Electric RC Helicopter

Posted by mika19b 
Electric RC Helicopter
Date: April 27, 2007 10:36PM
Posted by: mika19b
Hi all,
i want a small electric helicopter to muck around with, as i already have a nitro car, and saw this on ebuyer [www.ebuyer.com]

Does anyone have one or know someone with one? What do you think about it for the price (i think its quite cheap!!)

Cheers,
Mika19b
Re: Electric RC Helicopter
Date: April 27, 2007 10:38PM
Posted by: SHEEPY
lol i had a rc plane once :D got it on christmas a few year ago and lost it on christmas :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 10:39PM by SHEEPY.
Date: April 28, 2007 12:31AM
Posted by: mortal
I saw similar demo'd at an airshow a while back, half the price too. They were probably more for indoor use. I'd like one with a ccd rf camera that can transmit the image back to a monitor, would be handy for checking out the talent in the neighbours pool lol :)

[www.mediafire.com] Some say you should click it, you know you want to. :-) [www.gp4central.com] <----GP4 Central
Date: April 28, 2007 12:55AM
Posted by: keiran
What you've linked to is basically a toy for mucking about with in your house. Okay for a bit of a laugh, if that's all your after. Someone at my local R/C club has one and we had to modify it a little to make it fly forwards.

If you want something that can fly higher than yourself ;) then I can imagine it's going to cost a lot more than £30, maybe around the £150 mark but I don't know much about the flying side of R/C.

Although I do know you should have insurance if you plan to run it in a public area, same with a R/C car.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: April 28, 2007 03:50PM
Posted by: Muks_C
wow that looks good fun! and it says "for outdoor use only" Keiran.

i saw them messing with RC copters on Mythbusters, trying to (dis)prove the myth that a postage stamp on one of the blades could unsettle it enough to make it crash, and they had fun playing with the small ones.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: April 28, 2007 08:14PM
Posted by: keiran
Muks_C Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow that looks good fun! and it says "for outdoor
> use only" Keiran.

Well my advice would be not to use it if there is any wind at all ;-) As I said we had to modify one to make it fly forwards (attached a weight on the front), otherwise all it did was go up.

Keiran

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:
Date: April 28, 2007 10:29PM
Posted by: Gené and Tonic
[en.wikipedia.org]

There are tons on ebay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy