited as thats the reason i'm with them for all these years. Et Voila!
Date: January 14, 2009 11:46PM
It's a lot better in the city. They should make it available on disc, like some of the updates.

Date: January 15, 2009 01:12AM
Been in touch with the bank, got a second mortgage, downloading now.....

Date: January 15, 2009 02:20AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
mortal i would have sent it to you!

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: January 15, 2009 03:20AM
I'll pause it, haven't got much anyway.

Date: January 15, 2009 03:28AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's even worse. I only have a 2gb account, and
> if I go over they charge like a wounded bull for
> it. Intertubes is expensive here. I've got ADSL
> but barely as I'm a fair distance from the
> exchange. Satellite costs a mint here too. My
> neighbour had to put in wireless, she was told by
> Telstra there was no ADSL connections available so
> she's down to 400MB, a month! We need another 20
> million people, then it might be cheaper.
I've got
> a computer here for repair, and the guy doesn't
> have his original OS disc, apparently he gave it
> to a mate so now he's screwed for a re-install, I
> thought to put 7 on it, maybe keep him going till
> August.

Nail on the head there. I just moved down to gosford from newcastle and they laughed at me when i asked if ADSL2+ was available there. Seemed an honest request to me!
Date: January 15, 2009 03:42AM
They laughed when I asked about ADSL2, "The exchange would have to be upgraded and we don't have plans to do that." was the response that I got. The amount of complaining I had to do was legendary just to get the phone line buried instead of strung along the fence and through the trees across the driveway. I said I want to bring a truck with an excavator on it into the driveway and the phone line goes from the boundary fence across the drive and wrapped around a bloody tree then across to the house! And that was the original Telstra installation! When I said I wanted ADSL they tried to fob me off by saying there were no connections at the exchange, and the phone line was too old blah blah, then they said your phone line is paired so I demanded they unpair it. I just rang them every day, kept fronting their office every time I was in town until they caved in.

Date: January 15, 2009 03:58AM
Posted by: SpaceAce
the price of ADSL and stuff here in Australia is a complete joke...
Its ridiculous

GPGSL WDC Season 4
Date: January 15, 2009 04:46AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
and then they're gonna filter it to smithereens! ;) wooooo! i can haz retard backward govt plz?

the sydney morning herald had article after article about telstra installations just like yours mortal, with wires dangling everywhere and in some cases masking-taped to the side of the house - all in rural areas of course. We now have a left leaning govt and the regional areas are still getting shat upon by telstra because it's not profitable to them.

I should stop, i get cranky otherwise ><
Date: January 15, 2009 04:49AM
I know what you mean. :-)

Date: January 15, 2009 09:38AM
Posted by: casabonka
Yeah its amazing the Central Coast (1 hr north of Sydney) doesnt even have ADSL 2 - complete joke.

Still amazes me that most 3rd world countries have faster internet than us!

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: January 16, 2009 06:58PM
Posted by: Glyn
If it's any consolation, here in the UK I live in the sticks, but only by 8 miles from the city (Manchester, so pretty big!!) and we can't better ADSL 8 Mbps. With the way the connections work here the exchange hasn't been unbundled so to get a decent package you need to pay upwards of £20-25 a month. In the city, you can get a decent ADSL2 package for £15.

On the upside we tend to get national upgrades of all the exchanges at once, which is how we went from 2 Mbps to 8 Mbps ADSL. I think the end of this year will be the next upgrading to ADSL2.

Date: January 16, 2009 07:25PM
Posted by: _tux_
Glyn Wrote:
> If it's any consolation, here in the UK I live in
> the sticks

wtf? no you don't! :P
Date: January 16, 2009 07:45PM
Posted by: airefresco
You´re all spoilt. We get a 1Mb line (supposed to be 3Mb, but´s 1Mb) for 39.99€ a month. And there´s no alternative, other than a satellite connection or Vodafone, which is rubbish my dad has that and gets an average download speed of 7kb/s.
Date: January 16, 2009 09:50PM
Posted by: Glyn
_tux_ Wrote:
> Glyn Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > If it's any consolation, here in the UK I live
> in
> > the sticks
>
> wtf? no you don't! :P

If you're talking living with sheep on your doorstep, then no :P But we're surrounded by moorland which is classed as the sticks - we just happen to have the A6 2 miles up the road which is kinda handy :)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy