Broadband instilation help, I need flash player 8!?

Posted by bestobritish 
Broadband instilation help, I need flash player 8!?
Date: January 20, 2007 10:33PM
Posted by: bestobritish
right basically im trying to instal orange/wanadoo broadband onto my PC, but when I try and use the CD the buttons dont respond. Talking to the helpline they say I need Adobe flash player 8 but I cant find it anywhere, does anyone ave it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Broadband instilation help, I need flash player 8!?
Date: January 20, 2007 10:37PM
Posted by: Nickv
Doesn't it work with 9? It available at the Adobe site.
Date: January 20, 2007 10:39PM
Posted by: gav
Assuming you need the actual offline download (as you can't access the normal online one without the interweb):

ActiveX (Internet Explorer): [fpdownload.macromedia.com]

Opera, Netscape and Firefox: [fpdownload.macromedia.com]

//edit: these are both version 9.0.28.0, or at least they were the last time I checked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2007 10:40PM by gav.
cheers for the replys but weve fixed it, we uninstalled flash player 9 n its worked....

well kind of, now the wireless connection is playing up, dont you love technology!

bestobritish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well kind of, now the wireless connection is
> playing up, dont you love technology!

no i hate the @#$%&

Date: January 21, 2007 11:16AM
Posted by: rapid_f1
tell me about it. im using a belkin cardbus as a wireless adpater to connect to the router in my room to sue the net. had it about 5 months now and its been working fine. now all of a sudden it doesnt work. it doesnt even see any wireless networks most of the time! damn thing. tried my netgear adapter and it works fine.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
Date: January 21, 2007 11:50AM
Posted by: gav
rapid_f1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> tell me about it. im using a belkin cardbus as a
> wireless adpater to connect to the router in my
> room to sue the net. had it about 5 months now and
> its been working fine. now all of a sudden it
> doesnt work. it doesnt even see any wireless
> networks most of the time! damn thing. tried my
> netgear adapter and it works fine.

We got some Belkin cardbus adapters at work for the non-wireless laptops. I'm trying not to come over as too strong, but they're @#$%& @#$%&.

Belkin have been an overpriced lump of crap, living off a past reputation and still overcharging on it. Best compliment I can give them: they make good power adapters.
Date: January 21, 2007 05:55PM
Posted by: rapid_f1
i couldnt agree with you more. they are a pile of crap. my mate had a belkin router and it would only connecvt when it felt like it. suffice to say im sending it back.

I.Tz No Problem
For all your home and business I.T needs
[www.itznoproblem.com]
enquiry@itznoproblem.com
wahay broadband at long long last!! Just got to get a longer USB cable so I can get a better signal :D

I'd be careful of that bestobritish... unless the device is mains powered, you could find the computer not recognising because the cable's too long for the power to get across it. One way around that is a powered USB hub.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10; indeed, it's a common requirement in fairy tales. If the human didn't have to overcome huge odds, what would be the point? Terry Pratchett - The Science Of Discworld

GPGSL S5 Race driver for IED.

Date: January 22, 2007 08:23AM
Posted by: -qwerty-
I've got belkin - the first one was the cheapest wireless stuff (branded) i could get, but it was dodgy from the offf - never really worked too well, always dropping the connection.

Contacted belkin USA (only help emaail address I could find), and got an answer 12 hours later, asking foor my address so they could send me a new one! It arrived a week later, and was the top of the line bells and whistlles version! Its been bulletproof :) I also got my mac at the same time, which has far better wireless range than my pc used to, so maybe that's a factor.

-----------------

She says brief things, her love’s a pony
My love’s subliminal
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Maintainer: mortal, stephan | Design: stephan, Lo2k | Moderatoren: mortal, TomMK, Noog, stephan | Downloads: Lo2k | Supported by: Atlassian Experts Berlin | Forum Rules | Policy