Backup Help

Posted by mika19b 
Backup Help
Date: March 05, 2007 10:09PM
Posted by: mika19b
Hi all,
I am currently using Windows 2000 SP4 and decided an upgrade was in need. So i have purchased Windows XP Pro (I am a student and a bit short of cash, which is why i am always one behind!) and i am wondering if i can backup firefox bookmarks? Also does anyone here use Acronis True Image Home? As i need a backup program so i dont have to keep re-installing everything and i was recommended True Image.
Cheers,
Mika19b
Re: Backup Help
Date: March 05, 2007 11:24PM
Posted by: gav
I don't have the Home version, but True Image is easily the best backup program out there that I've ever used. It knocks spots off of Norton Ghost. Very highly recommended.

As for Firefox, go to Bookmarks > Organise Bookmarks > File > Export.

To import them into your new installation, do the same, but go to Import rather than Export. :)
Date: March 06, 2007 05:17PM
Okay cheers mate :) Also does anyone know how to backup emails in Outlook Express?
Date: March 06, 2007 05:22PM
Posted by: MarcLister
Think you need to backup the .dbx folders for Outlook Express. Course you could just use Thunderbird when you get XP. ;-)

[www.iopus.com] - Check out step 1 there.

I haven't used either Ghost or Acronis True Image but I have a demo of True Image and I'd use that. Purely from having read so many posts about True Image being better than Ghost on the Overclockers forums.
Date: March 06, 2007 05:23PM
Posted by: Glyn
Check under the file menu in Outlook to see if there is an export function. I'm pretty sure there is.

Failed that, the data files should be located in C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft and search for Outlook. There should be something in there which looks like the data files.

Afraid I can't be more specific as I use Outlook, not Outlook Express and I know there are differences.

Date: March 07, 2007 11:08PM
Ok cheers for the help guys just to let you know i am now running Windows XP Pro SP2 with all my backup emails etc importerd fine. Cheers!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy