O2 Broadband

Posted by Ianwoollam 
O2 Broadband
Date: April 04, 2008 05:51PM
Posted by: Ianwoollam
Is anyone in the UK here on O2 Broadband, I'm on Nildram atm but it is a bit steep at £24.50 a month, O2 has just been enabled in my area, and are apparantly offering the same service for £7.50 (I have an O2 Contract) and review wise other than a crappy router (Already have a decent router anyway) I can't seem to find a bad review to their name. If anyone here is on O2 could you possibly tell me what your opinions are on it?

PSN/Xbox 360 ID - Ianwoollam
Re: O2 Broadband
Date: April 04, 2008 06:06PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
I'm not on it, sorry!
Date: April 04, 2008 08:21PM
Posted by: Glyn
Me neither I'm afraid

Date: April 04, 2008 08:30PM
Posted by: japan
I not have it neither!

-
Yokomoto Hatashia

Date: April 04, 2008 08:43PM
Posted by: sasjag
i can confirm that i do not infact have it either

Sim

All Hail The New York Giants - Winners of Superbowl XXI, XXV and XLII!

"I'd love to know what goes on in that crazy head of yours sometimes, Sim..." - Locke Cole
Date: April 04, 2008 08:48PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
The entire nation of Japan does not use O2 Broadband. Bad market.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 04, 2008 10:25PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
Oh, I have O2. But not the broadband.

[Website]
Date: April 04, 2008 11:08PM
Posted by: Dr.Nick
Would like to help mate, but I'm on British Telecom.

------

Dr Nick Hartner,
O2 N-E England Communications Director,
nick_hartner@o2.co.uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2008 11:08PM by Dr.Nick.
Date: April 04, 2008 11:31PM
Posted by: Muks_C
lol

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 05, 2008 04:36AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Sorry mate, im not in the same country as you, so im not on it.

Date: April 08, 2008 01:14PM
Posted by: richardd
I'm on O2.

It's the only way I can provide the necessary resources for my body to survive.
Date: April 08, 2008 01:38PM
Posted by: MikaHalpinen
you're all a bunch of DB's.

I'm not on it.
Date: April 08, 2008 02:35PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
[www.broadband-help.com]

Im with BeThere (best ISP I have been with easily, great service, downtime for maintenance is minimal and tends to happen at 3am). Now, O2 bought BeThere so I would assume O2 will use the same infrastructure as Bethere. If so you will not be dissappointed.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 08, 2008 02:42PM
Posted by: gav
Pipex bought Nildram and they're still very different (Pipex are apparently now even worse since Tiscali acquired them) so them using the same infrastructure isn't guaranteed, though with O2 not being a dedicated broadband distributor, it's more likely. Hadn't heard good things about BeThere either to be honest, but I suppose there different districts have different experiences.

Oh, I'm not on O2 either (their moby phone department did once overcharge me by £600 mind (though paid it back without question)).
Date: April 08, 2008 02:59PM
Ive been with BeThere for over 1.5 years now and really its brilliant service. Obviously if someone posts a bad review bcos of their particular circumstance and situation it tends to put people off but I would certainly vouch for them. The only thing that concerns me is that with BeThere there is 30 day contract. With O2 its 1 year. If O2 decide to put their prices up, Im stuck for a year. But really for 8meg Im paying £14 with Be. I could be paying £7.50 with O2 which is strange since as I said O2 own Be. No connection charge either till June. Serioulsy thinking about changing. And O2 as a operator have been great too. I was with Orange and I used to spend like £25 a month and got no free minutes or anything. I spend half that with O2 on topups a month and I get 100 minutes free.

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: April 08, 2008 09:31PM
Posted by: Robert
All I know about it is that I don't use it ;)

Batracer - the online racing manager game - join here :) [batracer.com]
Date: April 09, 2008 12:50AM
[www.pocket-lint.co.uk]

O2 UK has announced it will launch O2 Broadband on October 15th.

The service in the UK is launching with the "simple promise" to make broadband better, and the noble claim that it will "set a new standard in the market".

The promise is that O2 Broadband will be simple to set up and use, offer total transparency in both pricing and service speeds, and has great after service care.

Available for both existing and non-O2 customers, the new service will offer the following:

* A simple one step plug-and-play set-up through the O2 wireless box with automatic configuration. No messy codes or complicated technical procedures
* O2 wireless box included (wireless router) with automatic configuration
* Free UK-based customer services from UK landlines or O2 mobiles through a single number and 24/7 technical support
* Unlimited usage to download exactly what you want (but, like O2's recently announced data plans - subject to a fair usage policy)
* Super-fast access speeds of up to 20 meg on one of the UK's most advanced networks
* A range of great combined mobile and broadband product features, including O2 Broadband emails automatically being sent to your O2 mobile phone message in-box[iii] and address book synchronisation between their PC and mobile (for O2 mobile customers)
* Send up to 100 free texts a month from your O2 Broadband account on your PC

O2 Broadband will use "one of the most advanced and high-quality broadband networks in the UK" and use the latest ADSL2+ technology.

At launch, O2 Broadband will cover 50% of the population, focusing on the major urban areas. The network will be further rolled-out in line with customer demand.

Although the service can offer up to 20 meg before a customer is hooked up, O2 will carry out a line check will be completed to estimate the speeds the customer can receive to ensure they are placed on the correct package.

This will be checked up to 1 month later to ensure the package selected by the customer is appropriate and that they only pay for the package appropriate for the speed their line can support.

There will be preferential rates packages for O2 Pay Monthly customers starting with the Standard Package at £7.50 per month for up for 8 meg; the Premium Package at £10 per month for up to 16 meg and the Ultimate Package at £15 per month for speeds of up to 20 meg.

Non O2 Pay Monthly and non-O2 customers will pay an additional £10 per month on each of the available packages.

It says O2 will use one the most advanced and qulaity networks, if its referring to Be, this is great news and represents great value for money. Just read from a Be user on the Be forum that O2 may throttle speeds trying to ascertain if this is true from O2 or Be.

some more thoughts, reviews: [www.broadbandgenie.co.uk]

I.Tz No Problem
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2008 12:53AM by rapid_f1.
Date: April 09, 2008 01:15PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
That was last year. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy