MUSE live @ Rio de Janeiro!

Posted by Guimengo 
MUSE live @ Rio de Janeiro!
Date: July 29, 2008 08:59PM
Posted by: Guimengo
So I was watching tv on Saturday and there was an ad for a Muse concert here in Rio! I just bought my ticket (78 dollars ;)) and the concert is tomorrow night, I cannot believe it! :D

Hopefully Thursday I can write here saying how it went :)
Re: MUSE live @ Rio de Janeiro!
Date: July 29, 2008 09:17PM
Posted by: kizz
have fun, they are one of the best bands live :)
Date: July 29, 2008 09:40PM
Posted by: Monza972
Oh you lucky person! I have made a vow that in my lifetime i will go and see muse live once :D
Date: July 29, 2008 09:59PM
Posted by: LS.
They're also on at the V festival in August in the UK, wished i'd have known sooner :( only found out the other day, bah!

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2008 10:05PM by LS..
Date: July 29, 2008 10:56PM
I got quite lucky with them coming here, I had no idea. Last year when they played at Lolapallooza I missed them because I went away on a trip the day before! This time I came to Rio because of my grandma's death but she's already helping me out from above...
Date: July 29, 2008 11:19PM
They're on in Sau Paulo the day after, so if you can get over there..................... ;)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: July 29, 2008 11:51PM
5 hours driving, a few day by feet, awful city. No way ;)
Date: July 30, 2008 01:03AM
Posted by: Lex
Awful city my a... erm, I mean, have fun at the concert. ;)

Um dois três quatro cinco seis sete oito nove dez
Eins zwei drei vier fünf sechs sieben acht neun zehn
One two three four five six seven eight nine ten
Один два три четыре пять шесть семь восемь девять десять
Date: July 30, 2008 03:25AM
Posted by: Daniel Knott
Please kick matt bellamy in the balls for me.

H E L L O
Date: July 30, 2008 07:05PM
Posted by: broders
You're going to love it Gui :)

-=-=-=-=-=-
VT Driver
Broders
Date: July 30, 2008 10:47PM
Posted by: Peat
Lay one finger on Matt Bellamy and i will kill you!

Have fun, seen them twice now, fantastic performances!

Date: July 30, 2008 11:05PM
It's a small place, 2,200 people only. I just hope I am not too far from the stage, I only had 2 options for tickets: 1 being the VIP box (200 dollars), the other being "floor" but behind the VIP floor section and it cost me 80 bucks. The problem with ticket prices in Brazil is that students and elders pay half price and there are inumerous cases of people faking their IDs and documents, so prices are quite steep. I still hope that somehow I get to talk to Matt :P
Date: July 31, 2008 01:56PM
Posted by: Monza972
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's a small place, 2,200 people only. I just hope
> I am not too far from the stage, I only had 2
> options for tickets: 1 being the VIP box (200
> dollars), the other being "floor" but behind the
> VIP floor section and it cost me 80 bucks. The
> problem with ticket prices in Brazil is that
> students and elders pay half price and there are
> inumerous cases of people faking their IDs and
> documents, so prices are quite steep. I still hope
> that somehow I get to talk to Matt :P

Please do whatever to get to talk to him. It'll count as life experience :p
Date: July 31, 2008 11:57PM
Well the show was obviously awesome, I got there and the line to get in was rounding the street. I missed the intro show from some dude I don't care about ;), but it probably lasted just 25 minutes.

The whole time I was about 12m away from the stage, the place was 2 floors and the farthest you could be was probably 35m away from the stage, and I got around people so I actually had almost a centered view to the stage and everytime people were pushing and jumping, I made my way forward even more, I was just 2m away from the VIP section ;).

The problem with the location of the concert was the quality of the sound. Not enough amps/boxes around for the whole place and the crowd was singing the whole time and clapping (I'd say they only clapped properly during Starlight because they followed Matt ;)), and Blackout wasn't played - they played the HAARP set. I kept shouting for Bliss but they didn't hear me, and they ignored someone right in front of them with a Citizen Erased sign. Overall a very good show but Matt could learn a few things from Robbie Williams when it comes to dealing with the crowd! But Dominic was trying some words in Portuguese while Chris only came to the microphone to do his backup vocals. What surprised me was how much the crowd knew about Muse and they sang every song pretty much perfectly :-o.

I hope next time I get to see them play at some stadium! :)
Date: August 01, 2008 01:28AM
open aired venues are usually better, i imagine stadiums are better for the acoustics etc, but after seeing HAARP they have set a very high benchmark for live performances!

Didnt realise until the tickets were sold out that they were perfroming at the V Festival ahh well.

i'd rather see them when they are doing the full show rather than on with loads of other bands as with the constant switching of equpiment they somehow dont seem to recreate the usual sound.

Will have to watch out for the next album tour ( apparently Matt has said they are toying with the idea of having a full orchestra on the next album) which should be awesome!!

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 01, 2008 01:30AM
full orchestra is too much, they should keep it to how they are. Just add Bliss to the performances and play the piano intro but keep the guitar solo in the end ;)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">
Date: August 01, 2008 10:23AM
Guimengo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> full orchestra is too much, they should keep it to
> how they are.

I'll forward your comments on to Bellamy, i'm sure he'll appreciate the feed back ;)

LS's Tip of the week
Date: August 01, 2008 08:12PM
He better! ;)
I read on the paper today that the opening act guy was complaining that he got cut off in the middle of a song and still had one more to go to finish his set but it seems like the people who work for the band think they're above others, which is sad :(. Dominic loved Rio and was walking around the beach as well.
Date: August 01, 2008 08:15PM
Posted by: harjinator
i've read somewhere that Bellamy is very paranoid about interacting with the crowd, which is why he doesn't talk to them while onstage (much)

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: August 01, 2008 08:23PM
He barely said anything, was in the lines of hello, how you're feeling, good night, something that sounded like "I guess I won't be able to wank tomorrow" after bashing his guitar and piano, and the thank you in the end.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy