PC + hi-fi speakers

Posted by abdelkader 
PC + hi-fi speakers
Date: October 03, 2008 03:40PM
Posted by: abdelkader
Hi there .

For a long time I have been using my PC along with my hi-fi speakers. The only thing I had to do was turning "AUX" mode in my hi-fi on.
A couple of days ago one of the hi-fi speakers broke down and now I can hear the sounds coming out only from my left speaker which makes stereo sound incomplete.

My question is: Is there a way I can swith PC sounds from stereo to mono, so that the sounds from both channels are transported to both speakers simultaneously. In this way I could hear complete mono sound in only one speaker, not hearing that some sounds are missing.

Sure, I know that it would be much easier to buy some cheap PC speakers but I have extremely little free space on my table and even such small things like PC speakers would be a pain in the @$$. It'd be good for me to keep my PC plugged to hi-fi

Re: PC + hi-fi speakers
Date: October 03, 2008 05:23PM
Posted by: NickKK
Most media players have an audio setting to switch between 5.1 stereo and mono. I'm not sure how this could be done globally though.

Date: October 03, 2008 08:11PM
Posted by: gav
It's dependant on the drivers for the sound card or sound chip, but it's usually in the Control Panel, somewhere under the sound settings.
Date: October 03, 2008 09:01PM
Yes, I have checked Control Panel but there were bars with which I could adjust only features and volume of the sound - not its quality (mono, stereo).

Date: October 04, 2008 03:57PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Control Panel >> Sounds and Audio Devices >> Advanced >> Laptop mono speakers. Does that work? (Can only find it in XP, don't have Vista.)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 04, 2008 11:26PM
turkey_machine Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Control Panel >> Sounds and Audio Devices >>
> Advanced >> Laptop mono speakers. Does that work?
> (Can only find it in XP, don't have Vista.)

It was the first thing I tried. No difference though

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy