Sack sores

Posted by gav 
Sack sores
Date: December 28, 2008 04:33PM
Posted by: gav
This bloke must have sores on his sack from where they rub his ankles.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

I mean.... @#$%&.

Some info courtesy of Wikipedia.

El Caminito del Rey (English: The King's little pathway) is a walkway or via ferrata, now fallen into disrepair, pinned along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in El Chorro, near Álora in Málaga, Spain. The name is often shortened to Camino del Rey.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2008 04:37PM by gav.
Re: Sack sores
Date: December 28, 2008 05:11PM
Posted by: Nickv
Yeah, quite horrifying. Even looking at it makes me sweat :P

[www.dumpert.nl]

A bit better quality.
Date: December 28, 2008 05:31PM
Posted by: Monza972
Oh god!

That bit looks so brittle and he's able to walk on it!
Date: December 28, 2008 06:15PM
Posted by: Guimengo
Amazing place!
Now, could also be a nice place for a first date .... ;)
Date: December 28, 2008 06:35PM
Posted by: _tux_
do you kill many of your first dates then gui?
Date: December 28, 2008 07:52PM
Axl Rose wrote a delightful love song, "I Used to Love Her but I Had to Kill Her". Very romantic, you should check it out!
Date: December 29, 2008 09:50AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
fook that

Date: December 29, 2008 10:40AM
Posted by: mortal
LOL :)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: December 29, 2008 01:02PM
Posted by: Peat
sod that for a game of soldiers....

Date: December 30, 2008 10:57AM
Posted by: J i m
Yes! I don't think I'd have much time for @#$%& about with a camera along there.

There's a thrill seeking part of me telling me to go there right now. But it's being quite comfortably over ruled by my common sense part.
Date: December 30, 2008 01:37PM
Posted by: Damas
Have you got a date then Gui? Do tell, this could end up with it's own thread!! ;)

Back on topic (sorry I digress...) I was watching that getting sweaty palms when he was walking along the metal bar and I've done some free climbing in my time too!! I was thinking "Jees, this is a little crazy" Then S*^t a brick there's some more nutters up there!! WOW. What a place!! What's it for though and where does it go? And the one thing I was thinking all the way through was "Who built it?!!" That must have taken bigger balls than it does now to walk it!!
Date: December 30, 2008 04:43PM
In 1901 it became obvious that workers at the hydroelectric power plants at Chorro Falls and Gaitanejo Falls needed a walkway to cross between the falls, to provide for transport of materials, and for the inspection and maintenance of the channel. Construction of the walkway took four years and it was finished in 1905.

In 1921 King Alfonso XIII crossed the walkway for the inauguration of the dam Conde del Guadalhorce and it became known by its present name.

In some places the walkway has collapsedThe walkway has now gone many years without maintenance, and is in a highly deteriorated and dangerous state. It is one meter (3 feet and 3 inches) in width, and is over 300 meters (984 feet) above the river. Nearly all of the path has no handrail. Some parts of the concrete walkway have completely collapsed and all that is remaining is the steel beam originally in place to hold it up and the wire that follows most of the path. One can latch onto a safety-wire to keep from falling. Several people have lost their lives on the walkway in recent years; after four people died in two accidents in 1999 and 2000[citation needed], the local government closed the entrances. However, many adventurous tourists still find their way onto the walkway to explore it.

OT: Damas, I've been in a successful, long-lasting relationship for just over 2 weeks now ;)!
Date: December 30, 2008 05:44PM
Posted by: Damas
Thanks for that :) It is indeed a fastinating place and I can't get over how old it is!! Can you imagine building it!! Amazing

Oh and great news Gui !! Good luck keeping the Lucky lady happy ;)
Date: December 30, 2008 07:09PM
On the wikipedia page there's a picture of the workers back in the day, it doesn't show much but it's a very nice image!

And thanks, things have been going well and are looking good. No need to worry about "happy" level ;).
Date: December 30, 2008 07:40PM
Posted by: Fincent
Damn, thats scary! I'm terrified of heights and just watching that video made me grip the desk quite tight...especially when he was walking over the parts where there's just a metal bar the width of his foot. Nuts! Huge nuts! :o

Circuit Thermalito

Liverpool Waterfront Circuit (WIP)
Date: December 30, 2008 07:42PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
He's more of a man than me. I think that's a little too much for me to take.

[Website]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy