Posted by kaid 
Date: March 05, 2007 07:16PM
Posted by: kaid
Just found out that this movie is going to be released within 4 days in the US and 22nd here in the netherlands. Strange that it hadn't any real publicity because it's a pretty big budget film (60mil.)

300 is based on the comics of Frank Miller (Sin City). The story is about the 300 soldiers of sparta.
It looks awesome in my opnion, it's sort of a gladiator with a Lord of the rings touch.

Can't w8 :)

trailers:
[www.apple.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2007 07:16PM by kaid.
Re: 300
Date: March 05, 2007 07:26PM
Posted by: Muks_C
[www.grandprixgames.org]

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 05, 2007 07:27PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I haven't read about it, but I'm assuming its about the battle of thermopylae?

Really rousing story, the spartans were the nuts! Best bit was when the persians sent in their 'untouchables' - the very best soldiers they had, and the spartans just cleaned them out!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 05, 2007 07:31PM
@Muks_c - oh lol i missed something :P

@-qwert- - yea it's about the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C.

Date: March 05, 2007 10:47PM
Posted by: gin
before people get that panties in a twist. THIS FILM IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE HISTORICLY ACCURATE.

just annoying when on other boards people complain about accuracy of this film...

Date: March 05, 2007 11:25PM
It's based on the comics and not on historical facts. That's why i like it :)

Date: March 06, 2007 01:20AM
Posted by: LS.
Watchmen is out soon too :)

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 06, 2007 10:21AM
Posted by: chet
This film will be @#$%& amazing.

Anything related to anykind of mythology or something is good! And Sin City was a gem, so no doubt this will be too!

And that poster is simply outstanding!

"Trulli was slowing down like he wanted to have a picnic" LOL
Date: March 06, 2007 11:41AM
Posted by: HakkF1
those kind of fimls will suck at the box office,only in the US
see Troy,Kingdom of heavin,ALexander,King Arthur,they did gr8 all over the world,but not on the US.
because they don't have such history,they don't feel related.

==============================
Date: March 09, 2007 06:18AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
I thought troy was huge in the states?

King arthur, alexander (especialy alexander) and kingdom on heaven all sucked ass anyway.

Date: March 09, 2007 12:16PM
Lol yup they did.
And yeah i thought Troy was big, afterall it had 'him' in.

Helen could have been someone abit more ermm better looking if u ask me, the face that launched 1000 ships wasnt that good ;)

Date: March 09, 2007 01:36PM
Posted by: Muks_C
i only saw a bit of Troy when it was on tv a couple of weeks ago. Helen was played by Diane Kruger wasn't she? she seemed to have nice puppies in the bit i saw.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 10, 2007 02:13AM
Posted by: bones1834
All do respect, Troy was huge, but lets face it not great. And Braveheart was tremendously popular over here(USA). "Not having a history" doesn't really matter when all you need to do is read a book. Not sure how many of you have Greek or Persian connections.

Just came away from a 2 pm showing, on a weekday, and the place was packed. Great movie!

It is going to do huge box office.
Date: March 10, 2007 01:25PM
I don't think 'not having a history' matters at all. You can still appreciate the history of other places - whether it be mesopotania, egypt, greece or italy.

I'm definately going to see this, it looks awesome! There are so many battles that they're gonna make into films over the coming months - cannae probably (or at least hannibal's story!), megiddo (later the city was known as armagheddon), it could get tiresome pretty quickly!

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 10, 2007 08:41PM
Well the US appears to be liking it after all:

300 Makes $27.7 Million Opening Day!
Source: ShowbizData March 10, 2007

In what could turn out to be one of the most astounding box office stories of the year so far, ShowbizData is reporting that Zack Snyder's adaptation of Frank Miller's Greek war epic 300 has earned an estimated $27.7 million on its opening Friday, including midnight previews and IMAX receipts.

This could be a watershed opening for Snyder and Warner Bros. who took a big chance on the stylized film based on Miller's graphic novel after the failure of Oliver Stone's Alexander at the box office in 2004, but it's a good sign that Snyder's next proposed project, an adaptation of Alan Moore's Watchmen, will be fast-tracked come Monday morning.

Although 300 had a bigger opening day than last year's Ice Age: The Meltdown, which currently holds the March weekend opening record with $68.03 million, the guy-friendly movie is also likely to be more frontloaded to Friday, which means it might be a close one if it's going to break that record for the weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2007 08:41PM by bones1834.
Date: March 10, 2007 09:54PM
Good to see. Actually, thinking about it I think it was really clever the way they marketed it. Sure, they could've been completely straight and said 'based on this ancient greek battle', but given that people might be a bit sick of that by now (with troy, alexander etc), they've gone with the rank miller angle.

Comic book adaptions are in right now (though its gettting a bit dul imo by now), so it was a good call.

-----------------

My love’s subliminal
Date: March 10, 2007 10:47PM
Posted by: Guimengo
All the ads here have been pretty awesome, it's been very well regarded by "men" due to the "oh it looks so freakin' awesome" appeal and how visually stunning it looks. It's been well marketed here in the US, the action scenes are cut very short so you get a guy flying towards another for about .8s, one throwing another away for 1s, all of those caught in the middle or beginning of action but never show all. Leaves you wanting more ;-)
Date: March 11, 2007 01:22AM
Posted by: gin
I know someone who seen it, he says its very good. I cant wait myself!

Date: March 12, 2007 03:31AM
comingsoon.net has just reported "300" broke a March record with a U.S. box office of 70 million. The movie cost 60 million to make, so they show profit in 3 days. Not bad.:)
Date: March 13, 2007 02:10PM
Mate has aquired ermm a version of this film.

He says its awsome. But deffo one for the cinema :D:D:D!

But I have no-one to go with!! I cant convince anyone how good this will be !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy