What Mobile Thread

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: What Mobile Thread
Date: September 23, 2008 11:17AM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
well that samsung g600 is going back!! it randomly swtches itself off when it's trying to access the micro sd card, and vista doesn't recognise it when it's connected to the computer, so the phone software can't be updated with samsung's tool. no help or fixes from samsung, utter turd.

going to look at an iPhone now ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 23, 2009 12:15PM
Posted by: danm
hello boys and girls!

my pay monthly phone contract is up for renewal/upgrade soon.

currently i pay £27 squids einen monthen for 1200 credits (1 credit = 1mins/or 1 text) plus 300 free minutes to another mobile on the three network.

other than my brother, mum, dad and the odd coursemate when i dont see them/msn them, i only really use it to call the gf over the summer. and, as i live with her, i dont particularly use the phone more than a few hundred minutes a month to speak to my brother and parents. so right now, the 27 quid a month is a tad wasted.

therefore, i am looking for any advice you guys have, notably online retailers of mobiles, that offer some good deals.

i dont really care much for what mobile it is, as long as it works and does the job. i was looking to get an old school phone, but find a deal thats as low as possible, AND gets me a free large LCD/plasma thrown in.

i noticed orange did the magic number thing, where you choose two or three magic people who you can call for free. my dad is already on orange, so thats one. the gf would also change to orange, therefore free calls. this would mean i could get the lowest tarrif without worry.

so in conclusion, would anyone out there be able to offer good experience lists of decent online stores/current deals for an orange contract and a free hd screen>

theres a lot of crap out there with very bad reviews, shops not delivering the tvs etc.

the other alternative is to downgrade my current plan to 22 a month or less, and get the nokia e71 (which is sexual).

but a bog standard phone + HDTV is heaps better! :)

super thanks in advance!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 24, 2009 03:28AM
Posted by: sasjag
avoid orange at all costs

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 24, 2009 10:25AM
Posted by: mika19b
sasjag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> avoid orange at all costs

Why?

I am coming to the end of an 18 month contract with them (Dolphin package - 100 min's and unlimited text's) and have had no problem's at all :)

Only reason im leaving in the next couple of week's is because i want the T-Mobile G1 Google phone ;)
Date: February 24, 2009 02:05PM
Posted by: sasjag
because they have teh shittest coverage i have ever known! i regularly dont receive texts until 2/3hrs after they have been sent, have texts informing me of missed calls on a daily basis (even though no one rang me)

and their customer service is shite

i will admit that their bundles are good value though

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: February 24, 2009 03:29PM
Posted by: gav
Coverage is on par with most others (O2 excluded, who are even worse) up here, but I agree that their customer service and their support in general is very poor. The only plus-side is that I've not been to an Indian call centre.
Date: February 25, 2009 07:40AM
Posted by: mclarenaustralia
mika19b Wrote:
> sasjag Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > avoid orange at all costs
>
> Why?
>

Orange ran out of business here because there where so shite they charge too much and have crap phones.
Date: February 25, 2009 02:15PM
Posted by: chet
have texts informing me of missed calls on a daily basis (even though no one rang me)

On my old Nokia, which was on o2 this happened to me. It happened everytime I recieved a message from someone, i got another saying you missed a call from blahblah!

But yeah the coverage isnt great at all! o2 do offer quite a few good deals on pay monthly. for people who already own a phone and sim card their £20 a month deal is good, 600mins and unlimited texts.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 26, 2009 12:16PM
Posted by: assadof1
tbh i will recommend u WITH nokia 5320 xpressmusic i get few month ago and i didn't like it at the begning and i was tinking of selling it but after just few day i started to see some great things from this mobile

i don't know about the salary but here it's 225LYD for the new one and to know that the 1GBP=1.86LYD
that mean that u can offer it.

speed freak
Date: February 27, 2009 11:27PM
Posted by: MattB
gav Wrote:
> Coverage is on par with most others (O2 excluded,
> who are even worse) up here, but I agree that
> their customer service and their support in
> general is very poor. The only plus-side is that
> I've not been to an Indian call centre.

o2 is an odd one for me. Ive found generally, in town and things coverage is excellent, only time ive had problems is in more rural places.

Odd thing with their customer services, I recently got broadband from them and THEY entered my bank details in wrong, so the bill built up.
When I realised, it took an hour, and two attempts to get my details right with Direct debit and clear the balance with my card, they lost my details and seemed confused by my banks name (A&L) because it wouldn't fit in their space thing. Never found it so hard to give a company money! :\

Date: February 28, 2009 02:37AM
Posted by: Zcott
iPhone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy