Bicycle Decals

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Bicycle Decals
Date: February 03, 2008 06:34PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
Does anyone know a good place to purchase some good bike stickers?

I've recently started work in a cycle shop (bloody brilliant job) and I've just bought a very basic £80 mountain bike that I'm gonna bit by bit do up. One of the main things I want to do is to strip it of all decals, spray paint it and add my custom stickers.

Some F1 decals would be fab if anyone has any info?!

cheerz

p.s. i am aware of ebay... ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Re: Bicycle Decals
Date: February 03, 2008 06:53PM
Posted by: gav
Now that you're going to get murdered, I'd love to say it was nice knowing you, but I don't like lying, so, you know.
Date: February 03, 2008 07:15PM
hhmm ok, think you've been reading brnco's posts too much - that resembles him all too much.

anyone got something helpful to say?

cheerz

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 03, 2008 07:29PM
It was helpful. You're seriously thinking about putting F1 decals on a bike? Have you any idea how many times you're going to get beaten up?
Date: February 03, 2008 08:17PM
I don't know where you live gav, but I live and work in the country and you don't exactly see many people getting beaten up here because of the style of their bike...

but anyway, I was thinking a couple of 'iCeMaN' logos (see below) either side might be cool, then i shall attempt to paint the bike an ice-theme!

or this one even better!..

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2008 08:23PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Date: February 03, 2008 08:33PM
Posted by: chet
gav Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It was helpful. You're seriously thinking about
> putting F1 decals on a bike? Have you any idea how
> many times you're going to get beaten up?

Have to say I agree with Paul. No-one is that childish to 'beat someone up' because of what their bike has on it ...

And the first post was about as useful as something Neil would say =/ !

Paul, as for standard bike decals magazines are the best. Custom decals for a bike would be hard to do. I think your asking abit much.

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: February 04, 2008 01:18AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
chet Wrote:

> And the first post was about as useful as
> something Neil would say =/ !

and yet its about 10x more intelligent than anything that's spurted out of your mouth

Date: February 04, 2008 02:30AM
NeilPearson Wrote:
> chet Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > And the first post was about as useful as
> > something Neil would say =/ !
>
> and yet its about 10x more intelligent than
> anything that's spurted out of your mouth

To be fair Chet hasn't spouted much crap recently. He, like the rest of us, has been wallowing in the excrement from other members.

Fair enough about the Coventry thing, just going off what other members have posted recently about it. Have to say I wouldn't be seen dead with a bike with cringe-worthy stuff like that on it though. A discrete sticker or 2 on a car rear-window might pass, but it would just look tacky on a bike.
Date: February 04, 2008 02:35AM
Posted by: IWE
chet Wrote:

> Have to say I agree with Paul. No-one is that
> childish to 'beat someone up' because of what
> their bike has on it ...
>

Almost happened even just because of riding self customized chopper bicycle.

But just as tip from person who have already some experience with bikes.. DON'T bother with bike worth of £80. Next year you need propably new one anyway. When you start to talk about bike with front wheel wich costs already alone more than that you might think about giving it to some pro for powder painting.. ;-)

[irc-galleria.net] And this is only one of my bikes where original price is below 3000€.

few of the rest:

;)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 04, 2008 03:48AM
Posted by: SexySam182
Thats a pretty nice collection there! The Dorado forks are worth over a grand on there own lol. Do you work with bikes or are you just a huge bike person?

Date: February 04, 2008 03:56AM
I did work with bikes for about 3 years and used to 'waste' also lots of freetime (and money) with building up these and sure for riding. :)

Kimi, so, Massa Fernando Sebastian is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?
Date: February 04, 2008 06:32AM
Posted by: ZaZ
:P

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Date: February 04, 2008 09:30PM
beast!!! argos? ;)

[en-gb.facebook.com]
Date: February 06, 2008 08:46AM
Posted by: NickKK
CRC has good stickers but none of them F1 related, you should probably look for small car stickers with a F1 theme, though it's unlike you'll find any. Btw a decent spray painting (as in something that won't flake off in a week) will set you back about half the cost of that bike so I would think twice :)

Date: February 06, 2008 12:36PM
NickKK Wrote:
> Btw a decent spray painting (as in something
> that won't flake off in a week) will set you back
> about half the cost of that bike so I would think
> twice :)

Amen!

Or like magic word I said.. Powder painting. Same paint wich were used for my frame is used for these machines:

And not so difficult to guess, that paint stays better than original ones normally used for bicycles, cars,.. Already did fall on some metal thing and frame got tiny dent but paint stayed. :)

Oh and costs? If I dont remember totally wrong they refused to take even 30€ wich was origianlly told as price. Final price 20€. You get hardly even 1 spray can of 'ok quality' primer, paint and varnish for that price. :P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy