A tale of my Friday night..

Posted by Nickv 
A tale of my Friday night..
Date: February 15, 2008 09:03PM
Posted by: Nickv
This night the neighbours smelled a strange smell, it wasn't really gas, but it smelled like petroleum. They didn't really know what it was, so they called the police, just to be sure.

On that time, I was watching tv, I heard sirenes of a firetruck. I thought 'oh, well' and I continued watching tv. I heard the sirenes coming nearer and nearer. I looked out of the window and thought 'hey, they are turning into my street'. Then they came closer and I thought 'hey, they are stopping in front of my house'. A firetruck and a police car stopped. About 9 firemen fully dressed with suits and airtanks, and a two cops came out and they went into the garage of the neighbours, they couldn't find anything.

Then they came to my house. They had some kind of meter with which you can measure how high the gas concentration is or something. It was perfectly zero in both the neighbours garage and in our house. They couldn't find anything, it was kind of strange. They were about to leave.

Then, my dad came home. My dad asked ´did you fill your tank again?', I said 'yes'. I had filled my tank of my scooter today, but when I fill it until the tank 'clicks', so it stops filling, I have some two litres in my tank, instead of the four I can have. I had tanked a little too much, so you'd smell it. It was normal, that happens every time. But apparently, I did it a little TOO much too much, which made the smell very strong, it had something to do with pressure or something. My dad opened the garage and the smell of gasoline was horrible. So I ruined the Friday night of 8 volunteers because I put a little too much petrol into my tank.
Re: A tale of my Friday night..
Date: February 15, 2008 09:17PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
LMFAO! You idiot. ;)

I had a similar experience trying to figure out why my dad's Harley was leaking petrol before my mum was due to ride it to Yorkshire. This Harley has 2 tank chambers, and my dad had brimmed it before he went away. When it was leant on it's stand, cocked to one side, it was leaking slightly out of one side, but was fine upright. After cleaning up around the engine so that when it runs hot it doesn't ignite, it was fine to ride. So he now doesn't brim it completely anymore. :)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: February 15, 2008 10:56PM
Posted by: Monza972
lol never heard of this before, i thought it might be some gas leak in the end but a scooter :P!
Date: February 15, 2008 11:35PM
Posted by: IL Dottore
damn how over reacting is that... Its normal when you have a scooter it smells a bit like petrol..

Magic Senna
Date: February 16, 2008 02:23PM
Posted by: Muks_C
about half a mile from me, about a year ago, a house exploded in the middle of the night because leaked gas had built up inside the wall cavity and ignited somehow. the family consisted of a mother, father and 3 children. unfortunately the father was home with 2 children, while the mother and the 3rd child were away at a relative's house, so 3 of them who were at home died :(

the wall one one side of the house was completely gone, just a pile of rubble where the front garden was, and the authorities out a large clear plastic sheet over it to protect it from the weather. it was strange walking past being able to see all the different rooms inside, like an opened dolls house.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 16, 2008 04:44PM
Posted by: Glyn
Nickv Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My dad opened the garage and the smell of gasoline
> was horrible.

You call yourself a petrol head and you hate the smell of petrol :-o Petrol is one of the nicest smells along with cut grass and sawdust, not that I put either up my nose you understand!

Date: February 16, 2008 04:53PM
Posted by: Ferrari_Fuhrer
The smell of speedway beats it.

[Website]
Date: February 16, 2008 08:39PM
Posted by: Nickv
Glyn schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nickv Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My dad opened the garage and the smell of
> gasoline
> > was horrible.
>
> You call yourself a petrol head and you hate the
> smell of petrol :-o Petrol is one of the nicest
> smells along with cut grass and sawdust, not that
> I put either up my nose you understand!

It was horrible in the meaing of being way too much to smell nice :P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy