yanks at it again with guns

Posted by SHEEPY 
Re: yanks at it again with guns
Date: April 21, 2007 05:34PM
Posted by: danm
Little birdies comes and reminds me not too long ago when Muks got an earbashing to patrolling the forums and policing Sig Limits.

Officier Dave, when did you get promoted?

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: April 21, 2007 05:34PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
Date: April 19, 2007 12:39PM
Posted by: SHEEPY (IP Logged)

stupid yanks cant trust any of them with a gun

Was he being funny here too, or just a "twat"?

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 21, 2007 05:36PM
Posted by: MarcA
He was being sarcastic, have you heard of that word?

And since when have you been talking on the bahalf of a nation?

Date: April 21, 2007 05:37PM
Posted by: mika19b
danm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Jingle Bells Dave Ellis Smells.

;)
Date: April 21, 2007 05:38PM
Posted by: tripleM
"I agree, he was saying "lol" and "hahaha" at the person who took them hostage. No way does that make him a "twat"!!! "

Yeah, lol @ the guy who shot another guy.

Nope, still a twat.

Date: April 21, 2007 05:40PM
/He was being sarcastic, have you heard of that word?

Oh give me a BREAK. How many times does someone have to post anti-nation comments before you can drop the sarcasim excuse?

And since when have you been talking on the bahalf of a nation?

At no point did i suggest I was. However i found it extremely offensive that such bollocks could be spouted.

tripleM, we agree on too much stuff recently. This has to stop happening.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 21, 2007 05:44PM
lol Marc! Probably since he went to work there.

But seriously, Dave I think you have jumped a little too harsh on Sheepy here. He is afterall one of the younger members of the forum, and since you are, arguably and debatably, supposedly more mature, I think youngsters need leeway on occasion.

The entire world infact needs to be a bit leniant on commnets like Sheepy made and not take then so literally.

Granted, the 'lol' may have been unecessary, but the tone it was said wasnt directing at mockign the situation itself - it was the context of 'ooho here we go again' and a more pppfff haha look at that, another bar fight in this drunken pub' *rolls eye* moment.

Quite similar to when I see another *rolls eyes* lol at daves argumentative post again.

I think the majority of posters in this thread so far have seen what Sheepy meant and the context that it really WASN'T the 'lol' moment you saw it as. Chet and myself notably saw the same thing, it was an in respect to moment.

To me, it is clear that you, Dave, are perhaps the one looking at things differently and jumping on the PC boat and over-reacting to something that is not a problem to pretty much most others here... except maybe you!?

Date: April 21, 2007 05:52PM
Posted by: chet
I think peoples reactions to sheepys post are because of his history here, so when sheepy posts, people expect it to be bad, mean soemthing else.

Shall we bring up the stickers thread, you know the warning labels ? im not entirely sure but i think people sterotyped the yanks in that too. idk, thats just off memory.

Dan- hadouken are amazing arnt they, off to see them in June ;-)

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: April 21, 2007 05:52PM
Im the LAST person who likes Political correct stuff. However there are some things which are acceptable and some things which arent.

His age could arguably make it even more shocking that a person can have such feelings towards an entire nation, and express them in such a way where it looks massivly disrespectfull to the people effected by it.

"lol" and "haha" shold NOT be connected with hostage situations, nevermind murders. I dont see how mocking the situation as another "here we go again" Situation should warrent the laughing comments. On every other forum im on, it tended to be attached to a sad smilie or a "oh no" rather than a "haha".

the suggestion that it was sarcastic, just like the rest of his posts is down right insulting to everyone who reads this forum. ALL of you are smart enough to know that it wasnt a sarcastic comment and if you've been on this forum long enough you'd know fine well that Sheepy is well practiced in the art of bashing Americans.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 21, 2007 05:55PM
In the other post, you suggested that 'retard' is not so much related to it's medical whatnot. Thesedays, as it's so often used on the internet, neither is 'lol' to laughing, even though that is what it orignally stands for.

How many times do people put 'lol' in a conversation when they are not actually laughing? A lot.

Date: April 21, 2007 05:58PM
DaveEllis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
the suggestion that it was sarcastic, just like the rest of his posts is down right insulting to everyone who reads this forum. ALL of you are smart enough to know that it wasnt a sarcastic comment

Actually, the point that mos tof us in this thread are saying is that WE DID understand the tone and sarcasm of the 'lol' used in question.

At present, you are the only odd one out.

I will change my thoughts when more jump ship and are as edge as yourself.

I am in no means defending Sheepy totally, but the way you as an individual perceived his post is solitary.

At present.

Date: April 21, 2007 06:00PM
Posted by: Peat
You lot seemingly have nothing better to do due to the ferocious progress of this thread, does anyone fancy making themselves useful and coming over to mine to help me finish my final year uni project?

Date: April 21, 2007 06:05PM
At present, you are the only odd one out.

----

Date: April 21, 2007 02:55PM
Posted by: gav (IP Logged)

Dave's saying in his... unique way... quite how shocking Sheepy was.

----

Date: April 21, 2007 03:38PM
Posted by: tripleM (IP Logged)

"I agree, he was saying "lol" and "hahaha" at the person who took them hostage. No way does that make him a "twat"!!! "

Yeah, lol @ the guy who shot another guy.

Nope, still a twat.

----

Im SUCH the odd one out that im SO out that im actually NOT the odd one out at all. Reading the thread would do you well son.

I will change my thoughts when more jump ship and are as edge as yourself.

Get changing then. Unless someone is going to pull out the sarcasim excuse again "lol".

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2007 06:07PM by DaveEllis.
Date: April 21, 2007 06:13PM
Two sides to the story. One black, one white. If you are allowed your half, we are allowed ours.

Like, I SOOOOOOOOOO do NOT care about your posts now. ;)

'lol'

Date: April 21, 2007 06:16PM
Thats a nice backtrack you got there. Did you leave a line of breadcrums to follow it back? ;-) :P

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 21, 2007 06:17PM
He doesn't need to, he's got a good sense of direction.

Date: April 21, 2007 07:13PM
Posted by: tux
oh oh oh, can I join in?

I have to agree with Ellis here, the thread starter was out of line with his "lol". In a less obvious way, its like the posts by ralv585. First posting about the VT shootings, then about a video trying to be funny about shooting people...

Also, lets point out 2 news stories on the uk front page of bbc news...

Teenager's body found at Butlins
A murder inquiry starts after a 19-year-old woman is found fatally injured in a holiday camp chalet in Somerset.

Man killed by masked gunmen
A man is shot dead by four masked gunmen at a take-away restaurant in Leeds, police say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2007 07:25PM by tux.
Date: April 21, 2007 07:24PM
TUX :O WHERE YOU BEEN?

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: April 21, 2007 07:26PM
Posted by: tux
ELLIS :O IM HERE! :D

Date: April 21, 2007 07:27PM
*HUG*

Manly one of course! None of this girly poofy crap.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy