How old are your pc?

Posted by skyline86 
How old are your pc?
Date: June 29, 2008 05:57PM
Posted by: skyline86
My pc have 3 years old. I think i will buy a new pc next 2 year. How about you?
Re: How old are your pc?
Date: June 29, 2008 06:11PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
I have a 7 yr old desktop that'll probably see another year or 2's use, maybe as a server. My laptop's 1.5 yrs old and will probably be used for another 1.5 years. What I need is a new desktop, but AMD and Intel keep trying to 1-up each other, likewise ATI and NVIDIA! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: June 29, 2008 06:43PM
Posted by: Monza972
Mine is only 9 months old as I bought a new one in October with hefty upgrades :D. Although, I'm thinking of getting a Media Centre PC later this year and may just may get the new ATi Card. Hehehehe ;)
Date: June 29, 2008 06:57PM
Posted by: sasjag
i'm really due a new one, as mines @#$%& ancient

/me goes to put more coal in

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: June 29, 2008 08:28PM
Posted by: gav
I've not bought a whole PC since spring 2001. Ever since I've just upgraded it bit by bit. If you class a motherboard as a new PC then it would be March or so though.
Date: June 30, 2008 01:22AM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
My laptop is less than 4 months old. My PC - depends on the component. GFX - 2 1/2 years, Motherboard / CPU - 4 years. RAM - I don't actually know, I've lost track of what exactly is in there now.

[Website]
Date: June 30, 2008 06:14AM
Posted by: Briere
My current PC is 5 years old. I upgraded gfx card and RAM in 2005, and I changed HDD and power supply last winter. It's still in great shape :)
Date: June 30, 2008 08:20AM
Posted by: Guimengo
The first PC we got was in October 2000, a semi-decent PC back in the day. In June 2003 I got my laptop, which was what brought me to GPG as I searched the internet about GP4 and I finally could play it! I still have it to this day, Dell Inspiron 5100 very well taken care of. Then in May 2006 we got a sweet Dell XPS 600 PC, I finally could play games that looked good and could record footy games as it was a media center. This Christmas I received a Dell Vostro 1700 laptop which is now my main computer as I moved to my apartment this past Wednesday, as my dad and stepmom moved to a different state.
Date: June 30, 2008 09:53AM
Posted by: Sapo
Mine is from february 2006. Not the fastest notebook (toshiba satellite L100) in the world, but just a decent one. I can play most games I want to play on it (GP4 for example). Still satisfied with it, only lack of space (only 40 GB, running both XP and Ubuntu, and about 12 GB of music, so if i also want to install all the gp4 mods and trackpacks, I really have to buy some extra harddisk space.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: June 30, 2008 12:36PM
Posted by: harjinator
my PC is 4 months old, the linux PC is about 18 months old (and awaiting a new PSU) my laptop is about 3 years old (and falling apart) and my backup laptop is, wait for it, 11 years old (manufacturered in July 1997!) P166 MMX, with 32MB Ram and a 2 gig Hdd... ah the performance...

Team Japan Owner - GPGNC
Date: June 30, 2008 01:01PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
feb 2007.

added a HDD other than that its the same.

Date: June 30, 2008 02:15PM
Posted by: casabonka
Haha, my dads PC (my old one) was purchased in 02. The monitor, keyboard and PRINTER are still the original one from out 97 PC!!! haha

My notebook is F(*cked as its nearly 3 years old and the battery is GONE. if you bump the power cable out even after 5 hours it turns off... will one day spend the money on a new battery as its not too bad... or might just buy a new laptop around Xmas

2013 - Nando must come through..
Date: June 30, 2008 08:52PM
Posted by: DJSKYLINE
mine is 10 months old :)

Date: June 30, 2008 08:52PM
Posted by: jbnd05
casabonka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Haha, my dads PC (my old one) was purchased in 02.
> The monitor, keyboard and PRINTER are still the
> original one from out 97 PC!!! haha
>
> My notebook is F(*cked as its nearly 3 years old
> and the battery is GONE. if you bump the power
> cable out even after 5 hours it turns off... will
> one day spend the money on a new battery as its
> not too bad... or might just buy a new laptop
> around Xmas

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Do not buy HP people!

My old desktop is from ye olde 1998!

Date: June 30, 2008 08:59PM
Posted by: MattB
My processor, case, power supply and DVDRW drive are about 3 years old now, mobo and 1 one of the hard drives are about 2, other 2 drives and memory I bought last year. Graphics card is about a month or two old now.

Date: June 30, 2008 09:45PM
Posted by: gav
jbnd05 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have EXACTLY the same problem. Do not buy HP
> people!

You do realise all laptops do that, right? It's lithium ion batteries. You'll probably find your camera/phone/ass dildo/MP3 player/etc ones do the same over time. There's a massive market for laptop batteries for a reason. ;-)
Date: July 01, 2008 01:32AM
Posted by: MarcLister
My current PC will be three years old in October. Aaah bless. And to think I'm currently conceiving its baby brother! Oooh er. ;)
Date: July 03, 2008 01:16AM
Posted by: Paco
Mine's 3 years old, and I'll keep it for some time still, since I just bought a new monitor that should arrive in a few weeks.

I'm against sigpics
Date: July 03, 2008 10:15PM
Posted by: _tux_
the oldest component in my pc is 9 months old :o time for an upgrade!
Date: July 03, 2008 10:19PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I got mine the Christmas after I started sixth form.... so thats December 2000... :\

No upgrades.

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy