Original songs improved when covered [by another band]

Posted by -Mikey- 
Re: Original songs improved when covered [by another band]
Date: October 10, 2007 01:27PM
Posted by: Anonymous User
Well I am a self confessed Biffy fanboy (I don't much like the latest album, comparatively speaking) so to me any Biffy is worth fussing over. It's not that it's a good song it's just that for novelty reasons I like hearing them covering other peoples songs.
one of their recent popular songs sounds like a cover of a slow earlier Foo Fighters song, it's definitely inspired by their song anyway, i forget which one though...

anyway that's off-topic.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: October 10, 2007 01:40PM
Probably you're thinking of "Folding Stars".
I don't like The Foo Fighters much, I think they were a good band once but have slipped into corporate mediocrity. I don't much like a lot of Biffy's "Puzzle" either because compared to their usual stuff it sounds a bit poppy and Foo esque. Basically they pushed the lyrics to the foreground and the emphasis is therefore on the lyrics and not on the music.

Or something.
yes it's Folding Stars, i think it's bloody awful :):

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Date: October 10, 2007 02:09PM
I know.

In his own words, "they usually hate @#$%& like that but his mother used to tell him she liked their slow songs best" (which were few and far between) so he wrote that for her, I think. She died a couple of years ago.

If that wasn't why it was in there, it would be unacceptable, which is still how many of the hardcore massive see it. Fans, that it.

Obviously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2007 02:10PM by loque.
not sure if this should go in the "improved" or "destroyed" thread because it's just a sample, so i'll put it here and you can judge.

remember a few years ago there was the "hamster dance"? it was that annoying sound clip, sort of like an earlier Crazy Frog phenomenon?

well here's the original from a Disney movie (watch it for around 45 seconds):

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

and here's the sample used in The Cuban Boys' Cogonoscenti Vs Intelligentsia song:

">

(you must watch the last few seconds)

Date: October 10, 2007 02:19PM
Where did the nappy come from?
I'm sorely tempted to say I wasted my bandwidth with that last one, but I'm speechless!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: October 11, 2007 08:00PM
Posted by: Nickv
loque schreef:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hate Rhianna, and I hate that song which goes
> MAEH MAEH MAEH all the way through... Umbrella??

Me too. I can't stand her. Her voice sounds like...well there is no word to discribe its awfulness really.

Every time I hear

my ears break into pieces.
yeah that really is awful, i switched the radio over everytime that song started when it was popular.

i thought SOS was a good catchy song though, still just throw-away pop but not stupidly annoying like Umbrella.

Date: October 11, 2007 09:20PM
Yeah, SOS was pretty good. But the crying and screaming she does in the other songs is just terrifying.
I liked Foo Fighters version of Keep the car running by Arcade Fire, Baker Street by the Foo's and 30 seconds to Mars version of Stronger by Kanye West from Radio 1's live lounge, anyone know where i can download a version? so much better than Kanye's version

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
U2 makes an awesome cover of the Beatles' Helter Skelter. However, I'm not sure which version is better.
Nickv Wrote:
> Yeah, SOS was pretty good. But the crying and
> screaming she does in the other songs is just
> terrifying.

Welcome to North American hip-hop/rap/crap/pop style of music !
Date: October 12, 2007 11:35AM
I unfortunately know that music well enough. It's all being played here. Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna, The Game, those crap school rock bands. I know it all :(
The Automatic's version of Kanye West's Gold Digger is pretty good:

">

i like the repeating flute in the background.

here's the 30 seconds to Mars cover of Stronger

-----------------------------------------------

"When you begin in this sport you are given a chequebook. Every time you have a big one you must write a check to the angels. The trick is to finish your career before you empty the chequebook".
Nickv Wrote:
> I unfortunately know that music well enough. It's
> all being played here. Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna,
> The Game, those crap school rock bands. I know it
> all :(

if only what played here the most were crap school rock bands. I really can't find anything worse than rap/hip-hop and country, but country isn't mainstream in the region I live.
danny87 Wrote:
> here's the 30 seconds to Mars cover of Stronger
>
>

man that is utter garbage. too much teen-angst for my liking. and can that dude wear any more makeup?

at least the Kanye version doesn't make you want to commit suicide (or maybe it does if you don't like his music?).

i think he's an utter nobhead, but i think Kanye's version is ok.

here's the original by Daft Punk:

">

Robbie Williams - She's The One (especially live)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy