Going to London!

Posted by pankykapus 
Going to London!
Date: April 09, 2008 09:56PM
Posted by: pankykapus
Hey everyone! I thought I let you know that I'm going to visit London for a few days (from Friday to Tuesday). I'm going to stay in a hotel next to Hyde Park and I also bought a ticket for the Aussie Pink Floyd Show in the Royal Albert Hall woot!
I'm confident, it hopefully won't be snowing, and Heathrow is back to normal again! This is my first visit to the UK and I'm really excited :) Will post pics after getting home! Cya :)
Re: Going to London!
Date: April 09, 2008 10:21PM
Posted by: Ferrari2007
Hope you enjoy it over here mate :)

Don't think there'll be any snow now that was all last weekend

Races: 163 - Wins: 23 - Pole Positions: 24 - Fastest Laps: 22
Season 9: Constructors' Champions
Date: April 09, 2008 11:25PM
Posted by: mortal
Seen the Pink Floyd Show twice, very good ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 09, 2008 11:57PM
Posted by: Peat
'Go to London and I guarantee you'll either get mugged or not appreciated.

Catch the train to London, stopping at 'Rejection', 'Disappointment', 'Back-Stabbing Central' and 'Shattered Dreams Parkway'.'

Date: April 10, 2008 12:19AM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
yeah i saw that up here in newy (i assume we're talking of the same mob) and they were great.
Date: April 10, 2008 01:24AM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Have fun, just don't go jumping any barriers on the underground
Date: April 10, 2008 01:24AM
Posted by: Red Sam
Just remember the following and you'll be fine :)

The Waterloo & City line is closed on Sundays

Avoid changing at Bank due to escalator works

If the Train Describer does not show a Charing Cross branch train, take the first train and change at Kennington/Camden Town

Mind the Gap

The Victoria Line is the busiest line, but also the most frequent

Mudchute Station does not contain a chute of mud

For a superior mugging experience, travel on the District Line east of Plaistow after dark

If you are travelling between two stations on the Circle Line, it doesn't matter which Circle Line train you get on - you will reach your station eventually!

Although described as the London Underground, stations north of Moor Park and Woodfood are not technically in London - Chesham is miles from London!

Roding Valley Station is half in London, and half outside of London

Travelling to Cyprus Station may or may not include a flight transfer

Paddington is where the Pink meets the Brown - but at a stretch...

EDIT: And the most important of all: Always touch in and out with your Oyster Card! If you don't, bad things will happen to you.

That should see you through London just fine!! ;)

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2008 01:28AM by Red Sam.
Date: April 10, 2008 01:47AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
What he said. Don't even think about vaulting the barriers, no matter how tempting it may seem. ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 10, 2008 02:15AM
Posted by: Guimengo
Top Gear said the Oyster card is bad :p
Date: April 10, 2008 03:58AM
Posted by: mortal
ChrisB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have fun, just don't go jumping any barriers on
> the underground

Spoilsport, was looking forward to that, be there in July ;-)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 10, 2008 06:51AM
Posted by: Guimengo
mortal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChrisB Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Have fun, just don't go jumping any barriers on
> > the underground
>
>
> Spoilsport, was looking forward to that, be there
> in July ;-)

you can always sprint every time you see a cop ;-)
Date: April 10, 2008 07:28AM
Posted by: pankykapus
Hey thanks guys I'll keep in mind what you posted. The show will include more or less the Wall album and the Albert Hall itself is a pretty nice building on its own to go:)

Hopefully we won't use the tube that much as the hotel is near to the centre (farthest point is the Tower Brigde, 7kms from the hotel), and it's not really cheap either.
Date: April 10, 2008 06:07PM
Posted by: Monza972
Also Victoria station will not allow you to see Victoria Beckham ;)
Date: April 10, 2008 06:26PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
One thing about station names... Elephant and Castle contains neither an elephant, nor a castle. ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: April 10, 2008 07:31PM
Posted by: NickKK
You chose a bad timing as the weather has been superb since Monday but is rapidly going to turn to crap tommorow until past sunday ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy