Motorcycle Kevlars

Posted by Lucasinio 
Motorcycle Kevlars
Date: July 03, 2007 10:27PM
Posted by: Lucasinio
Hey all,

Does anyone know where i can get some motorcycle kevlars from?

Or a website/forum that may be of help?

Cheers

Date: July 03, 2007 11:08PM
Posted by: richardd
I know gav has a motorbike, but he wears rubber gimp suits when he's riding...
Re: Motorcycle Kevlars
Date: July 03, 2007 11:20PM
Posted by: gav
richardd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know gav has a motorbike, but he wears rubber
> gimp suits when he's riding...

Gav doesn't have one at the moment. And since when has motorbike kevlars been rubber gimp suits? ;)

Best advice is to go into a shop and try some out. You really shouldn't order biking gear online, as it's supposed to be as close to an exact fit as possible (you really don't want clothes flapping around in the wind) - it's one of the reasons why leathers became so popular so quickly, despite the price - they're safe in more ways than one. Still, I refuse to wear anything leather other than gloves - kevlar is miles better in my experience. It's not tight, it doesn't cling to your skin at all, it's not revealing in anyway (sorry to disappoint you Rich), yet is stiff enough not to be dictated by the weather. Had this biking gear for about 4 years now, and one pair of trousers has been through 2 60mph crashes, and all that's happened is it's lost a layer of water-proofing on 1 knee - and the zip's snapped on both sides... but a paper clip sorts that out no problem. Perhaps I should be on Blue Peter some day.
Date: July 03, 2007 11:32PM
Posted by: richardd
gav Wrote:

> Perhaps I should be on Blue Peter some day.

And that's only because he fancies the dog... ;)
Date: July 04, 2007 03:46AM
Posted by: -Mikey-
I've only ridden a couple of times, but I have the gear and stuff (minus biker trousers). It's essential to try it on though, like Gav said for obvious reasons. That stuff ain't cheap!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy