I am close to committing murder...

Posted by Nickv 
Re: I am close to committing murder...
Date: March 01, 2007 05:41PM
Posted by: Sapo
"High alcohol tolerance"

Yeah right, they all say that.

Some say... he's even smaller than 20kb.
And some say... he's so offensive he could get you into trouble...
The only thing we know is that he's called...

THE SIG

Felipe Massa, World Champion 15:34:11pm- 15:34:21pm.
Date: March 02, 2007 02:31AM
Posted by: gin
Sapo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "High alcohol tolerance"
>
> Yeah right, they all say that.

yeah I say it and its true, I am not one of those nancy Brit boys drinking their WKDs and Smirnoff Ice crap and pass out in front of the union every night :)

anyhow, getting my license back in a few months now :-]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 02:32AM by gin.
Date: March 02, 2007 03:42AM
Posted by: turkey_machine
So you can break it again?! ;)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 02, 2007 02:03PM
Posted by: johnbunnell
you're the kind of person I hate to be honest.

"I think the alcohol hasn't affected me, so that's ok"
Your high alcohol tolerance claim is bollocks tbh

It's been proven that people who say that, reaction times are still slower etc than when they haven't been drinking (of course, they are, they have been drinking DUH) even though THEY think the drink hasn't affected them.

And as for the zero tolerance thing, well, that wouldn't be possible to monitor, because apparently everyone has a trace natural amount of alcohol in their blood stream, so you wouldn't be able to do that. Hence why we have the limits we have now, well that's what some science guy said on a tv program I seem to remember :P

At the end of the day if you get caught drink driving and are above the limit then you deserve to have the book thrown at you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 05:19PM by johnbunnell.
Date: March 02, 2007 03:19PM
Posted by: Nickv
I agree there. Alcohol is alcohol. No matter how immune you are.
Date: March 02, 2007 03:22PM
Posted by: DaveEllis
gin, Im going to be blunt again, as its obvious being nice doesnt get through to you.

Your a f**king idiot. You deserve to be locked up and never let out. You will kill someone and ruin peoples lives and your trying to justify it. People like you dont deserve to be treated like others in a normal civilised society. Your a prick.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 03:24PM by DaveEllis.
Date: March 02, 2007 03:41PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
That's a bit harsh isn't it? So he's glorifying the fact his alcohol tolerance is higher than others. It's probably cause he drank himself silly once he reached the legal age, and he's probably got the beer belly to prove it too!

As for this "natural amount of alcohol in the bloodstream", care to provide some concrete evidence?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: March 02, 2007 03:49PM
That's a bit harsh isn't it?

He put peoples lives at risk and doesnt show any sign of regretting it. He goes on to use the exact same excuse that everyone caught drink driving uses (and yet some people still buy it). Being called a prick for putting peoples lives at risk is too harsh? I could have been alot harsher than that.

I am not one of those nancy Brit boys drinking their WKDs and Smirnoff Ice crap and pass out in front of the union every night

No. Your an alcoholic cu*t who has no place in society since you delbratly put people at risk and then attempt to justify it, just so you can enjoy getting a bit drunk. The sooner the world is free of f**tards like you, the better off this world will be.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 02, 2007 03:52PM
Posted by: Covfan
Anyone who glorifies or tries to justify drink driving deserves all the distain Dave is dishing out tbh.
Date: March 02, 2007 04:40PM
turkey_machine Wrote:
> That's a bit harsh isn't it? So he's glorifying
> the fact his alcohol tolerance is higher than
> others. It's probably cause he drank himself silly
> once he reached the legal age, and he's probably
> got the beer belly to prove it too!
>
> As for this "natural amount of alcohol in the
> bloodstream", care to provide some concrete
> evidence?

Do I really need to tbh? This "alcohol tolerance" being higehr thing is complete bullshit, sure, he may well be able to drink loads and still be able to speak/walk normally with no problems, but his reaction times are not going to be normal. We have the drink drive limit to get @#$%& like that off the roads, and to try to justify being caught drink driving is bloody unbeliavable.
Date: March 02, 2007 05:03PM
Posted by: cavey24
too bad that this @#$%& has been more and more in Holland
I would track down the bastards and kick their asses

Date: March 02, 2007 05:30PM
follow up to my previous message about the monitoring thing.

In some countries they do have even lower drink limits than in the UK etc, the thing I seem to remember someone saying was that the limit should be absolute 000000%, which is when I think someone said that that couldn't be monitored or something, and that you have to have a "measurable" limit.

Either way, stop trying to justify drink driving, if you drink and are over the limit then you're a prick. Dave is right :P
Date: March 02, 2007 06:07PM
---
FEKK! i wish my breathaliser machine malfunctioned when I lost my driving license for driving under the influence of alcholo!!!
---
I was drink driving myself a year ago, got pulled over, i wanted to switch seats witha friend but cops were too close, would have seen it :-/
---
I got banned for 3 years a few months ago :) but will all the reduction I may be on a round within a year! :D
---
Drink driving sounds worse than it actually is
---
too bad Iam banned for 3 years (2 if do drink n drive course) for drink and drive, my second ban, damn these strict laws!! :-/
---

Vader said Gin should be nailed to a tree by his scrotum. But since hes a drink driver who rather than admit his mistake would rather try and justify it, I suggest Gin is not a real man and therefore should be nailed to the tree by his eyeballs since he would lack the ballsack skin to to it Vaders way.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 02, 2007 08:27PM
Posted by: Vader
Losing it once because of drink driving is bad enough, losing it twice makes you deserve all the disdain you get.

REHAB IS FOR QUITTERS
Date: March 02, 2007 08:37PM
Posted by: gav
I support Gin, and will be more than happy to help him get over this ongoing problematic period in his life.
Date: March 02, 2007 09:02PM
Posted by: Red Sam
I suppose you could drive him somewhere to get help...

RedSam
Winner: Not the Nickv Comment of the Year 2009

Due to the voting system in Germany, Governments are always made up of coalitions of different parties. At the last election, an almost unprecidented result saw the CDU/CSU (rough equivilant of the Conservatives) go into Government with the SPD (rough equivilant of Labour)
Date: March 02, 2007 09:59PM
Posted by: keiran
gin Wrote:
> True, but the problem is the law, my alcohol
> tollerance is high yet the limit is very low

What a load of crap.

So you say you have a high tolerance, yet you were caught? The police obviously had some reason to pull you over.

Just a few weeks ago someone (who was most likely drunk) was driving at 70mph down the main city centre street, 20mph limit. He went through the metal pedestrian protection fencing and right into a Italian restaurant window. The worst part of it all? He legged it leaving his passenger with serious wounds, wasn't wearing a seat belt and put his head through the windscreen

Sickens me that someone can have so much pride to boast about being banned from driving when people are killed and families ruined because of idiots like you.

vMax.Keiran
Velocity Maximum Simulation Racing
www.vMaxSR.com
www.liveforspeed.net LFS Status:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 10:00PM by keiran.
Date: March 02, 2007 10:09PM
Posted by: gin
oK..why is everyone getting mental over this? Trust me, after my last ban Ive definetly learned my lesson. For me not driving for 2.3 years has been tough due to my geographical location and i will probably pay a fortune for my car insurance now....And by saying that i have high tollerance to alcohol i didnt mean that i will drink drive again, just that if the limit is one (two?) pints of beer it doesnt mean i will be drunk.

also, about reducing alcohol limit to zero. What i meant was that a lot of people get caught when they had a bit to drink thinking that they are still under the limit. Another problem is that, some people get caught drink driving the following day after a night out as their body still hasnt got rid of the alcohol and they think they might be still under the limit anyway. Having zero alcohol limit for driving would reduce the amount of people drink driving. This however will not remove the problem completely, but still, it has worked in other countries.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 10:10PM by gin.
Date: March 02, 2007 10:57PM
Trust me, after my last ban Ive definetly learned my lesson.

--

I wanted to switch seats witha friend but cops were too close

i wish my breathaliser machine malfunctioned

I got banned for 3 years a few months ago :)

Drink driving sounds worse than it actually is

damn these strict laws!!

--

Really, so what did you learn? That being banned for 3 years deserves a smilie tagged on?

Vader, bring the nails, I have a hammer.

theRacingLine.net
SportsCarArchives.com
Date: March 02, 2007 11:11PM
Posted by: gav
gin Wrote:
> also, about reducing alcohol limit to zero. What i
> meant was that a lot of people get caught when
> they had a bit to drink thinking that they are
> still under the limit. Another problem is that,
> some people get caught drink driving the following
> day after a night out as their body still hasnt
> got rid of the alcohol and they think they might
> be still under the limit anyway. Having zero
> alcohol limit for driving would reduce the amount
> of people drink driving. This however will not
> remove the problem completely, but still, it has
> worked in other countries.

As I'm sure many members here will testify, I'm not afraid to drink a bit. Or a lot. In an hour. But even I, the stereotypical alcoholic, know not to drink if I'm driving (or riding in my case) the next day. I have a max of 3 cans any night before I'm on the road.

If you're not sure whether you're over the limit or not, you have a problem. It's really that simple. If you get to the point where you can't decide whether or not you should take to the road, then you have a problem. If you've drunk a limited (by law, not by interpretation) amount of alcohol 12hrs before you're due to drive, then you'll be fine. It's not a case of 'OK, I feel fresh' - the body doesn't work like that. I probably drink more than most on the this forum, but I've never, ever even thought of pushing the boundaries.

It's not worth it driving.

It's not worth it if you get caught.

And it's certainly not worth it if you end up knocking over a kid on their way to school.

If you have to think about it, catch the bus, or seek help (and I don't mean in a clinic afterwards).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2007 11:12PM by gav.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy