Just when you think it can't get any worse...

Posted by I was ZaZ 
Just when you think it can't get any worse...
Date: July 15, 2008 09:11PM
Posted by: I was ZaZ
my account gets broken :(

It keeps saying stuff like:
Incorrect key file for table './gpgforum51/phorum_users.MYI'; try to repair it: update phorum_users set date_last_active='1216148859', last_active_forum='4' where user_id=1880

Initially I thought the forum broke down (since 2 days ago), but when I removed my cookies it seemed it didn't.

HELP! :O
Re: Just when you think it can't get any worse...
Date: July 15, 2008 09:40PM
Posted by: Morbid
Start a PM conversation with one of the moderators. Mortal would probably be your man.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: July 15, 2008 09:44PM
Posted by: BAR#10
Hey I had the same problem, but with logging on the site, not actually logging in, if I recall correctly.
I kept refreshing for a while, and eventually it went back to normal.
Date: July 15, 2008 10:12PM
Posted by: Vader
Morbid Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Start a PM conversation with one of the
> moderators. Mortal would probably be your man.

Once he returns back home at his computer in 2 weeks. My advice would be to contact Stephan.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: July 15, 2008 11:00PM
Posted by: Monza972
BAR#10 Wrote:
> Hey I had the same problem, but with logging on
> the site, not actually logging in, if I recall
> correctly.
> I kept refreshing for a while, and eventually it
> went back to normal.

Yep same problem here, but went back to normal
Date: July 16, 2008 12:34AM
Posted by: n00binio
i had that problem too , i waited half an hour and it worked
Date: July 16, 2008 02:08AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I heard you got banned for excessive humour and offensively good quality posts.

Please post more one-line comments about the hilarious personal lives of junior members of the forum, followed up later on in the thread by a totally unoriginal image

For example:

[Person_1]:
Im drunk

[Person_2]:
LOL you're so funny, you're always drunk

[Person_1]:
Yeah but i have a gf

[Person_2]:
Only because you gell your hair now *insert picture received via msn conversation of Person_1 making a stupid pose to his webcam with slightly emo hairstyle*

[Person_1]:
LOL

-----

Follow these guidelines and your account wont be deleted. Infact, everyone will love you for your witty banter.

Call me old-fashioned, racist and gay, but I -however- prefer your usual style and hope it does not change.
Date: July 16, 2008 04:14AM
Posted by: Guimengo
bring back Lego sig!
Date: July 17, 2008 01:53AM
It was not LEGO it were ladybugs!!!!!
If you don't know the difference between a ladybug and some plastic, here's the difference:

Coccinellidae

Scientific classification
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Class: Insecta
Order: Coleoptera
Superfamily: Cucujoidea
Family: Coccinellidae
Latreille, 1807

Subfamilies
Chilocorinae
Coccidulinae
Coccinellinae
Epilachninae
Scymininae
Sticholotidinae
etc.

Coccinellidae is a family of beetles, known variously as ladybirds (British English, Australian English, South African English), ladybugs (North American English) or lady beetles (preferred by some scientists). The family name comes from its type genus, Coccinella. Coccinellids are found worldwide, with over 5,000 species described[1], more than 450 native to North America alone. Coccinellids are small insects, ranging from 1 mm to 10 mm (0.04 to 0.4 inches), and are commonly yellow, orange, or scarlet with small black spots on their wing covers, with black legs, head and antennae. A very large number of species are mostly or entirely black, gray, or brown and may be difficult for non-entomologists to recognize as coccinellids (and, conversely, there are many small beetles that are easily mistaken as such, like tortoise beetles).

Coccinellids are generally considered useful insects as many species feed on aphids or scale insects, which are pests in gardens, agricultural fields, orchards, and similar places. The Mall of America, for instance, releases thousands of ladybugs into its indoor park as a natural means of pest control for its gardens[2]. Some people consider seeing them or having them land on one's body to be a sign of good luck to come, and that killing them presages bad luck. A few species are pests in North America and Europe.

Biology

Coccinellids are typically predators of Hemiptera such as aphids and scale insects, though members of the subfamily Epilachninae are herbivores, and can be very destructive agricultural pests (e.g., the Mexican bean beetle). They are also known to eat certain plants and crops when no other food is present, making them a possible pest to farmers and gardeners. While they are often used as biological control agents, introduced species of ladybirds (such as Harmonia axyridis or Coccinella septempunctata in North America) can outcompete and displace native coccinellids, and become pests in their own right.

Coccinellids are often brightly colored to ward away potential predators. This defense works because most predators associate bright colors (especially orange and black or yellow and black) with poison and other unpleasant properties. This phenomenon is called aposematism. In fact, most coccinellids are indeed poisonous to smaller predators, such as lizards and small birds; however, a human would have to eat several hundred coccinellids before feeling any effects.[citation needed] Adult coccinellids are able to reflex-bleed hemolymph from their leg joints, releasing their oily yellow toxin with a strong repellent smell. This becomes quite obvious when one handles a coccinellid roughly.

Most coccinellids mate in spring or summer and the female lays a cluster of eggs (numbering from a few to a few hundred, depending on species) as near as possible to an aphid colony. In most species these eggs hatch into a larval state within a week. This state lasts 10–15 days, and they then go into a pupal stage before becoming an adult coccinellid. The entire life cycle of the Coccinellid is only 4–7 weeks. Most ladybird species are univoltine, producing only one generation a year, although some are bivoltine.

Coccinellids lay extra infertile eggs with the fertile eggs. These appear to provide a backup food source for the larvae when they hatch. The ratio of infertile to fertile eggs increases with scarcity of food at the time of egg laying.

Some species are migratory and form large aggregations during the migratory period. They also form large aggregations when they go into hibernation in Winter.

Habitats

Most coccinellids are beneficial to gardeners in general, as they feed on aphids, scale insects, mealybugs, and mites throughout the year. As in many insects, ladybirds in temperate regions enter diapause during the winter, so they often are among the first insects to appear in the spring. Some species (e.g., Hippodamia convergens) gather into groups and move to higher land, such as a mountain, to enter diapause. Predatory ladybirds are usually found on plants where aphids or scale insects are, and they lay their eggs near their prey, to increase the likelihood the larvae will find the prey easily. Ladybirds are cosmopolitan in distribution, as are their prey.

Coccinellids as household pests

Although native species of coccinellids are typically considered benign, in North America the Asian lady beetle (Harmonia axyridis), introduced in the twentieth century to control aphids on agricultural crops, has become a serious household pest in some regions owing to its habit of overwintering in structures. It is similarly acquiring a pest reputation in Europe, where it is called the "Multicoloured Asian Ladybird" (In Britain: "Harlequin Ladybird";).

Coccinellids in popular culture

Coccinellids are and have for very many years been favourite insects of children. The insects had many regional names (now mostly disused) such as the lady-cow, may-bug, golden-knop, golden-bugs (Suffolk); and variations on Bishop-Barnaby (Norfolk dialect) - (Barney, Burney) Barnabee, Burnabee, and the Bishop-that-burneth.

The ladybird is immortalised in the still-popular children's nursery rhyme Ladybird, Ladybird:“ Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home

Your house is on fire and your children are gone
All except one, and that's Little Anne
For she has crept under the warming pan. ”

Many variants exist, including one that seems ancient (recounted in an 1851 publication):“ Dowdy-cow, dowdy-cow, ride away heame,

Thy house is burnt, and thy bairns are tean,
And if thou means to save thy bairns
Take thy wings and flee away! ”

Here's are 2 ladybugs having sexual intercourse: (lesbian sex warning!!!)

And LEGO is an innocent plastic toy for small (and often young) people

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2008 01:54AM by I was ZaZ.
Date: July 17, 2008 05:30PM
Posted by: mortal
I see everything has returned to normal, with the expected quality of program we have come to expect lol :-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: July 19, 2008 12:37AM
mortal schreef:
> I see everything has returned to normal

Huh? my account still doesn't work
Date: July 19, 2008 07:05AM
Posted by: Guimengo
ZaZ, I said bring back the Lego sig meaning the Lego sig, not ladybug !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy