Windows Vista...

Posted by iCeMaN pAuL 
Re: Windows Vista...
Date: May 31, 2007 10:09AM
Posted by: Glyn
Is it the media sharing thats doing this? Open WMP, go into options and disable anything related to sharing media. Ive turned mine off because bubbles keep popping up when other PCs on the network are turned on.

Date: May 31, 2007 11:24AM
Posted by: Willb
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could lend me a hand with vista my home network.

Now it might just be me, but is there not a network setup wizard in vista (I cant use the wireless one as my network is just 2 pcs connected directly together via ethernet. The Pc with vista is dual booted with xp, I use xp most of the time, but it would be nice to use vista more, but I cant get the second xp sp2 machine on the internet via ICS on the vista pc.

In the network and sharing center I see all the shares on the vista pc, but vista doesnt see the other xp machine, and I just cant get online with the xp machine connecting through the vista pc.

We have a speedtouch 330 broadand modem connected to the fast pc (vista/xp dual boot) and ICS works fine when both pcs are running xp.

I was thinking maybe its ZA not being configured (Its the beta security suite for vista), there are a few extra options Im not used to as I use ZA free when using xp on the same machine.

Anyone got any thoughts ?

Cheers,
Wills.

Help keep our forums tidy.

Use the search function...
Date: May 31, 2007 02:56PM
Posted by: Zcott
Tried disabling zonealarm in Vista to see if it works?

Date: June 10, 2007 12:34PM
Posted by: iCeMaN pAuL
an update!

yesterday my dad was forced to reboot vista as it was getting impossible to do anything on it without freezing. once he clicked the start menu and the comp froze :| tried to play a cd and windows media center froze :| tried to play a dvd and wmp froze :| scanned up a pic and it froze :| so rebooted and so far it seems ok so fingers crossed!

if it freezes anymore we're gonna take it back and try to get a comp with xp..

[en-gb.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2007 12:34PM by iCeMaN pAuL.
Date: June 10, 2007 12:41PM
Posted by: Nickv
I doubt it's Vista, it's probably a wrong version or something, wrong cd etc. One of my mates has Vista and I haven't heard any of the problems you have from him.
Date: June 10, 2007 12:55PM
Posted by: count.bazley
Paul, it really sounds like there's a hardware issue causing this. Like I mentioned previously, my computer used to freeze every 5 minutes or so. I found out what file was the root of the problem, had a search on the net and found a solution. It could be a 5 minute job, I really doubt that it is purely a Windows Vista problem that you are having.
Date: June 10, 2007 02:53PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
Could be a ram issue.

i had a problem where my pc would crash every now and again, and it was due to the ram

try this

[www.memtest86.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy