-------------------------------------------------------
> Muks_C Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
in.
>
> Absolutely. But let's be clear, it has to work
> both ways. People who don't believe mustn't look
> down upon people who do believe, something which
> is often conveniently forgotten by many.
>

that is true unfortunatly, those who dont belive often force there non-beliefs onto the believers, making themsevles just as bad.

i just believe that i am god, and you all should bow down to me. i just dont expect it to ever happen :(

Re: Just read this Book once!
Date: May 12, 2008 12:29PM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:04AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 12, 2008 11:18PM
Posted by: Muks_C
Ferrari_Fuhrer Wrote:

> Absolutely. But let's be clear, it has to work
> both ways. People who don't believe mustn't look
> down upon people who do believe, something which
> is often conveniently forgotten by many.

true, it has to work both ways. but in my experience, i find that the majority of the time it's religious people trying to force religion upon non-religious people, tyring to make them religious, or transfer to their religion, rather than a non-religious person going round telling religious people to stop believing.

take this thread as an example, it's a religious person telling people who follow other religions, and people who don't follow any religion, to read a book and believe/understand his religion. it's not a thread where an atheist is telling everyone to stop believing. i will give my opinion when asked about religion in general, but i won't start a thread, or go knocking on people's doors to tell them not to believe in God, that's the difference.

@ Jawwad, where is the proof of your opinion? there is no proof of my opinion, because it's my "opinion".

and why does life have to have a purpose? in my mind, we are all lucky to have been born, so we should make the most out of it, and then when we die, it's the end of story. we are not here to serve any higher purpose than to simply exist. we are no different to every other animal on the earth. why do religious people seem to think we are some higher being than every other animal? sure we may possess the most intelligence (lol) but the dinosaurs once ruled the earth, but then they died. no doubt one day humans will die out and another breed will rule the earth, and they may well be more intelligent than humans were, and they will believe that they were sent on a mission from God.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: May 12, 2008 11:43PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
My "higher purpose" is having a bloody good time.

I should think that a lot of people would agree with that, only since most of us on here will probably be working until we're 70 it's highly likely we'll lose 50 years of fun time and have bugger all to show for it anyway because the pension has been demolished and anything else you've earnt has been taxed away to line the pockets of politicians who hike tax almost as much as they hike their own pay packet.

Here is the most common point I would like to propose again:

If your god is a forgiving, loving etc god, then why is their such injustices in the world? Why is there such a huge divide between the 6 billion people on this planet?

I'm not forcing my view on anybody, I firmly believe and will always believe that every man makes his own chances, if you don't then you are welcome to the squallor it's quite likely you'll end up in.
Date: May 13, 2008 08:43AM
-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:04AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 13, 2008 09:16AM
Posted by: gareth
jawwad01 Wrote:
>
> Today...who is responsible for injustice?.....its
> so easy.......It is only man and not anyother
> creature that become so selfish,mean for the
> desires..true - you cannot ignore it.
>

Here's a thought.... out in the jungle rival groups of animals generally don't get along. Rival prides of lions for example have their own territories. If another pride enters their territory they will more often than not end up in a violent confrontation with the interlopers.

Are humans and their 'injustices' not merely acting on their own imprinted animal instincts? At the end of the day, conflict is replicated throughout the food chain upon we sit at the top. It's just that today we can do it with cruise missiles and road side bombs as opposed to teeth and claws, and we substitute 'religion' and 'influence' for 'hunting territory' and 'mating partners.'

And no need for anyone for say 'no offence', this is a great discussion and I think everyone's established that we are all talking and expressing our viewpoints calmly, respectfully and intelligently. There's hope for us all yet ;)
Date: May 13, 2008 09:22AM
Posted by: DaveEllis
God is the answer to why the sun went down before man knew the world was round.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 13, 2008 09:35AM
-

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:03AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 13, 2008 09:58AM
Who has knowledge?.....man?...right!!!....so He is says...man is the best of His creation and He tests him since Man has gift of Knowledge!

have you ever seen animals trying to carry out space exploration program? or any of sort.....

Animals and Man are differentiated with one very important thing....Knowledge!!!...

I don't understand what you are getting at here. A book written by MAN states that man is the superior of the creaters, this means that God exists?

Sorry if I missed the boat here, but "wat"?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 13, 2008 02:16PM
Posted by: danm
@jawwad01

Please can I ask your beliefs and views on the following please:

- Dinosaurs
- Evolution
- Survival of the Fittest
- Charles Darwin in general
- Pokemon

What is the Islamic perspective on these, do they believe in Dinosaurs?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2008 02:16PM by danm.
Date: May 14, 2008 01:23AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Dan, I can setup part of the answer for the last item, Pikachu is not a great Pokémon as he's of the electric type and in general is weak. The Pikachu that is famous is only marginally stronger than the rest of his kind and most of it due to his bravery and sense of never giving up. Charizard is one of the most powerful of the original 151, he's up there in rank with Abrakadabra (if the same has learned a certain attack like Confusion). Out of the newest ones I'd have to vouch for Primeape, astounding Pokémon of the fire-fighting type!
Date: May 14, 2008 04:17AM
-

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:03AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 14, 2008 04:41AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Jawwad, the accurate womb thing could have easily been added "recently", unless you get yourself the original (which probably turned into food for worms or has been recycled by Nature) book you cannot fully trust them or any translations. Despite the book having some nice lessons you shouldn't have to live by its exact words as everyone can see a different meaning to the words !
Date: May 14, 2008 04:59AM
-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:03AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 14, 2008 05:23PM
Posted by: n00binio
jawwad01 schrieb:
> - Evolution and Darwinism
> see, the therory is in deep crisis. It has already
> been refuted in the field of science.

no "real" scientist would ever say the theory of evolution is wrong.
my proof: i know enough teachers, professors, intelligent people to make that an empirically proven statement

> How many people were atheist when they were
> born?

how many were religious people when they were born? only depends on what your parents teach you imho
Date: May 14, 2008 08:04PM

@DaveEllis
See, i said that man has 'knowledge' which makes it superior to other creatures.

That doesn't answer my question in the slightest.

Looks like yet another case of this tbh -

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 14, 2008 08:32PM
Posted by: Muks_C
jawwad01 Wrote:
> How many people were atheist when they were
> born?

at a rough guess i'd say about 6 billion who are alive currently, and many hundreds of billions who have lived before us. you are not born with a religion in your head, you are born as a "blank page". what enters your head is what you see around you, and what you are taught, you are not born with anything.

a religion is only something like a football club, or your favourite movie star or music band, it's something you like and want to follow, it is not already inside you when you are born.

all IMO of course.

completely agree with Dave's diagram.

also, i've haven't heard of many scientists refuting the theory of evolution. don't forget, it is a theory, and whilst you will come back and say "ha ha, it is only a theory", it makes a lot of bloody good sense IMO, and is far more logical and believable than the theory of creation, where nothing existed, then suddenly one day the Earth appeared, and another day a human was beamed out of nowhere. you ask for proof of how we know what happened with evolution. ever heard of fossils?

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2008 08:49PM by Muks_C.
Date: May 14, 2008 08:44PM
Those who understand the Arabic can easily tell you that Book is without errors. It is Arabic authentic - not translations. I can Understand quite alot of Arabic now and i can tell you there are no errors.

No offense, but rubbish. Understanding "quite alot" of a language does not mean you can tell me there are no errors in a translation.

By the way, Google and Wikipedia contradict you on several important issues (not surprisingly). For example

Translation of the Quran has always been a problematic and difficult issue in Islamic theology. Since Muslims revere the Qur'an as miraculous and inimitable (i'jaz al-Qur'an), they argue that the Qur'anic text can not be reproduced in another language or form. Furthermore, an Arabic word may have a range of meanings depending on the context, making an accurate translation even more difficult.

But since you still maintain that the translations are 100% perfect, why don't we just address what this book says then?

Verse 4:34 of the Qur'an as translated by Mohammed Habib Shakir reads
Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

A Religion preaching intolerance and hate towards fellow (wo)man? As George Carlin said, the main thing a religion should teach is "Thou shalt keep thy religion to thyself." Try it.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: May 14, 2008 10:52PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Muks_C Wrote:
> also, i've haven't heard of many scientists
> refuting the theory of evolution. don't forget, it
> is a theory, and whilst you will come back and say
> "ha ha, it is only a theory", it makes a lot of
> bloody good sense IMO, and is far more logical and
> believable than the theory of creation, where
> nothing existed, then suddenly one day the Earth
> appeared, and another day a human was beamed out
> of nowhere. you ask for proof of how we know what
> happened with evolution. ever heard of fossils?

The thing with the creation story (in christianity at least) is that if you take it literally you're a tool. imo obviously.

A few years ago I regularly visited church etc etc but never would I take what "my book" said literally. As far as I was concerned "God created the world in 6 days" blah blah blah; 6 days was but a metaphor for "a length of time". I can't see how you can look at stories in the Bible particularly and take them literally in any sense, every parable is littered with it's own moral issue to be dealt with. Finding out what the story was trying to tell you and living through that was what I went on.

Of course now for reasons I'd rather keep to myself I prefer to make the best of my life by living it MY way. Fair play to you if you want to live by a set of rules dictated by your religion but I find little logical reason myself to follow it. If you can take a message from "your book" and use some lesson it tries to teach you to try and improve your life then cool. Go ahead, it's your life and your choices. Take your pick of the infinite paths that life lays ahead of you.
Date: May 14, 2008 11:11PM
Posted by: Nickv
zeppelin101 schreef:
> As far as I was concerned "God created
> the world in 6 days" blah blah blah; 6 days was
> but a metaphor for "a length of time".

I've heard that the Bible says that a day lasts for an eternity, or something like that. So then, that part makes sense.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy