Confused and Annoyed, Round Two

Posted by MarcA 
Re: Confused and Annoyed
Date: February 26, 2007 11:29AM
Posted by: Covfan
Time to play devils advocate...

Maybe there's a bigger problem here. He sees her as a really close friend (he loves her, but is not in love with her). He's afraid of losing her s a friend because of his current relationship with his girlfriend. Of course he can't tell his girlfriend this because, well, it'll probably hurt her a lot more than it would hurt you.

Talk to him about it, because there is clearly a bigger issue at hand here.
Date: February 26, 2007 10:03PM
Posted by: MarcA
Successfully asked her to the cinema :)

Date: February 26, 2007 10:19PM
Posted by: Sauber89
well played my friend i had a very similar story that ended with a mass argument so i hope all goes well for you (Y)

Date: February 26, 2007 10:20PM
What happened? ;)

Date: February 28, 2007 04:34AM
Posted by: NeilPearson
oh do tell sauber89

Date: February 28, 2007 07:09PM
Right well, once more he intervines.

My supposed 'date' between me and her has been joined by one of my other best friends, and, yeah, you guessed it. Apparently she invited them but I think that she would of asked me first so i'm not sure.

WHEN AM I GOING TO GET TO TAKE HER OUT WITHOUT HIM JOINING?!

Re: Confused and Annoyed, Round Two
Date: February 28, 2007 07:14PM
Posted by: Muks_C
so you asked her out to the cinema, then she asked that other guy, your nemesis, to come wiht you? i think she's a bit dippy, she should surely know that you wouldn't want him to come along too.

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: February 28, 2007 07:31PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Yer no offence but it sounds like shes playing you a bit mate. You get girls like that and from experience beleive me its best just to stay well away

Date: February 28, 2007 07:37PM
I'm not sure, I think he found out, and then sort of, invited himself.

Mehh, I don't know.

Date: February 28, 2007 09:09PM
Posted by: danm
either a) tell her now you thought it was just gonna be you two. that way she is majorly hinted it was some 'alone time'

or at worst, go with her mates and all, then ask for a second time with just the two of you, final hint.

if that doesnt work, quit whilst your ahead, best way. if she ever feels the same she'll take the hint or come chasing!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it
Date: February 28, 2007 09:17PM
I know what's happening now, i'm slightly gutted but happy it's all sorted :)

Date: February 28, 2007 09:36PM
Posted by: SexySam182
Can we know whats happening to? ;)

Date: February 28, 2007 09:49PM
I know now that she doesn't like me in that way. However, HE told me, so there's a possibility that he is lying. But, for the time I have known him, he's never seemed like the lying type, at ALL.

I will see how Saturday goes :)

Date: February 28, 2007 09:56PM
Posted by: turkey_machine
People change Marc, they can be a saint towards you one day, then a f***ing b****rd the next, so tread carefully. ;-)

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: February 28, 2007 10:18PM
And which of the two are you warning me of?

Date: February 28, 2007 11:50PM
Posted by: -qwerty-
/wades in

Mate, if he told you she's not interested, and you know for a fact he's uncomfortable with you getting between them, then to me it points to one thing.

Maybe she doesn't like oyu in that wway, but don't believe it from someone who isn't connected, and who has a vested interest!

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Date: March 01, 2007 12:06AM
Just as I thought I was exiting the whole scenario, you bring me right back in :) I'll just see how saturday goes I think.

Date: March 01, 2007 12:10AM
Posted by: Muks_C
we wait with baited breath!

*dum dum, dum dum dum dumdumdum* (to the tune of the drums at the end of Eastenders)

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 01, 2007 12:15AM
Do you really though ;)

Date: March 01, 2007 01:05AM
Posted by: danm
he is a potential slimy creep. be warned.

i had a housemate who acted very similar, turned out he fancied the girl i was getting a bit of for himself and manipulated situations and scenarios through petty flammable lies. creep. to the point, dont take word from the messenger. take it from the girl herself, he could be playing you against his own chances, believing you are a threat.

no decent friend stops girls from seeing other guys, if you are as harmless as i assume. overprotective usually means posessive and he probably has hidden desires of his own.

don't get chummy with him is my advice, the more he knows about you and your feelings the more he can manipulate situations that he knows are your weak points. be friendly, but dont explain how to feel for her to him - you sure its the girl you want? :P *cough duly noted says marc*

im a bitter person on that front, but i consider myself wise beyond age in such circumstances.

talk to the girl, or give up and find another!

Jenson drives it like he owns it; Lewis drives it like he stole it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2007 01:06AM by danm.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy