Cant open Regedit, Eksplorasi.exe virus :(

Posted by chet 
Cant open Regedit, Eksplorasi.exe virus :(
Date: February 11, 2008 07:14PM
Posted by: chet
I have this virus, and avast antivirus deleted the file C:\WINDOWS\eksplorasi.exe

When I startup it comes up with the message "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

Ive been googling, and to solve the problem of the file I need to open regedit but it says i dont have adminastrive rights or whatever, but i am the administrator :s. So to solve the virus problem (i hope) i need to solve the regedit problem first grr. Any ideas?

edit - when i try moving the file to the chest, it says this ...

[img.photobucket.com]

but the chest is empty :s

edit - more googling/searching found a way to open regedit, and i successfully edited the entry. but now avast is still saying no disk space etc. i have 8gb left. :s

and the virus is effecting process like ( i read somewhere, looking for link now ) lsass, smss, and i have several svchost running, if that means anything to anyone.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2008 07:40PM by chet.
Re: Cant open Regedit, Eksplorasi.exe virus :(
Date: February 11, 2008 07:59PM
Posted by: gav
Probably Avast's own issue with the 'space' issue. Can't recommend much other than trying something else.

There will be several instances of the svchost.exe process, so don't worry about that. I've got 6 active at the moment. The other 2 processes are fine too.
Date: February 11, 2008 11:12PM
Posted by: Monza972
Wow, This looks like a big issue :(

Hope you get it sorted. Also, about that avast not moving the thing anywhere, its happened to me also and I've just deleted the file instead of moving it to the chest and that Worked.

At first I thought it was the Polanski virus but then i realized it was just my eyes toying with me ;)
Date: February 12, 2008 12:06AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
Administrator rights is a lil ambiguous, it either means as you think it does (run as a user with admin rights), or you run Recovery Console as Administrator. Try that and see if you can scan the registry.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: February 12, 2008 12:36AM
Posted by: NickKK
Yeah try getting into safe mode and dealing with the problem from there, or boot into an alternative OS if you're multi-botting.

Date: February 12, 2008 09:18AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
i think you should be removed from all computer privileges chet.

Date: February 12, 2008 12:27PM
Posted by: chet
I blame Muks's sister. Must have got a virus looking around for pictures of her.

Anyhoo! Safe mode was one of the first things I tried...

But last night I found a link about the virus and steps to get rid of it, and it has sorted out my folders, now i can see folder options and view hidden files etc. And so far I think its gone. Usually I will wake up to a some popups of what i dont know ! i ran this sophos program which apparently is said to get rid of this specific virus, thing is it creates an exe in almost everyfolder, like i have folder called F1pictures, and within that folder there is an exe made to look like a folder, and its called F1pictures. If you get it? And when you double click it i assume it sets the virus off. But atm iam running avast and telling it to delete them.

While were on avast, anyone else get shitted up by the noise it makes when it thinks youve encountered a virus?

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 12, 2008 02:14PM
Posted by: Covfan
The reason I hate Avast is the voice. The worst thing to hear at 4am in the morning (when you've forgotten to turn your speakers off) ia "YOUR VIRUS DATABASE HAS BEEN UPDATED" by someone who sounds like John Borrowman.
Date: February 12, 2008 04:50PM
Posted by: Monza972
chet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> While were on avast, anyone else get shitted up by
> the noise it makes when it thinks youve
> encountered a virus?

Never, and never ever have I heard that sound
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy