can anyone name this song

Posted by rapid_f1 
Re: can anyone name this song
Date: March 21, 2007 02:56PM
Posted by: Muks_C
cheers Chris Lewis, i had a feeling it sounded a bit like Massive Attack. my mate has a MA album in his car so might borrow it.

i think this is the real video for it, not a fan-made one joined to the song:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

RIP Jules, never to be forgotten. #KeepFightingMichael
Date: March 21, 2007 03:18PM
Posted by: chrislewis
I remembered this song off a movie which is how I remembered it.

Please just call me Chris, my original log on name was chrisl but I have no idea why it changed to the full name. :)

Date: March 21, 2007 05:14PM
no problem Chris :)

Date: March 21, 2007 05:55PM
Posted by: LS.
NeilPearson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> wow i like that Kasabian song.

All their songs are good :)

Reason is Treason was used on the intro to GT4 on the playstation in Europe

Cant find it on youtube but this the version ( the album one isnt as good as this remix imo )

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2007 06:05PM by LS..
Date: March 21, 2007 06:05PM
Posted by: LS.
Found it

">

LS's Tip of the week
ESSENTIAL OILS aren't essential unless you're an engine, a gearbox or a twat
Date: March 22, 2007 01:03PM
Posted by: NeilPearson
i dont know, i got there first album last night, Club foot just rocks, the others, well there not as heavy as i would like, but ill give them a few listens to at work tommorow, and ill report back ;)

Love this song tho, and the video clip just rocks

">

Date: March 22, 2007 02:08PM
yeah i have the first album, Club Foot is the best song, well best music anyway, the others are ok, but nothing special i thought. i do like LSF and Running Battle a bit though.

didn't like the songs i've heard from the new album though.

Date: June 21, 2007 12:44AM
hello.

can anyone please tell me the name and composer of the classical music featured in A Tribe Called Quest's "Can I Kick It", it's been used in many tv programmes and adverts over the years, but i've never found out what it's called or who wrote it, it's in the last few seconds of this clip so once it's loaded just skip to around 2:52:

(youtube is now going through the UK site, so it's not working with the youtube tags on the forum it seems)

edit: just changed the url back to the normal youtube, removing the UK bits, and it works again:

&NR=1">
&NR=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

go to 22 seconds left on the timer for the sample i want to identify.

the music is used at the start of this advert for The Apprentice, before Girls Aloud kicks in:

">

edit again, think i've found the answer on The Apprentice's homepage from the BBC, 'Dance of the Knights' from 'Romeo and Juliet' by Sergei Prokofiev.

oh yes!:

">

thanks everyone! :)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2007 01:14AM by Muks_C.
Date: October 08, 2007 09:08PM
can anyone help me with this bit of classical music? it's probably been in some old horror movie or something. i didn't know a way to get it from my dvd recorder to the computer so used my camera to record it, it's a 17MB Quicktime file, hope it's not too inconvenient for you to download it and listen.

downloads: Link 1, or Link 2 (save link/target for either)

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2007 09:09PM by Muks_C.
Date: October 08, 2007 11:17PM
Posted by: Enjoi
I recognise the tune but I don't know the name sorry. I do know that there's an electro song 'The Autobots vs Screwface - Flesh Eater' that uses a sample from the classical music, doubt that will help you much but good luck :P (dunno if you know about www.commercialbreaksandbeats.co.uk but its quite good when you want to look for music used in tv/film..)

Ric Scott
Date: October 08, 2007 11:22PM
yes, but i don't know what film it was in... :)

will research that song you mentioned, it might be on Wikipedia or something. Thanks.

edit: not on Wiki, so tried on youtube. it might be from "Psycho" or "Night of the Living Dead".

you can hear it in this vid, starts at around 5min22:

">

edit again:

yes it's the Psycho theme from 1960 by Bernard Herrmann:

">

awesome, thanks!

i'm not generally into just theme or classical music, but the Psycho theme and Dance of the Knights (look a bit higher in this page, the black and white clip with Charlie Chaplin) are brilliant.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2007 11:33PM by Muks_C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy