Just read this Book once!

Posted by jawwad01 
Just read this Book once!
Date: May 07, 2008 08:08PM
Posted by: jawwad01
-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:07AM by jawwad01.
Re: Just read this Book once!
Date: May 07, 2008 08:15PM
Posted by: danm
...i will never know!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: May 07, 2008 08:17PM
-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:07AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 07, 2008 09:32PM
Posted by: danm
Response 2. The Sequel

1. In the name of the forum, ...I will never know!

1. In the name of Chet, Relinquished blossom Jensoneth.

2. Praise be to Mukesh, the Collector and Preserver of metallic dynasty; cast of the die variety

3. Praise not humoureth; Ellis of Witty.

4. Gui be judgemental with jaypegged additons.

5. Lololo to be is one Anze and forth.

6. And technicality perseverence and bsod upon Gav.

7. Sam of Red, policy to political sway, mystified.

8. We will master of Mortal, in reply.

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2008 09:33PM by danm.
Date: May 07, 2008 10:50PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
9. Couldn't give a f**k TBH...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: May 08, 2008 02:58AM
Posted by: Covfan
All religions are rubbish.

Except mine.
Date: May 08, 2008 06:46AM
-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2017 06:06AM by jawwad01.
Date: May 08, 2008 07:08AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
sorry i dont like @#$%& being stuffed down my throat. especialy when it comes to religion. forcing stuff onto people is no worse than what the christian fantatics do.

Date: May 08, 2008 07:18AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Hey Jawwad, I got your e-mail on my inbox the other day. I only read very little, the thing is you won't be able to convert people or make them realize anything. The change has to come from the person and they have to search it for themselves and come up with what best fits them, be it catholicism, judaism [sic], buddhism, hinduism, islamism, or simply having a scientific answer to events. Whatever it is people choose to believe shouldn't matter and would not be a problem if some people within their religion didn't try forcing it down others' throats or publicize theirs as the only right one. Anything that generates conflict can lead to violence from somewhere due to weak minds and it is a shame that such is often the case with numerous people.

Now, I am not by any means saying you're trying to shove the Qoran down anyone's throat, it actually seems like you are simply trying to shed some light on the views of your religion - which unfortunately (that word again) has many people who consider themselves followers of its teachings but act in contradicting ways - to the world but the way it's put seems a bit pushy. Also, remember about each person finding their own truth or what they choose to believe, freedom of thought is one powerful thing.
Date: May 08, 2008 08:06AM
Posted by: autogyro
I'd rather read a book on fundamental analysis of share valuations. I would never question, draw attention to nor oppress another's religious beliefs. And I don't think you'll get many hits here, where pretty much the only thing we all share is a passion for motorsports.
Date: May 08, 2008 09:38AM
Posted by: Nickv
Life's not about what you believe, but what you do.
Date: May 08, 2008 09:45AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Life's not about what you believe, but what you
> do.

if only that were true mate. all these stupid wars over religion wouldnt exist

Date: May 08, 2008 10:09AM
Posted by: Morbid
Everything you do stems from a belief. Without beliefs, your perception of the world would be as immediate and unreflected as a dog's.

It's only after we've lost everything, that we are free to do anything.
Date: May 08, 2008 03:14PM
Posted by: sasjag
jawwad01 Wrote:
> Ok,
>
> Thats the way it is,
>
> To be religious is different than to be on the
> truth, within the truth is a religion, there is
> only one truth.
>
> if anyone does not care, does not want to know; it
> would not alter anything, nor would it make any
> difference to the truth.
>
> wait - since everyone is waiting - life is
> shortlived. Everyone will come to know one day!
>
> Truth always has a proof!!. If anyone claims to
> have a truth - kindly bring it forward with the
> proof. Where does Intellect of people vanish when
> it comes to finding the truth?.
>
> following of conjecture by the intellectual people
> is something of an unforunate kinda thingy.
>
> Atheism is a disaster on the earth.
>
> anyways - we shall all wait than. This time passes
> too quickly! - life is shortlived.
>
> Take care

oh the irony

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: May 08, 2008 04:41PM
Posted by: Monza972
Religion is a very vague thing imo, it just separates people from each other. But on the other hand it does help you to believe in something or rather. I haven't experienced life as some of our older forum members so i may not know what i'm talking about. But anyway, just my 2 cents :)
Date: May 08, 2008 08:23PM
sasjag Wrote:
> jawwad01 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > Atheism is a disaster on the earth.
>
>
> oh the irony

Actually, if you want to take the earth's perspective, then humanity as a whole is a disaster on earth.

Regarding religion, I see a lot of irony on the harsh comments. First of all, there is no question that the bad rep that Islam must suffer in this thread, comes from the extreme amounts of religious intolerance that is being put forth these days. Religion as a whole probably shares the same image with most of the resentful posters... Yet, what is the answer they bring forth? More intolerance!

Look youngsters, if you want a world that is free of the intolerance you see in religions, such as Islam, the solution is to SHOW tolerance... Otherwise it is just one big charade of holier than thou pots calling the kettle black...

Probably, you should also take some lessons in history and philosophy, and then KNOW, that 95% of the world you enjoy and take for granted today could not exist, if it had not been for religion.

Finally, we ALL operate with illogical, unproven and hypocritical belief systems. Our consciousness is simply not able to grasp the totality of this world in any cohesive way. So we cannot function without these beliefs systems, flawed as they may be. Some are openly religious. Others are not, but still owe almost all of their content to religion, even if those that preach them are blissfully ignorant about that fact. Be wary of those pure of heart and life, for they are so, as it lets them stand at the front of the line, when it is time to cast stones!

At least Jawwad has the courage to stand up for what he believes in, and be honest about it, and despite being taunted, still maintains a civil stance and tone. That is usually a lot more than can be expected from the majority that frequent these boards, religious or not!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2008 08:25PM by Morbid.
Date: May 08, 2008 10:07PM
Posted by: n00binio
Morbid schrieb:

> Probably, you should also take some lessons in
> history and philosophy, and then KNOW, that 95% of
> the world you enjoy and take for granted today
> could not exist, if it had not been for religion.

hmm difficult to say how the world would look like if religion had never existed.

and 3 important points imho:

-religion and science should not interfere
-poltics may use religious values as guidance but you can never justify decisions by saying "god told me" or whatever
- it´s ok to inform others about "your" religion but its not ok to try to persuade/force them to believe the same as you do

and last but not least: you´re taking less risk in believing in a god than if you don´t do that
Date: May 08, 2008 10:45PM
n00binio Wrote:
> Morbid schrieb:
> --------------------------------------------------

Indeed it is. But if you read carefully, you will see that is not what I am doing. What I am doing, without putting it in text, is listing the things that came to be because of a religious drive, need or environment, and then saying, without religion, they would not be.

>
> - it´s ok to inform others about "your" religion
> but its not ok to try to persuade/force them to
> believe the same as you do
>

This is called a moral paradox, also known better as "do what I say, not what I do".

Date: May 08, 2008 10:57PM
Posted by: zeppelin101
Morbid Wrote:
> Actually, if you want to take the earth's
> perspective, then humanity as a whole is a
> disaster on earth.

This is a constant and will not change.

I think anyway you look at it we are a blight upon the planet - stripped of its natural resources, slowly destroying the atmosphere and the environment around us and then to top it all off, hey why not blow the jeebus out of your next door neighbour?

Some things never change, the human race I fear is one of those things. In a way I sort of hope that "commercial" space flight doesn't (pardon the pun) take off as that might mean eventually we end up populating more of the known universe and setting about destroying that too.
Date: May 08, 2008 11:07PM
... or as Calvin in Calvin & Hobbes remarks: "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy